Cincinnati post game thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Cincinnati post game thread

Reaction Score
Great effort - Jalen deff true blue tonight. But god, why did AG not touch that ball in end? Either :
A) hurley never told team to get AG ball in prior huddle(which wud be mind boggling and all on hurley)
B) AG never came to get it
C) Vital panicked and took it himself

Reaction Score
This one hurts, but I'm gonna call it a good loss.

-Jalen showed his importance and had a good game.
-CV was solid throughout, despite the boneheaded last play.
-Alterique was huge at the end, made free throws, and showed he can be The Guy next year.
-Carlton easily had his best game against a good team. Showed some good moves in the post and grabbed some important boards.
-Thought we rebounded well (for us).
-Actually played well against a tough opponent on the road.
-Responded when it seemed like Cincy was about to pull away.

Negatives are obviously the fouling, the L against Mick, and the last play. But overall can't hate the effort tonight.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Officiating has been killing the entire sport for years.

It’s probably never going to improve - the players are too athletic, the court is too small, the crowds and coaches too crazy.

The refs should tee up Hurley and Mick immediately and give themselves a fighting chance.

But if you can’t get over the fact the refs are going to blow - you should find something else to watch.

Reaction Score
Insanely frustrating:

after spending all day with my grandmother on her death bed I go home to watch the game, they call the offensive foul, in frustration I went to my knees - my glasses fell off my face and cracked right down the middle on the floor..

Two things this shows me all this aside is:

1. This team is getting much tougher
2. Cincy is showing how they’re going to get ruthlessly exposed in the first weekend again this year.

Reaction Score
If you're in a game where it's close enough for the refs to swing the game with a call, then it's not the refs that are the problem. Point being - teams have dozens of opportunities to win games/increase leads, etc. Zeroing in on the officials for a call(s) is silly.

The officiating tonight was terrible. But it's been bad all year. We also hack the crap out of teams and when you lack competent bigs, you give up more fouls. Complaining about the officiating's pointless. For one - because it's only going to get worse. Its a new normal with no one wanting to officiate anything anymore. And second - and more importantly - because we played like crap in enough extended periods for it to not really matter all that much.

It's just fruitless. Fine to be frustrated about it, but it's not why we lost.
Sorry this is one game where it was blatantly bad and it hurt us more with some of the fouls like that flagrant 1 on Gilbert or the 3 point foul shot on Vital which was a flop.

Reaction Score
If you're in a game where it's close enough for the refs to swing the game with a call, then it's not the refs that are the problem. Point being - teams have dozens of opportunities to win games/increase leads, etc. Zeroing in on the officials for a call(s) is silly.

The officiating tonight was terrible. But it's been bad all year. We also hack the crap out of teams and when you lack competent bigs, you give up more fouls. Complaining about the officiating's pointless. For one - because it's only going to get worse. Its a new normal with no one wanting to officiate anything anymore. And second - and more importantly - because we played like crap in enough extended periods for it to not really matter all that much.

It's just fruitless. Fine to be frustrated about it, but it's not why we lost.
When a wrong call can cause a 6 point swing with 6 minutes left in the game, it can cause the outcome of a game. That call was completely unacceptable.

Reaction Score
The fact that anyone on this board is blaming ANYONE on our team after that effort is a joke

Vital should have and if he was a smart player passed to your fastest and best ball handler who was right next to him. He wanted that last shot. Not blaming him for losing just saying he wanted the game winning shot.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Officiating has been killing the entire sport for years.

It’s probably never going to improve - the players are too athletic, the court is too small, the crowds and coaches too crazy.

The refs should tee up Hurley and Mick immediately and give themselves a fighting chance.

But if you can’t get over the fact the refs are going to blow - you should find something else to watch.

Doing a bad job is a totally different animal than the complaints that refs favor one team over another.

Reaction Score
Maybe if people here didn't blame the refs for every loss, they'd have more credibility when the refs actually do a bad job. The complaints are embarrassing.
What’s more embarrassing, the refereeing or the complaints? I don’t normally fault the refs but tonight it is warranted

Reaction Score
Sorry this is one game where it was blatantly bad and it hurt us more with some of the fouls like that flagrant 1 on Gilbert or the 3 point foul shot on Vital which was a flop.

Yeah they didn't help.

Also not helping, missing wide open layups and coming out as a corpse in the beginning of the 2nd half. Which like the gallons of fouls we give, is an ongoing problem.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Doing a bad job is a totally different animal than the complaints that refs favor one team over another.

That was essentially a circus.

The NCAA is selling the coaches so they let them act like clowns.

Hurley and Mick should both be tossed 5 minutes into the game acting like that.

Hurley during timeout when he stomps over to the opposite end of the court should be ejected for a month.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Insanely frustrating:

after spending all day with my grandmother on her death bed I go home to watch the game, they call the offensive foul, in frustration I went to my knees - my glasses fell off my face and cracked right down the middle on the floor..

Two things this shows me all this aside is:

1. This team is getting much tougher
2. Cincy is showing how they’re going to get ruthlessly exposed in the first weekend again this year.
Condolences to you and your family.

Reaction Score
But on the bright side, amazing effort tonight. We’ll win some games in conference. NIT should definitely be the goal

Reaction Score
The Jalen haters got a good look at the future. Vitale always wants to be alpha even if it needs to be Alterique.

Well maybe Jalen could have shut the haters up by staying on the court and not being a spectator for the final 8 minutes.

Reaction Score
It’s part of the culture change Hurley is going for. Intensity, effort and aggressiveness are going to lead to fouls. Out of control close outs, going for every rebound when out of position,etc are going to lead to fouls piling up. 20+ FT difference is tough to swallow and there were plenty of bad calls to point at but I’m going to look at big picture. Tough loss. Learn from it and build.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Hurley during timeout when he stomps over to the opposite end of the court should be ejected for a month.

I assumed there was a rule that coaches cannot interact with the refs.

Reaction Score
I guess the best answer to my question wud be that AG never came to get it because if hurley didn’t command team to get ball to AG- I question hurleys brains- I kno it’s not that - and the other choice wud be vital really wanted to Gabe last shot over AG which makes me sick - so imma go with least painful answer and tell myself AG just never came to ball. I answered my own question. Lol

Reaction Score

Yeah i'm fine with fire and coaches getting on refs when it's warranted but i'm not all about promoting it and marketing it to the peasants.

I know a summer college baseball league who actively pushed GM's and team presidents to hire managers who got ejected a lot because 'fans love it.'

Sprinkle in youth sports in general and people wonder why no one wants to do the job anymore and why officiating is getting worse. It's the refs fault, of course.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom