Cincinnati post game thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Cincinnati post game thread

Reaction Score
Officiating has been killing the entire sport for years.

It’s probably never going to improve - the players are too athletic, the court is too small, the crowds and coaches too crazy.

The refs should tee up Hurley and Mick immediately and give themselves a fighting chance.

But if you can’t get over the fact the refs are going to blow - you should find something else to watch.
Basketball is by far my favorite sport but the refs are making it almost unwatchable and the inconsistencies with the flagrants is maddening.

If you're gonna let them play, don't then call ticky tacks, be consistent. Most games are called way too tight, it's like a field hockey game with all the whistles.

My biggest pet peeve is all the touch fouls they call when people are jockeying for position and then they keep missing jump shooters getting hit on the arm, if there is ever any contact (even the slightest) on a jump shooters arm it needs to be called. In the final minute of the game between Seton Hall and Marquette, two Seton Hall players were blatantly fouled shooting threes with no whistle.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Basketball is by far my favorite sport but the refs are making it almost unwatchable and the inconsistencies with the flagrants is maddening.

If you're gonna let them play, don't then call ticky tacks, be consistent. Most games are called way too tight, it's like a field hockey game with all the whistles.

My biggest pet peeve is all the touch fouls they call when people are jockeying for position and then they keep missing jump shooters getting hit on the arm, if there is ever any contact (even the slightest) on a jump shooters arm it needs to be called. In the final minute of the game between Seton Hall and Marquette, two Seton Hall players were blatantly fouled shooting threes with no whistle.

This and they have flipped the advantage to the defense by favoring charges.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I never reffed above high school.

But I can tell you from being a LJ on a Bloomfield football sideline you can’t ref the game and manage coaches acting that insane.

Bloomfield staff is another level

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah i'm fine with fire and coaches getting on refs when it's warranted but i'm not all about promoting it and marketing it to the peasants.

I know a summer college baseball league who actively pushed GM's and team presidents to hire managers who got ejected a lot because 'fans love it.'

Sprinkle in youth sports in general and people wonder why no one wants to do the job anymore and why officiating is getting worse. It's the refs fault, of course.

Yep I def hit a Newport Gulls game to see if Earl Weaver Jr is managing.

Reaction Score
How do you start a post game thread 11 hours before the game starts? Seems a little strange?

I didn’t start a post game thread, one of the mods must have changed the title and merged my original “I feel sorry to be a ref with Danny and Mick on the sidelines” thread.

Reaction Score
That Tarin Smith missed layup really hurt. Tarin was making all kinds of crazy layups before conference play now he can’t get any to go down.
Still can't understand that one. He is not a brutal player, but that play had a brutal result.

Reaction Score
I never reffed above high school.

But I can tell you from being a LJ on a Bloomfield football sideline you can’t ref the game and manage coaches acting that insane.
Cochran years?

Reaction Score
Maybe if people here didn't blame the refs for every loss, they'd have more credibility when the refs actually do a bad job. The complaints are embarrassing.
Again, the refs were terrible.... and the STATS, not me, show a glaring discrepancy in favor of Cincy. Is that incorrect?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Doing a bad job is a totally different animal than the complaints that refs favor one team over another.

Bad reffing is one thing, but relativity is the problem. They called this way too one sided and should have been able to adjust.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I didn’t start a post game thread, one of the mods must have changed the title and merged my original “I feel sorry to be a ref with Danny and Mick on the sidelines” thread.
Just tell him it’s magic.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Yeah, your got folded in by mistake. Sorry, can't undo it.

Reaction Score
I think a lot of these refs just do not like hurley. We foul way too much but not as much as we get called for...besides the smu first half we always put the opponent in the bonus early, even at home.
There is no way you can like or even tolerate Cronin so I am not buying that.

Reaction Score
Jack was at NB then. I had them a few times but never their sideline. The stories are legendary.

If I was there now I’d just say let’s eject them and play the game. The amount of abuse we absorbed was stupid.
He sounded like a psycho or just like 50% of the football coaches from Texas, Florida, and Georgia.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom