Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If not Narduzzi, TJ all the way. Lembo has the same amount of risk and we know nothing. I know TJ is motivated and he's earned he shot all things being equal.

I'm glad someone's with me on this!

Reaction Score
I am on that train. I was pleased with the way the team played at the end, and the Devil you know.......I think we know what we will get with TJW

Reaction Score
I think we are in the minority. But, sometimes you got to look right in front of your nose instead of looking over the fence for the greener grass.

Reaction Score
College coordinators rarely get an opportunity for a top college job. Look at last years HC hires.

The following schools hired coaches with current head coaching experience: Arkansas, BC, Colorado, Cinci, Auburn, Wisconsin, Purdue, Cal, NC State, USF, W. Kentucky, San Jose St., Louisiana Tech. (8 power conference HCs)

The following schools hired non-HCs: Kentucky, Texas Tech, Western Michigan, Northern Illinois, Southern Miss, UTEP, Idaho, Temple, Utah St, Arkansas St. (2 power conference HCs)

UConn is a great opportunity for someone like Narduzzi.

Reaction Score
You guys are nuts. Same amount of risk my . He's 25-12 with no losing seasons at Ball State. He won consistently at Elon, something nobody has done in a while, and he had 5 consecutive winning seasons at Lehigh. Weist on th eother hand has never been a head coach or even a coordinator before. Not even a close race. If we end up with Weist it has been a very disappointing process.

Reaction Score
I am on that train. I was pleased with the way the team played at the end, and the Devil you know.......I think we know what we will get with TJW
Because beating Temple, RU and Memphis is a sure fire signal that he has what it takes. Teams with a combined record of 11-25. I think you end up with 6-6. Giving up 41 to to Cinci and 62 to UCF really makes me think long and hard about what his long term success horizon will be. Also, what he has he done fro recruiting here and before in Cinci?

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
You guys are nuts. Same amount of risk my . He's 25-12 with no losing seasons at Ball State. He won consistently at Elon, something nobody has done in a while, and he had 5 consecutive winning seasons at Lehigh. Weist on th eother hand has never been a head coach or even a coordinator before. Not even a close race. If we end up with Weist it has been a very disappointing process.
Not to mention a HUGE waste of money... and our time on this blog and hitting refresh on Twitter!

Reaction Score
Because beating Temple, RU and Memphis is a sure fire signal that he has what it takes. Teams with a combined record of 11-25. I think you end up with 6-6. Giving up 41 to to Cinci and 62 to UCF really makes me think long and hard about what his long term success horizon will be. Also, what he has he done fro recruiting here and before in Cinci?
It has nothing to do with the teams they played. It is how the team played that counts in this senerio. they played with pasion and commitment. I am a season ticket holder and the team that played on Saturday was NOT the same team that played against Towson. TJW managed to take a team with no heart, no passion and get them to play like a winning team. That is the devil I know...

Reaction Score

Never been a head coach huh? He currently has a 3 game winning streak as one, interim or not. He also took a team that was a dumpster and ended up having them turn out record performances offensively in their final game. You can talk about the competition all you want, but this is still the same team that lost to Towson and Buffalo and USF. Look at what he accomplished in his short period of time here and how the PLAYERS responded. That is what really matters. You can bring in a great football mind and a great coach, but if the players don't buy in, you can have Vince Lombardi and they wouldn't win. I.E. why Pasqualoni and DeLeone were not successful. TJ has the IT factor you are looking for. He can connect to these kids and you saw the results and what he was able to do by the end of the year.

Reaction Score
Never been a head coach huh? He currently has a 3 game winning streak as one, interim or not. He also took a team that was a dumpster and ended up having them turn out record performances offensively in their final game. You can talk about the competition all you want, but this is still the same team that lost to Towson and Buffalo and USF. Look at what he accomplished in his short period of time here and how the PLAYERS responded. That is what really matters. You can bring in a great football mind and a great coach, but if the players don't buy in, you can have Vince Lombardi and they wouldn't win. I.E. why Pasqualoni and DeLeone were not successful. TJ has the IT factor you are looking for. He can connect to these kids and you saw the results and what he was able to do by the end of the year.
Bill Stewart Syndrome...

Reaction Score
He had average success over his career. His record does not blow me away. He's a solid coach coming from relatively insignificant schools. He has zero BCS experience. I think you're nuts. But then again its a nutty time.

Reaction Score
Bill Stewart Syndrome...

The Stewart syndrome is not a fair comparison. Stewart was head coach for the bowl game. He did not have a team for 2/3 of a season. Stewart did not go through ups and downs, he had to prepare for one game and one game only.

Weist on the other hand had to bring this team up from the worst team in the country. By the end of the year after 8 games, they were playing like world beaters.

The two are not similar examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds