Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Will somebody make the case for Lembo. I just don't get it. He's terrible in post season and has a slightly better than average record with lower tier programs. What am I missing?

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I am appreciative of what CPL has done for my alma mater, program, and site. Him staying at BSU is a longshot, and if he comes to a new place I'd like for the fans of said new place (at least the ones hardcore enough to post on a messageboard) to at least have a little bit of backstory that isn't filtered through our local papers which leave very much to be desired.

Dez Conner and Ed Daigneault write for Indiana papers too?

Reaction Score
Careful, if you bring this up you'll get hosed for not understanding football.
Well, honestly, I did not follow Elon, Lehigh or Ball State's amazing rise under Lembo...strangely enough, I couldn't tune into their local public access cable channels. Geez, I just don't get the love affair with this guy.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
This post has only 8 "likes".

That feels like a frightening indication of the mindset of our fanbase based on team rallying to defeat temple, rutgers and memphis.
I mostly agree with him, I just feel like the "TJW Haters" (not saying you) are so quick to discount TJW based simply on Temple, Rutgers, Memphis. It discredits him when he deserves credit for finishing the season on a very strong note when 0-12 was a real possibility.

Focusing on the 3 wins or 5 losses misses the point anyway. What was TJW's story this season? He inherited a poorly coached shtstorm and made them competent. It took time to "unteach" the old regime - people also like to knock him for not winning right away - well, no kidding! They were SO far from competent at that point. But, week by week, they maintained focus, the team and even TJW improved. It tells me he's a leader and willing to learn from his mistakes. Even then -though it was informative to see the trial by fire, judging him solely by the 8 games he coached us just a small part of the TJW story.

ALL THAT SAID... I'm firmly in the Narduzzi camp and TJW is a few rungs down my wish list. I wouldn't be sad if it was him, but TJW is probably a year or two away from being more "optimal". He's riskier, but I think we'd be in fine hands.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Nick Saban Will Be Next Texas Head Coach, Per Fort Worth Star Telegram Report http://shar.es/O0FU6 via @thebiglead

Reaction Score
Chip Brown‏@ChipBrownOB1h
My sources at the highest level of Texas have re-confirmed my report. I hope we can start talking about Mack Brown’s legacy at Texas soon.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Saban to Texas would probably lead the B12 to talk about expanding to 12 to get to a Championship Game. Can't have a big name like Saban and not showcase him on the conference's own stage.

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy‏@McMurphyESPN1h
Source to @ESPN about Brown resigning by end of week: "It's a shame after 16 years Mack's not able to do it on his own w/dignity & grace”

Reaction Score
If it's not Narduzzi then I want Weist on a short contract and we can try again if it doesn't work out.

Lembo seems like a pricey risk whereas Weist would at least be a cheap one.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If it's not Narduzzi then I want Weist on a short contract and we can try again if it doesn't work out.

Lembo seems like a pricey risk whereas Weist would at least be a cheap one.

Not a time to go cheap at all. We are at the precipice of being locked into AAC hell if we don't show a true commitment to football. If we want in the B1G or ACC, we have to nail this hire. Not go cheap.

Reaction Score
Not a time to go cheap at all. We are at the precipice of being locked into AAC hell if we don't show a true commitment to football. If we want in the B1G or ACC, we have to nail this hire. Not go cheap.
My point isn't that we should hire a cheap coach. I want us to spend whatever we have to spend to get a big name (like Narduzzi) who will almost certainly get us where we need to go.

Lembo will cost a lot of money and I honestly don't know if he'd be any better than Weist considering our current situation. They're both risky. At least Weist is on a winning streak and wants the job worse than anyone.

Reaction Score
So that's a second interview, right?

Not thinking so... But we have two separate confirmations (albeit from the brothers) that interview occurred (standard disclaimer in play).

EDIT - I think I got confused on separate confirmations. Same site : "Also, Pete Roussel from the www.coachingsearch.com recently tweeted that Narduzzi impressed the UConn administration during his interview with UConn." - Jim Fuller update this afternoon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Break out the Expresso...

I said it before. I can't believe that an interview would take place with Narduzzi without a high probability he has an offer and is interested.

Otherwise one side gets embarrassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds