Cincinnati post game thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Cincinnati post game thread

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Really liking how hard we’re playing, we were playing noticeably harder than Cinci. I went to the Cincinnati board while the game was on and a poster was saying “Uconn is playing like it’s the NCAA tournament out here”. Not easy to do when you have multiple guys on your team who previously had motivation issues.

Reaction Score
I am so tired of the 'points of emphasis' every year. I understand having things addressed like the arm hooking this year and swinging of elbows a few years ago.
The flagrant on Vital was a joke. He had all ball with one hand and the reason it looked worse than it was is because the Cincy player tried to throw up a shot after/during the foul. He actually made himself vulnerable because he knew the foul was being committed and was trying to make it a shooting foul.
How are the 'points' actually passed on to the refs. Does anyone know? Are they sent video or does the NCAA hold a mandatory clinic during the summer? If they don't, they should. They could also get illegal pick calls consistent. The inconsistency is one of the things that makes the refs look so bad at the NCAA level.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
The game was lost, again, due to careless turnovers, not the refs.[/QUOTE
Started the 2nd half with three straight turnovers. Stupid ass they may be, this game was lost at the foul line.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Blaming Jalen for foul trouble? Why not, he has been blamed for every thing else.
His last foul, leaving his feet on an upfake, was bad knowing that he was playing with 4 and lots of time left. His 4th foul wasn’t much better, reaching in from behind on a drive when 2 defenders had closed it off.

Reaction Score
For those seriously considering agreeing with this, 30 or 31 days?

Seriously, though, some of the "fans" here are little beotches. At least this team is showing fight. They are competeing! That is more than what we got the last couple of years with the coach that cried instead of stomped. One acts like a victim and one acts like a fighter. I'll take the fighter.

The one thing I will say is that the refs are clearly butthurt now. Danny needs to build that relationship back up now.

Reaction Score

Seriously, though, some of the "fans" here are little beotches. At least this team is showing fight. They are competeing! That is more than what we got the last couple of years with the coach that cried instead of stomped. One acts like a victim and one acts like a fighter. I'll take the fighter.

The one thing I will say is that the refs are clearly butthurt now. Danny needs to build that relationship back up now.

This IS his relationship with the refs - it ain't changing - it's who he is. Exactly the same relationship as what he had at URI the whole time there. He dialed it back a smidge, but only when they started winning, and even then, not by much.

Reaction Score
If they play with this kind of effort, they'll have a chance in the AAC tourney.

Reaction Score
As much as I disagree with the vital flagerant call, I believe we hit 3 straight threes the following 3 possessions. Went down 8 to up 1. May have lit the fire that got us back.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Last night was a loss I can be proud of. Last year we would have folded when down 11, and lost by 20. And we did this without Jalen! If Hurley can get some top recruits in, and extract this effort and passion from them, we will be good.

Reaction Score
Dem refs better be on their game when we play Cincy at home. Let the heckling begin

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Sorry this is one game where it was blatantly bad and it hurt us more with some of the fouls like that flagrant 1 on Gilbert or the 3 point foul shot on Vital which was a flop.
The flagrant 1 was vital

Reaction Score
Can’t wait to show these suckers what’s good when they come to Hartford. We out toughed them and witnessed growth by many players.

Biggest takeaway is that Hurley will OWN Cronin for however long they battle each other in this conference. Last year we lost by 25, this year we came in and forced overtime on the road. Cincys recruiting class is horrible, so their trajectory is the opposite of ours. #GoHuskies
Their recruiting class has exactly one commit who is a four star. So horrible is a stretch, you have to remember the rankings consider size as much as quality.

Reaction Score
Overtime. There were at least three or four times where this team could have folded and they didn't. Down 12 early in the 2nd and could have easily ballooned to 20 or 25 like last year and yet they come back ....about five minutes left and the lead stretches back to 8 and could have easily doubled to close the game and they come back and down 4 with about a minute and end up tying it.. ... So proud of these boys tonight, hope they carry this momenteum. Just getting to overtime, hoping they can win of course but to they are greatly improved, if they cut back on dumb mistakes just imagine!

I totally agree. How many times do we see this team just roll over last season? They won't do that this year. They have consistently refused to give up. That is the most palpable change in the program, thus far.

Reaction Score
If CV had heaved in a winning 3-pointer at the buzzer, would we have eight pages of complaining about the refs or would we have eight pages of glorious projections for the future?

I'd like to contribute a few of the latter.

I've seen enough of AG and Carlson in the past two games to guess that we have our starting floor general and center for the next two years. Throw in Bouknight at the 2, Vital at the 3 and Akok at the 4, and you have next year's starting lineup, even without a further 4-star pickup. With Gaffney at backup point, Polley and Wilson as reserve wings and Diarra/Whaley as adequate center backups, we have an NCAA-caliber team. That is the emerging story of the past two games.

As for the present, we have a team with as good a chance as any to win the conference tournament and get the NCAA bid. Failing that, it is a team that can finally (and credibly) be projected for a winning season and an NIT berth.

That is the transformation wrought by the past two games. (All that said, I am braced for a stinker at Tulsa. It's the inevitable final kick in the groin that awaits us.) But then it's home to wins over Tulane and Wichita and the "Can-do in Orlando" that pivots the whole season.

Reaction Score
No, it's not correct, it's a non sequitur. A difference in fouls called is not proof of partisan refs, nor is no disparity in fouls called proof of a well called game.
When the disparity is that big and it was a close game and the more physical team is the one with the large FT advantage, there is a high probability that the refs are biased in some way. I don't care why. Maybe they are just pissed at Hurley. Whatever. It needs to stop. In a game this close, it determines the outcome.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For those seriously considering agreeing with this, 30 or 31 days?

It’s called hyperbole. But his pouting on the opposite logo at every tv timeout is already tired.

Unless you’d like to say you really love Mick you just don’t like him because his UC is a different UC.

Reaction Score
Just watched CV's "push off" at the end for the first time. Good thing I wasn't watching live lol what a disgrace

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom