Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If it's not Narduzzi then I want Weist on a short contract and we can try again if it doesn't work out.

Lembo seems like a pricey risk whereas Weist would at least be a cheap one.

No short term contract. It has to be right and it has to work out. Not half-assed this time.

Reaction Score
I'd like this report even more if PN flew to ATL after the awards luncheon in Little Rock. Personally, I much prefer afternoon business meetings vs early morning ones because if things go well in the business meeting, deals can often be consummated during a more personal and relaxed dinner meeting.

Well, I'm thinking that it might have had to be a morning soirée (unless WM went to Little Rock) based on this:

"Narduzzi accepted the Broyles Award trophy, valued at more than $5,000. Afterwards, the winner and his spouse are flown to Orlando to represent the award at The Home Depot College Football Awards Show broadcast on ESPN." http://www.arkansasmatters.com/stor...3-broylesaward/d/story/t_oJ16UYFEO4ix90B_gs8g.

I guess he could have asked to make a short stop in Hotlanta ;) The Home Depot Award show is Thursday night...

Last edited:

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
This hire needs to be like a vitamin b shot to this fanbase. I'm sure Warde knows what is at stake in terms of season ticket holders and overall buzz. Were coming off of whatever is the opposite of buzz or buzzkill with P. Oh boy, took a break for a little while hoping the hire was already done.....
@noeynox I'm actually hoping that at some point this week when the headline comes out: "UConn to Hire Michigan State DC Narduzzi" that we all wake up from this nightmare that has been the last few seasons here in Connecticut Football history. Time to get back on track.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Well, I'm thinking that it might have had to be a morning soirée (unless WM went to Little Rock) based on this:

"Narduzzi accepted the Broyles Award trophy, valued at more than $5,000. Afterwards, the winner and his spouse are flown to Orlando to represent the award at The Home Depot College Football Awards Show broadcast on ESPN." http://www.arkansasmatters.com/stor...3-broylesaward/d/story/t_oJ16UYFEO4ix90B_gs8g.

I guess he could have asked to make a short stop in Hotlanta ;) The Home Depot Award show is Thursday night...
Seems logical to me.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Check out this nut bag:

>>Spartan787 620 posts
I read where the AD at Connecticut is a Michigan grad and UM posters were speculating that he will try to do Brandon a favor by attempting to hire away Narduzzi since UM did UConn a favor by playing a road game there. A few posters also said that one prominent UM alum, the guy who just donated millions of dollars to UM whose name escapes me, might help Connecticut with the salary just to get Narduzzi out of MSU. I am not sure I buy into all of that but it was interesting hearing how they are all so enamored with getting Pat Narduzzi out of MSU. Nardawg can certainly get interviews on his own merit with his brilliant track record. I wish him the best whatever he decides to do.<<

Wow, and I thought we had our challenged people on here...

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I guess it all comes out now.

In exchange for their support in joining the Big Ten, we have agreed to spend $2,000,000 a year to weaken Michigan State by hiring away their top coordinator.

Now, of course, the cat is out of the bag and Michigan State will cancel out Michigan's support, so we'll just drop the whole thing.

Are any of John Swofford's kids into coaching? We need a plan B.

Reaction Score
Check out this nut bag:

>>Spartan787 620 posts
I read where the AD at Connecticut is a Michigan grad and UM posters were speculating that he will try to do Brandon a favor by attempting to hire away Narduzzi since UM did UConn a favor by playing a road game there. A few posters also said that one prominent UM alum, the guy who just donated millions of dollars to UM whose name escapes me, might help Connecticut with the salary just to get Narduzzi out of MSU. I am not sure I buy into all of that but it was interesting hearing how they are all so enamored with getting Pat Narduzzi out of MSU. Nardawg can certainly get interviews on his own merit with his brilliant track record. I wish him the best whatever he decides to do.<<

Quite possibly the dumbest person on the planet

Reaction Score
Narduzzi DID make a short stop in Atlanta...

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

UConn: CoachingSearch.com has learned that Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi interviewed today for the UConn head coaching job in Atlanta. It was a busy day for Narduzzi, who also won the Broyles Award in Little Rock and gave a tremendous speech.

I'd be shocked if Narduzzi wasn't announced as our next coach by end of this week.
My biggest fear is Warde talks a big a game but has not been a bold mover in anything thus far. Chalk it up to sound caution, CYA or whatever, I hope he makes an impactful move while he has the cark. This is his defining moment and he's got options, but those options can slip through his hands quickly if he dithers.
I thought she had no interest in sports?

Hey, its a start. They may be recognition that we have to get out of the AAC death spiral very quickly to maintain a national level sports program.

This is from the President's Athletic Committee as reported by the Mirror:

"The fiscal impact that the University faces is also mirrored in the [athletics] Division. As with all areas of the university, there are required elements that need to be addressed even in difficult fiscal periods and the challenge is to meet them with reduced resources," reads the report from the President's Athletic Advisory Committee.

Those reduced resources include a drop in ticket sale revenue to "all major sports" games, according to the committee.'

In my mind, we are at an existential point where either we pony up and start pressing like crazy to get to the B1G or prepare for a slow death with declining revenue year over year. Our future is being defined now.

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs‏@jacobscourant26m
If Warde Manuel doesn't land Pat Narduzzi there will be plenty of disappointment among UConn fans.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Check out this nut bag:

>>Spartan787 620 posts

Mods, if Narduzzi does in fact become our next Head Coach, can we please rename The Boneyard The Nardawgpound for one week? Just to honor the magnitude of Spartan787's doucheosity?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I drove by the search firm's building tonight after work. I need to get a friggin life
No offense, but the fact that all you did was drive by the building is more than a little disappointing. If UMBear was there, he would have snuck inside the building, sat in their war room during a meeting, grabbed some leftover pizza and then chatted with a couple of guys at the water cooler to see what further info he could pry out of them. And you call yourself a staff member.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
This is from a Florida web site/blog. Thoughts on Diaco? He won the Broyles award last season, ND D was ranked 32nd in scoring this year. I really didn't watch ND play at all this year. I like the fact that Narduzzi has more local ties, but a few successful years and either guy would be off to a top 25 job so that might not matter.

… Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi has interviewed for the UConn job. Notre Dame defensive coordinator Bob Diaco and Ball State head coach Pete Lembo are the other candidates …

Reaction Score
This is from a Florida web site/blog. Thoughts on Diaco? He won the Broyles award last season, ND D was ranked 32nd in scoring this year. I really didn't watch ND play at all this year. I like the fact that Narduzzi has more local ties, but a few successful years and either guy would be off to a top 25 job so that might not matter.

… Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi has interviewed for the UConn job. Notre Dame defensive coordinator Bob Diaco and Ball State head coach Pete Lembo are the other candidates …
32nd against ND's schedule is not bad. Research goes to show Broyles Award winners usually succeed. There's been a couple exceptions. (Randy Shannon and Norm Chow.) The rest either remained successful coordinators, moved up to the NFL or became decent to excellent head coaches.

I agree on Narduzzi being a better option because of regional ties. Maybe those feisty Connecticut High School Football Coaches Association members will feel better about Narduzzi, too. It's amusing no one from the media has printed a word from any CT HS coaches about who should be the next coach.

Reaction Score
If I didn't work for myself, I would already have been fired with my constant need to do twitter searches and refresh the boneyard. I hope Warde moves quickly. No need to interview anyone else. Just get Narduzzi and call it a day.

My big question is why was our last search after FHCRE left so pathetic?

Reaction Score
Timing. Edsall left after a New Years game. Would have been nice of him to have left way before that game. And a pathetic athletic director who kissed Larry Hughes' bum.

The pool of candidates back then was horrible because of the timing.

Reaction Score
ncaa_a_jeffhts_300.jpg

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
Timing. Edsall left after a New Years game. Would have been nice of him to have left way before that game. And a pathetic athletic director who kissed Larry Hughes' bum.
The pool of candidates back then was horrible because of the timing.
Plus it has given us all three years to groom our connections in talents. While PP may have regressed the quality of football playing, the Boneyard has:
  • Increased the quantity and quality of Twitter follows
  • Built an aptitude for posting sarcastic responses
  • Maintained our hate for Rutgers
  • Developed a competency for tracking flights
Big announcement coming...... in 20 minutes

Reaction Score
Two things have hit me. First, looking back, if there was ever a time to go with the stupid approach they took with Kevin Ollie (that worked ultimately), it may have been after Edsall left - going interim with Hank Hughes, keeping the gang together, and getting a real coach the following year.

Second - it's a huge sigh of relief that UConn, so far, seems to only be interviewing candidates that we identified here on the Boneyard. Not saying that our collective intelligence is good enough to be AD, but we SHOULD be able to form an exhaustive candidate list. Last time around, I remember KC Keeler and Garrick McGee (who I would have liked!) pop out of pretty much nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom