Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Obviously Narduzzi has been the highest profile guy in terms of being interviewed. I know there is the ND DC and tOSU OC that have been mentioned.

I have a hard time believing Lembo gets it over Narduzzi unless Narduzzi says no thanks. I guess if Narduzzi is offered and says no it won't be that embarrassing being we are not P5 and Narduzzi is coming off the Broyles award.

I guess I don't know what to make of it. I just don't see someone less than a P5 coordinator getting the job if Narduzzi is off the table.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, the pot is stirring in Columbus . . .

Coaching Carousel http://theozone.net/football/2013/OrangeBowl/coachingcarrousel.html#.UqfTLlrBJFo.twitter

A couple interesting tidbits in the article (i.e. the 2 yr commit period to Meyer being over for his assist coaches), but you have to wonder if the horde in Columbus is that clueless about UConn and our HC search. Geesh. BTW, anyone heard anything interesting about Herman lately?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Coaching Carousel http://theozone.net/football/2013/OrangeBowl/coachingcarrousel.html#.UqfTLlrBJFo.twitter

A couple interesting tidbits in the article (i.e. the 2 yr commit period to Meyer being over for his assist coaches), but you have to wonder if the horde in Columbus is that clueless about UConn and our HC search. Geesh. BTW, anyone heard anything interesting about Herman lately?

One of the biggest draws to hiring a OSU coordinator is this…

The other interesting aspect to Fickell's future as a head coach would be whether or not he would take defensive line coach Mike Vrabel with him. Only in his third year as a college coach, Vrabel has already proven himself a skilled recruiter and a tremendous teacher. It would be hard to imagine Meyer letting Vrabel leave with how highly he has spoken of him over the last 24 months.

Reaction Score

Saw Fickell interest/speculation in Bowling Green (or vice versa) reports earlier today...

cttxus

Reaction Score
Y
One of the biggest draws to hiring a OSU coordinator is this…

The other interesting aspect to Fickell's future as a head coach would be whether or not he would take defensive line coach Mike Vrabel with him. Only in his third year as a college coach, Vrabel has already proven himself a skilled recruiter and a tremendous teacher. It would be hard to imagine Meyer letting Vrabel leave with how highly he has spoken of him over the last 24 months.
Good catch. Hire Herman as HC and we could get a great twofer in the process. Not sure he would do that, though, and risk burning relationships at tOSU.

cttxus

Reaction Score
1 hour 10 minute flight --- Atlanta to Little Rock. The Broyles event was a luncheon.
I'd like this report even more if PN flew to ATL after the awards luncheon in Little Rock. Personally, I much prefer afternoon business meetings vs early morning ones because if things go well in the business meeting, deals can often be consummated during a more personal and relaxed dinner meeting.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Kevin Nathan ‏@KevinNathanNBC3m
Source told me today that UConn pres. Susan Herbst would like a coach from top 25 program. I say hire the "best" coach for UConn.

Why do I get the feeling that this is something that a president says after she knows she's got someone from the top25 and not before. Is Michigan State ranked? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I'd like this report even more if PN flew to ATL after the awards luncheon in Little Rock. Personally, I much prefer afternoon business meetings vs early morning ones because if things go well in the business meeting, deals can often be consummated during a more personal and relaxed dinner meeting.

I can picture Narduzzi walking in, with plaque or trophy (whatever he gets) and says "I didn't want to leave this in the car...can I put it on the table?"

Signing him probably went up 5-10% in cost.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
If it's not Narduzzi then I want Weist on a short contract and we can try again if it doesn't work out.

Lembo seems like a pricey risk whereas Weist would at least be a cheap one.
But what price will this program pay in the meantime?? We'll have 25 people at The Rent next season. Look at this year... 0-9 or not, attendance has been hurt by what PP and GDL did or didn't do here. We need someone fresh to re-build and get fans re-engaged in this thing!

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Thats a good question. He was right all along about PP.

Maybe silence is a good thing from him.
Read that on WM's radio interview on Saturday that hes already addressed that (instead of just ignoring our largest donor like Hathaway did) and spoke with Burton about the search and his intentions. Said he also spoke with other donors for the program about it. Hopefully he siad "I'm getting NARDUZZI!" and Burton siad "Let me know what you need... here's a blank check".

Reaction Score
This hire needs to be like a vitamin b shot to this fanbase. I'm sure Warde knows what is at stake in terms of season ticket holders and overall buzz. Were coming off of whatever is the opposite of buzz or buzzkill with P. Oh boy, took a break for a little while hoping the hire was already done.....

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I really hope this Saban crap isn't the start of Lucy pulling the football away from us.

Reaction Score
I thought she had no interest in sports?

Kevin was confused. She said she wanted a B1G coach

btn_tour_bus_media_days1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member