Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets | Page 44 | The Boneyard

Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I apologize if my attempt at light humor could be considered trolling. I just couldn't believe that a Wake Forest booster, of all people, would be a source for an article concerning Big-12 Expansion. Then there was the car wash thread that I am fond of reading and well, I thought the joke might be found funny to the regular readers of this blog site. But if I offended anyone, please accept this apology and know that it was out of ignorance and not malice.

You've got it backwards.

The trolling was done by the person who referenced a WF Booster while asking the newspaper reporter.

There are other unverified references to a WF Booster on the interwebs where the booster shares his scoop on realignment.

Reaction Score
I get that women's basketball doesn't move the needle nationally, but if a network is trying to establish value, does the fact that WBB is a huge TV draw in Connecticut not matter?

A B12 network that shows MBB and WBB from November through March will draw a ton of eyeballs in Connecticut.

The women's team draws eyeballs nationally. It's like having a top 25 men's team.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If the alleged source actually exists he shouldn't be too hard to track down. How many boosters could Wake Forest possibly have?

Reaction Score
You've got it backwards.

The trolling was done by the person who referenced a WF Booster while asking the newspaper reporter.

There are other unverified references to a WF Booster on the interwebs where the booster shares his scoop on realignment.

Understood and thank you for clarifying your post for me. It is certainly appreciated.

Reaction Score
The women's team draws eyeballs nationally. It's like having a top 25 men's team.

Is there documentation of this? I"ve seen some individual women's BB TV ratings for NCAA finals and such but never a list of TV ratings for regular season WBB games. I believe there was supposedly a really big TV number from one of the regular season games last season if I remember correctly.

Reaction Score
Is there documentation of this? I"ve seen some individual women's BB TV ratings for NCAA finals and such but never a list of TV ratings for regular season WBB games. I believe there was supposedly a really big TV number from one of the regular season games last season if I remember correctly.

Here is one: Syracuse-Connecticut Women’s NCAA Hoops Final leads cable sports TV ratings for Tuesday April 5, 2016

Here is another one: Notre Dame-Connecticut, Spurs-Thunder, SportsCenter lead cable sports nets for Tuesday April 7, 2015

Reaction Score

The UConn-South Carolina regular season game last year did a .7, and another did a .8. You have to look at the games that were on ESPN or ESPN2to make a comparison. While those aren't Duke-Kentucky numbers, they are really really good. For the state of Connecticut, they say half the population (1.7m) watched the championship game.

UConn men do a .8 to 1.3 on ESPN regularly.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is there any documentation of the 1.7 million for Connecticut for the women's championship game. There is absolutely no way that is true.

Since they only got 2.9 million viewers it would mean pretty much no one outside of the state watched either.

Reaction Score
Is there any documentation of the 1.7 million for Connecticut for the women's championship game. There is absolutely no way that is true.

Since they only got 2.9 million viewers it would mean pretty much no one outside of the state watched either.

Yay, UConn's favorite cheerleader, not.

Reaction Score

I might have read this wrong but I have no idea what 1.7 refers to here:
2014-15 ESPN Women's Basketball Ratings Notes (Infographic)

It can't be rating because we know the rating for the game was in the 30s for the market.

Also, I think you are confusing people for households. For instance, the 2014-2015 championship was seen in 3.2m households. But over 4.4m viewers watched it.

UConn's historic NCAA title win draws impressive television ratings

As for Connecticut, I think the state has 1.3m households and 3.6m residents.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I might have read this wrong but I have no idea what 1.7 refers to here:
2014-15 ESPN Women's Basketball Ratings Notes (Infographic)

It can't be rating because we know the rating for the game was in the 30s for the market.

Also, I think you are confusing people for households. For instance, the 2014-2015 championship was seen in 3.2m households. But over 4.4m viewers watched it.

UConn's historic NCAA title win draws impressive television ratings

As for Connecticut, I think the state has 1.3m households and 3.6m residents.

I'm not confusing anything. You said half the residents watched.

That infographic is saying Hartford had a 1.7 rating for the season on those three networks.

LOL - close though.

Reaction Score
I'm not confusing anything. You said half the residents watched.

That infographic is saying Hartford had a 1.7 rating for the season on those three networks.

LOL - close though.

I got it wrong.

Also, you got the previous quote of 2.7m viewers wrong. That is totally false.

The difference between you and me is that I can admit when I'm wrong. You can't.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Oh sorry for not believing that half the population of the state watched a basketball game. I must not like UConn.

The women's final is bigger than the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!! Wheeeeeeeeee
:rolleyes:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I got it wrong.

Also, you got the previous quote of 2.7m viewers wrong. That is totally false.

The difference between you and me is that I can admit when I'm wrong. You can't.

Um it's your link says 2.95 million total viewers.

Reaction Score
The UConn-South Carolina regular season game last year did a .7, and another did a .8. You have to look at the games that were on ESPN or ESPN2to make a comparison. While those aren't Duke-Kentucky numbers, they are really really good. For the state of Connecticut, they say half the population (1.7m) watched the championship game.

UConn men do a .8 to 1.3 on ESPN regularly.

Here's how a normal person would respond to your post.

Can you clarify your numbers? Something doesn't look right.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Um it's your link says 2.95 million total viewers.

No, it does not. It says 3m households and 4.3-4.4m viewers.

Again, you can't seem to comprehend the difference between households and viewers.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Let's fast forward this 3 hours.

Upstater will post more numbers, Whaler will continue to antagonize him in the process.

Everyone is unhappy.

It's sort of fun when someone is so clueless they actually tell me that my number is wrong when they are the one that posted it.

There are just some people who should give up on numbers - it's not their thing.

Reaction Score
It's sort of fun when someone is so clueless they actually tell me that my number is wrong when they are the one that posted it.

There are just some people who should give up on numbers - it's not their thing.

I never posted any link about 2.9m viewers. You are delusional. Now you are making things completely up.

Reaction Score
I gave a LOL when I read that.

Perfect troll networking. This is how you get a source to become legit. Out the same info in multiple blogs/websites and count on readers not connecting the dots.

I just thought it was a Boneyarder goofing around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom