Cincinnati post game thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Cincinnati post game thread

Reaction Score
Basketball is by far my favorite sport but the refs are making it almost unwatchable and the inconsistencies with the flagrants is maddening.

If you're gonna let them play, don't then call ticky tacks, be consistent. Most games are called way too tight, it's like a field hockey game with all the whistles.

My biggest pet peeve is all the touch fouls they call when people are jockeying for position and then they keep missing jump shooters getting hit on the arm, if there is ever any contact (even the slightest) on a jump shooters arm it needs to be called. In the final minute of the game between Seton Hall and Marquette, two Seton Hall players were blatantly fouled shooting threes with no whistle.

Whaler's whole point about the speed of the game, the small court, etc., is totally worthless when you realize that they called the flagrant after watching the slow-motion replay. They absolutely thought that was a flagrant, and it had nothing to do with the speed of play, or just making mistakes, as any human will naturally do in such a game. They saw what we saw--but after some deliberation, they decided Cincy should have an extra 5 points.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler's whole point about the speed of the game, the small court, etc., is totally worthless when you realize that they called the flagrant after watching the slow-motion replay. They absolutely thought that was a flagrant, and it had nothing to do with the speed of play, or just making mistakes, as any human will naturally do in such a game. They saw what we saw--but after some deliberation, they decided Cincy should have an extra 5 points.

Yes because they made an iffy call on a replay review there are no excuses.

Come on. Cry for us. Cry about the refs. Tell us how it’s fixed. (for mick cronin).

Come on. You know you wanna.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Free throw disparity is there because we don't have a consistent interior game.

And we don't get fouled as much when we drive, and we get called for a flagrant I like they called on Vital (which turned into a 4 free throw possession) and then we're called for an illegal pick when our player who still has possession of the ball is totally drilled by a defender running at full speed

Even the game ending call on Vital was a flop

38-16, furgetaboutit

and while we're in serious foul trouble throughout and we lose our leading scorer, Cinci gets to foul us intentionally in the last minute because they have fouls to give (and the Leprechaun was still crying)

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He sounded like a psycho or just like 50% of the football coaches from Texas, Florida, and Georgia.

Georgia can’t get enough people
to ref their hs football games. They can flat out barely staff them.

When I started I had to hear about how it was 10 years to do a varsity game blah blah blah.

I had a varsity game my second year and a full schedule by my fourth.

$80 for about 5 hours of getting abused isn’t a great ROI.

Reaction Score
It was a horrendous call and as you point out it's even worse because that's what they come up with after watching it on the monitor.

There is no rhyme or reason to these calls.Vital made a play on the ball, actually getting all ball before getting him with the body.

Reaction Score
Yes because they made an iffy call on a replay review there are no excuses.

Come on. Cry for us. Cry about the refs. Tell us how it’s fixed. (for mick cronin).

Come on. You know you wanna.

You are the thinnest skinned ref ever. Sure hope you're not reffing anymore.

On a night when the board is unanimous about the ref suckage, you still defend them, and talk about the speed of the game, etc.

They saw it on replay! For heaven's sake.

And yeah, I didn't say there was a fix or gambling or anything like that.

Reaction Score
yes they are

Seemed like the only real difference in regulation was going down like 9-2 in foul calls with about half very questionable. That was huge in a close game. We played them tough and I liked Carlton's fire tonight after being critical of his development. It was a step up for him. Shooting has started to recover, but the overall effort against a team that can be painful to play was good. We had our chances but it was a tough situation overall against a good team at home, and some crappy calls and non-calls.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You are the thinnest skinned ref ever. Sure hope you're not reffing anymore.

On a night when the board is unanimous about the ref suckage, you still defend them, and talk about the speed of the game, etc.

They saw it on replay! For heaven's sake.

And yeah, I didn't say there was a fix or gambling or anything like that.

LOL - there are people claiming that Vital didn’t push off on the last play. I’m pretty sure they might be a bit biased.

The flagrant call wasn’t good but it also wasn’t THAT bad and there was plenty of basketball after.

Give us a few thousand words on how the league office gets the refs to screw the teams you like. It’s been a while.

Reaction Score
LOL - there are people claiming that Vital didn’t push off on the last play. I’m pretty sure they might be a bit biased.

The flagrant call wasn’t good but it also wasn’t THAT bad and there was plenty of basketball after.

Give us a few thousand words on how the league office gets the refs to screw the teams you like. It’s been a while.

Show me where I said the league office is behind this.

The flagrant call was horrendous--you're defending it. Unreal. You must have been an even worse ref than these guys. Please tell me you're not reffing anymore. Feel bad for the kids.

Reaction Score
Funny being at the game tonight you would think UC fans thought UConn was only in the game because of the refs. The guy behind me yelled foul just about every offensive possession UC had.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Show me where I said the league office is behind this.

The flagrant call was horrendous--you're defending it. Unreal. You must have been an even worse ref than these guys. Please tell me you're not reffing anymore. Feel bad for the kids.

Will you stop baby. It was a bad call, there was plenty of game left. There is nobody worse than the loser who blames the refs everytime - I knew you were up for it. Call it a pattern.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Officiating has been killing the entire sport for years.

It’s probably never going to improve - the players are too athletic, the court is too small, the crowds and coaches too crazy.

The refs should tee up Hurley and Mick immediately and give themselves a fighting chance.

But if you can’t get over the fact the refs are going to blow - you should find something else to watch.

@upstater am I defending the refs? “officiating has been killing the sport for years”.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Someone should work with Tyler and Josh on playing on the balls of their feet, they play way too flat footed really hurts lateral movement.

Reaction Score
Tarin Smith had been pretty good early this year, but he really struggled tonight.

That missed layup was brutal.

Also too many careless turnovers.

Could be why he was 6th man of the year in the A-10 and not on one of the all-star teams.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Alterique Gilbert should study 2010-2011 Kemba Walker film, he should major in it. He has that in him he can beat his man off the dribble on every possession(and draw fouls). Tell me that game tying shot at end of reg and the and-1 in OT didn’t give you Kemba flashbacks.

Reaction Score
Yeah. He reminds me of kemba as a frosh. Kemba a little more explosive but alterique a little more finessy

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
good game. we got the beat, mos deffers, we got the beat. thank you, coach hurley.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Can’t wait to show these suckers what’s good when they come to Hartford. We out toughed them and witnessed growth by many players.

Biggest takeaway is that Hurley will OWN Cronin for however long they battle each other in this conference. Last year we lost by 25, this year we came in and forced overtime on the road. Cincys recruiting class is horrible, so their trajectory is the opposite of ours. #GoHuskies

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom