Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So what should it have been given the state of the program when he took control? What, you still had fantasies of a bowl game? What team were you watching? The progress was noticeable at game one with the Oline play and running game, and they proceeded to work through the other disasters and coaching logistics along the way and worked it to the point where these guys started believing in themselves again, so yeah he did a pretty damn good job considering what he inherited.

Nobody believes that TJ did a lousy job. I've been clear about this. The job he did is commendable and he deserves a ton of credit. I'm just not ready to hand him the keys to house.

Reaction Score
Ben Breiner ‏@BenBreinerTSP 7m
Pete Lembo declined to comment on coaching search when reached by text. Recruiting in Georgia and NC.

Reaction Score
Jeremy Fowler‏@JFowlerCBS3h
Texas search might be unpredictable, but one sure bet is it will have a rippling effect on CFB coaching community

Reaction Score
Ben Breiner‏@BenBreinerTSP3h
MSU's Pat Narduzzi wnning the Broyles Award is unsurprising. Now what does UConn think of it? That's your next question.

Ben Breiner
@BenBreinerTSP
Lost Bay Area native, UW-Madison alum, Star-Press sports writer covering Ball State football among other things.

Reaction Score
Ben Breiner‏@BenBreinerTSP3h
MSU's Pat Narduzzi wnning the Broyles Award is unsurprising. Now what does UConn think of it? That's your next question.

Ben Breiner
@BenBreinerTSP
Lost Bay Area native, UW-Madison alum, Star-Press sports writer covering Ball State football among other things.

Good update.

Could this Texas fiasco turn as ugly as FSU firing of Bobby Bowden?

Reaction Score
Jeremy Fowler‏@JFowlerCBS19h
Clawson to Wake makes a lot of sense. Wonder if Lembo will slide into UConn contention

Reaction Score
Ben Breiner ‏@BenBreinerTSP 7m
Pete Lembo declined to comment on coaching search when reached by text. Recruiting in Georgia and NC.

how exactly does that go? you text him. hours later he texts back "no comment.' ??

Reaction Score
Tyler Tampier‏@RegionRat1420h
@BenBreinerTSP is uconn really a better job than ball state next year?

Ben Breiner‏@BenBreinerTSP20h
@RegionRat14 Lot of resources. Right coach could get something out of recruiting the region, esp. if support is forthcoming.

Connecticut has a lot of resources to offer, but there's a pretty impressive list of candidates.

OK, with Wake wrapped up, UConn becomes the next job for Ball State fans to watch.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Herman was mentioned as well. Then we go to Weist, and then fall into the Ambrose zone.
We don't know if WM has any order of preference (prior to each interview) or (if he does) what that order is. All Jacobs did was send out that Herman was also a possibility (the only one I know of that has been confirmed is Narduzzi).

Knowing what I do know about the way WM works this is not going to be "I'll see if I can land this guy and if not, I'll try that guy and after three or four misses I'll give the job the TJ". He will interview a number of candidates (my guess is at least six to eight) and then make a recommendation (I believe he is required to) to the trustees and SH. Don't be surprised if in another couple of days we hear an announcement that names someone we hadn't considered or we assumed was at the back of the list. If WM believes Narduzzi is the man I would be surprised if he doesn't land the job. I'm guessing that someone else may convince WM that he is a better choice. I think WM wants someone closer to KO's age and that may hurt Narduzzi's chances.

Reaction Score
I thought this position had to be posted publicly. Has anyone taken the time to try and find the posting?

Reaction Score
I'm sure he's recruiting real hard. :rolleyes: You're interviewing for jobs and asking kids to come to your current school? Um...ok.

Horns247‏@Horns24711m
247Sports Ryan Bartow snaps this photo of Mack Brown and Larry Porter recruiting in Florida http://fb.me/QC0XjP7p

Reaction Score
Horns247‏@Horns24711m
247Sports Ryan Bartow snaps this photo of Mack Brown and Larry Porter recruiting in Florida http://fb.me/QC0XjP7p

They could be watching a crock fight for all we know. :D

That look on his face is one of "I know I'm gone, why the frick am I doing this".

Reaction Score
Hmmmmmm. But you are talking him up on a message board of a team who may potentially hire him.

Many did the same with George DeLeone last year.
I am appreciative of what CPL has done for my alma mater, program, and site. Him staying at BSU is a longshot, and if he comes to a new place I'd like for the fans of said new place (at least the ones hardcore enough to post on a messageboard) to at least have a little bit of backstory that isn't filtered through our local papers which leave very much to be desired.

Reaction Score
I am appreciative of what CPL has done for my alma mater, program, and site. Him staying at BSU is a longshot, and if he comes to a new place I'd like for the fans of said new place (at least the ones hardcore enough to post on a messageboard) to at least have a little bit of backstory that isn't filtered through our local papers which leave very much to be desired.
That is an excellent idea. We certainly do have to deal with heavy duty misperceptions.

I'll sum it up for you how much of an upside the UConn job has: we are desired by ACC and B1G fans for their conferences. Don't know if that's been said but said it anyway. And we beat schools like Indiana, UVA, Duke, etc. We may have lost to Vanderbilt and Western Michigan but we did beat South Carolina, Notre Dame and RG3-era Baylor twice.

Reaction Score
I'm sure he's recruiting real hard. :rolleyes: You're interviewing for jobs and asking kids to come to your current school? Um...ok.
Recruits would likely follow, if they can.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
TDog9:

Question 1: Is that your tattoo? (if yes, see question 2)

Question 2: How do you feel about the logo change?
Does anyone care that Lembo has never won a bowl game? Or that he hasnt gotten any talent into the NFL? Are prospective recruits going to be interested in someone who can make them NFL talent?

So he and TJ have a couple of things in common.

Next question.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Nobody believes that TJ did a lousy job. I've been clear about this. The job he did is commendable and he deserves a ton of credit. I'm just not ready to hand him the keys to house.

This post has only 8 "likes".

That feels like a frightening indication of the mindset of our fanbase content because the team rallied to defeat temple, rutgers and memphis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds