Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pat Narduzzi gives terrific speech, wins the Broyles Award

The defensive stats at MSU were incredibly, but Narduzzi wanted to talk about something else.
Narduzzi said, “You talk about a great defense. We’re No. 1 in the country in defense. All those stats are great, but it’s not about that. The thing I’ve learned under Mark Dantonio in the last ten years is not only the impact of what we do with our players on the field, but it’s the development of people.

"To me, the most impressive thing we’ve done at Michigan State is not win game or be the best defense in the country. It’s that we develop individuals. We’ve got an unbelievable group of kids, but Dantonio has been the leader of that group. We have impacted people, on the field and off the field. That has been the most impressive thing we’ve done as a football staff.
“The reason we are successful is that our kids love playing for us and we love coaching them. A Lee Tressel quote that Coach Dantonio always uses: “They don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” To me, that has been the key to victory every week. They don’t care how much defense I know until they know how much we care about our kids. That’s been the key to what we do at Michigan State.”

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Pat-Narduzzi-gives-terrific-speech-wins-the-Broyles-Award

Reaction Score
footballscoop2:47pm via TweetDeck
If I'm UConn & I want Pat Narduzzi, I'd get that signed up right quickly. Don't want to get in a bidding war w Texas (likely DC candidate)
This is insane. Either the guy wants to be a head coach or he is happy being a coordinator. If he's happy as a coordinator, then we are better off without him. Unless you think they'll name him head Coach, and I don't since they are Texas and will want a proven big name. What ever Narduzzi is he ain't a proven big name.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
My guess is that Texas will make a run at Saban and if he says no, they'll take a run at urban Meyer. Bama might do that, if Saban leaves. I'm skeptical that they'll go after Dantonio, but even if they do and he goes, I'm not convinced it hurts us that much. We don't get Narduzzi, who I really do think Warde covets, we'll end up with Lembo who I actually think is a better choice anyway.
We're in much better shape than 2011. Narduzzi is my # 1 pick, but Lembo is right there at 1B. But I'd be OK with TJ too (though he's several rungs down).

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Though higher profile, do you see Narduzzi leaving MSU for Texas for the same position. I don't. If he goes anywhere it's to be HC.
A UT coordinator is higher profile job, and probably pays a lot more than Michigan state coordinator job. Coaches might view that the same way we hope they view UConn - be successful there for a few years and maybe you land a big time SEC type HC job.

Reaction Score
Pete Roussel‏@coachingsearch21s
Is this the next head coach at UConn? http://Post original url/1f4SFWj It's rare to have a chance to hire the top asst. coach in the country.

Reaction Score
Missed part:

footballscoop2:48pm via TweetDeck
Regardless of who Texas hires, have to think Pat Narduzzi's phone rings as potential DC.
But again, I have to think if he's offered the UConn job he isn't turning it down to be a coordinator at Texas. You only get so many opportunitites to be the head coach. If you it down, you really don't know when or if another one will come along. Narduzzi goes to Texas as DC, and they have a couple of mediocre seasons adjusting to a new coach and a new system, upgrading recruiting which some say has fallen off a bit the last few years, and suddenly he isn't the hot coordinator any more. He's Bud Foster. the long time assistant and brilliant defensive mind who never got a head coaching shot.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
freescooter said:
Rumor has it that George DeLeone has taken himself out of the running despite the urgings of the Connecticut High School Coaches Association...

I wouldn't hire that guy to coach my Tudor Electric football team.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Well, there goes our "by the end of the week" timetable.

Reaction Score
But again, I have to think if he's offered the UConn job he isn't turning it down to be a coordinator at Texas. You only get so many opportunitites to be the head coach. If you it down, you really don't know when or if another one will come along. Narduzzi goes to Texas as DC, and they have a couple of mediocre seasons adjusting to a new coach and a new system, upgrading recruiting which some say has fallen off a bit the last few years, and suddenly he isn't the hot coordinator any more. He's Bud Foster. the long time assistant and brilliant defensive mind who never got a head coaching shot.

Don't disagree... just posting what i see.

Reaction Score
Narduzzi has gone as far as he can go as a DC, he would be wise to start his head coaching career now and UCONN is a perfect first job for him because he can win quickly.

That said, if Warde starts getting the vibe that Narduzzi isn't to keen on the UCONN job he would be wise not to chase, just go to plan B.

Reaction Score
This is insane. Either the guy wants to be a head coach or he is happy being a coordinator. If he's happy as a coordinator, then we are better off without him. Unless you think they'll name him head Coach, and I don't since they are Texas and will want a proven big name. What ever Narduzzi is he ain't a proven big name.

Being a coordinator at Texas is the smart move for him, if they pay him say $1.2m. He can sit on that for at least 5 years until he gets his sweet $3m job at a top flight school.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
. Brown NOT retiring according to Feldman. Bloody freaking insane this stuff.

Bruce Feldman ✔ @BFeldmanCBS
#Texas source tells CBS "Mack (Brown) hasn't had any meeting & has not told anyone he's stepping down."
yeah... then immediately after that comes these tweets...

@footballscoop
Its important to read these "denials" word for word b/c they are crafted carefully. All UT & Mack are saying is he hasn't told anyone yet

@slmandel
Just remember how Texas/DeLoss Dodds vehemently shot down @ChipBrownOB's Sept. report the AD was stepping down and then he did just that.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Being a coordinator at Texas is the smart move for him, if they pay him say $1.2m. He can sit on that for at least 5 years until he gets his sweet $3m job at a top flight school.
I think you go for the sure thing and immediate money though -- not too many chances to be a head coach. If he has 3 good years at UConn, he'll be getting his $3m somewhere else and would have pocketed $6m in the interim.

Reaction Score
My guess is that Texas will make a run at Saban and if he says no, they'll take a run at urban Meyer. Bama might do that, if Saban leaves. I'm skeptical that they'll go after Dantonio, but even if they do and he goes, I'm not convinced it hurts us that much. We don't get Narduzzi, who I really do think Warde covets, we'll end up with Lembo who I actually think is a better choice anyway.

Jimbo Fisher will be a hot name for the Texas job

Reaction Score
That assumes that whoever gets the Texas job succeeds, and if its Saban he probably will. But USC has taken a step back. And they are USC. Michigan has, so the idea that he could take a step back at least in perception if Texas struggles for a while isn't crazy. And by some reports, Texas has not been landing the Texas level recruits. Last year they were out recruited by A&M in the state and Oklahoma in the Big 12. So it could take a season or two to return to real prominence.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

What top flight school is hiring a 52 year old head coach with no experience in that capacity for $3 Million, especially factoring in an age related decline and discounting for time value of money (i.e. $3 million is worth more now than it will be in 2018)? I think it was said above, Becoming DC at Texas is the Bud Foster path. Not saying he can't be happy, but if Coach Narduzzi has head coaching aspirations, he probably needs to push a heater out now or get off the pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom