Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Slightly off-topic tweet - some disgruntled Rutgirls fans:

Fire Hermann and BoG ‏@ruscoop 1m
So UConn is willing to spend $2 million on a coach, but we've decided that athletics is no longer important now that we're in the Big Ten.

That's actually how it works.

Reaction Score
Ball State University Blog - so consider the source:

OverThePylon1:29pm via WordPress.com
As the Carousel Spins, Pete Lembo May Be Playing Us All wp.me/pin1X-1v2

This dude is off his rocker
  • While certainly a bigger opportunity than Brady Hoke left BSU for in San Diego State, an argument could be made that the gap in national prominence isn’t all that different from BSU to Connecticut. With the MAC’s television deal and the advent of ESPN3, etc. it’s not like Connecticut is more visible. I would even make the case that BSU gets more exposure with weekday mid-week MAC games than UConn’s Saturday contests lost in the noise. With the BCS going away next year, and Connecticut competing in a gutted American Athletic Conference, it just doesn’t strike me as the level of prestige that CPL deserves.

Reaction Score
Bobby is the biggest shill for the Texas athletic department, so this news is probably true. We'll know within two days whether or not Mack is the coach next year. I would think that they will force him out somehow because no coach at Texas has EVER had 4 consecutive 4-loss seasons before now.

If he isn't retained by Texas, this will impact UConn because other schools are going to be higher in priority as schools look to fill newly opened positions depending on who Texas takes to replace Mack.
This is very true. We need to be worried about the domino effect. Here is a dooms day hypothetical.

Saban to Texas
Dantonio to Alabama
Narduzzi to Michigan State

Reaction Score
The best way to avoid Ball State smack is not to go anywhere near it.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You would think this stuff never happened before. We will hire a coach, depending on what WM and the University need from he he may or may not coach in his former teams bowl game.

I'll guess that it depends on the timong of and scheduling demands for that bowl game. I.e., the Rose Bowl is rather late in the season and during the dark period, but these next couple weeks may not be, so the schedule plays. Personally, I'd want him here with his full attention. It's not the BCS Championship.

As for current assistants, I would give my opinion and let him decide for himself. Even an excellent coach may not be a good fit in the new regime.

The take away is there are no hard and fast rules in this, but what I wrote is the most common outcome.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I don't think the Mack Brown departure, if it happens, impacts us much. Art Briles, Muschamp etc. But nobody with northern tier coaching connections IMHO
It gets the carousel going as those positions will also need to be filled...

Reaction Score
This is very true. We need to be worried about the domino effect. Here is a dooms day hypothetical.

Saban to Texas
Dantonio to Alabama
Narduzzi to Michigan State
Boneyard in Meltdown Mode
Weist named head coach

Now it is fixed.

Reaction Score
IIRC Warde said that the new HC would be able to pick his own staff. Which may or may not mean Weist would be out of a job.
Nope... One of the BY experts has said definitively, no HCTJW, no OCTJW...

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Nope... One of the BY experts has said definitively, no HCTJW, no OCTJW...
This only makes sense if that's what TJW wants. This is his first year as OC/IHC; I just don't think he has many options at the OC/HC level. He can probably go be an OC at smaller school or a stretch to go be a HC at FCS. If he has the opportunity to stay here as OC, I think he should take it...continuity.

Reaction Score
Question and answer from MSU beat guy:

In my view, Pat Narduzzi should only leave his current position for some place special; or at least some place that has a winning tradition where he has a decent chance to succeed. That means no "mid-major" schools, no AAC schools, no middle-of-the-pack or worse schools in big conferences like Cal, Arkansas, N.C. State, Iowa State and others of their ilk. My hope is that he will stick around and take over for Dantonio in about five years or so. I have no idea what Dantonio's timetable is. Do you get any sense of how long he wants to continue as head coach at MSU? And what do you think Narduzzi feels about that? If Narduzzi does leave, who are some coaches who might take over as defensive coordinator? If Texas backs up its Brinks truck for Narduzzi, none of us should hold that against him.
I’d say your expectations are a bit high. Texas? For a guy who has never been a head coach? Turn down a Cal or an Arkansas? Nah. I agree that Narduzzi should be selective now, but if he can find a job with a reasonable chance to succeed, he can parlay that success into a bigger job. See: Dantonio at Cincinnati, then MSU. That Cincinnati job is a much better job now than when Dantonio took it in 2004. I don’t know how long Dantonio wants to keep coaching, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s around more than five years. I suspect Narduzzi will be elsewhere by then, perhaps prepared to return and replace Dantonio. And if he does go, I expect Harlon Barnett and/or Mike Tressel to take over the MSU defense.

http://www.freep.com/article/201312...ey-joe-michigan-state-spartans-monday-mailbag

Reaction Score

In my view, Pat Narduzzi should only leave his current position for some place special; or at least some place that has a winning tradition where he has a decent chance to succeed. That means no "mid-major" schools, no AAC schools, no middle-of-the-pack or worse schools in big conferences like Cal, Arkansas, N.C. State, Iowa State and others of their ilk. My hope is that he will stick around and take over for Dantonio in about five years or so. I have no idea what Dantonio's timetable is. Do you get any sense of how long he wants to continue as head coach at MSU? And what do you think Narduzzi feels about that? If Narduzzi does leave, who are some coaches who might take over as defensive coordinator? If Texas backs up its Brinks truck for Narduzzi, none of us should hold that against him.
I’d say your expectations are a bit high. Texas? For a guy who has never been a head coach? Turn down a Cal or an Arkansas? Nah. I agree that Narduzzi should be selective now, but if he can find a job with a reasonable chance to succeed, he can parlay that success into a bigger job. See: Dantonio at Cincinnati, then MSU. That Cincinnati job is a much better job now than when Dantonio took it in 2004. I don’t know how long Dantonio wants to keep coaching, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s around more than five years. I suspect Narduzzi will be elsewhere by then, perhaps prepared to return and replace Dantonio. And if he does go, I expect Harlon Barnett and/or Mike Tressel to take over the MSU defense.

http://www.freep.com/article/201312...ey-joe-michigan-state-spartans-monday-mailbag

If this guy followed his own advice, he'd still be an assistant copywriter at the Kalamazoo times until a senior position at the NY Times opened up.

Reaction Score

He forgot. Money talks nobody walks.

Reaction Score
Hondo Carpenter‏@HondoCarpenter2h
Next head coach at UCONN will be paid $2-$2.5 million per year. More than Mark Dantonio. That is an indictment on MSU & the administration

Kyle Constable‏@KyleConstable1h
@NoEscalators @HondoCarpenter Seriously, this needs a source. I don’t even think we could scrape together that kind of money if we tried...

Hondo Carpenter‏@HondoCarpenter12m
Simple decision for MSU: Make @CoachDuzzMSU the highest paid DC in the game. END OF DISCUSSION. #PayNarduzzi

Reaction Score

Easy for this emailer to say. As Silver pointed out - let say Uconn offers 2 mil a year and he is making 500K at MSU and he is staying there 5 more years as the writer says. 5 years x a difference of 1.5 mil a year = 7.5 million bucks!

Reaction Score
If this guy followed his own advice, he'd still be an assistant copywriter at the Kalamazoo times until a senior position at the NY Times opened up.

The italicized part was a question from a fan not the writer. The writer's response was fair I thought just he doesn't address UConn directly and we don't know if he considers UConn a job with a "reasonable chance to succeed"

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Orange bloods is reporting Mack Brown is resigning within 48 mgrs.

Start Saban to UT rumor mill.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
jostar1 said:

■ In my view, Pat Narduzzi should only leave his current position for some place special; or at least some place that has a winning tradition where he has a decent chance to succeed. That means no "mid-major" schools, no AAC schools, no middle-of-the-pack or worse schools in big conferences like Cal, Arkansas, N.C. State, Iowa State and others of their ilk. My hope is that he will stick around and take over for Dantonio in about five years or so. I have no idea what Dantonio's timetable is. Do you get any sense of how long he wants to continue as head coach at MSU? And what do you think Narduzzi feels about that? If Narduzzi does leave, who are some coaches who might take over as defensive coordinator? If Texas backs up its Brinks truck for Narduzzi, none of us should hold that against him.

http://www.freep.com/article/20131210/BLOG05/3121000.49/hey-joe-michigan-state-spartans-monday-mailbag

I don't know how someone who considers themself a professional can make these statements. Yes, give up $7 million dollars in case you might be considered for the bosses job in five years. They must have E. Lansing under quarantine, because once an assistant leaves it's apparently physically impossible to return. Unless of course you believe Uconn might be a good job, or even a B1G job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom