Cincinnati post game thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cincinnati post game thread

Reaction Score
All I could think watching that game was shameful. I really hate to rag on the refs but that was beyond pathetic. I have not seen a game called that one-sided in a long, long time.

Reaction Score
Do the refs just hate Hurley? I know he must be annoying but still..

We win that game by double digits with even somewhat normal officiating. Yes, we foul a lot but we don’t foul nearly as much as we get called for.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
For the first time in a long while, I was really proud of JA. Not just because he played well, but his intensity was there, his hustle was there, his Alpha Dog mentality was there, and he was 100% engaged even after he fouled out. He was a true blue Husky tonight.

Reaction Score
Overtime. There were at least three or four times where this team could have folded and they didn't. Down 12 early in the 2nd and could have easily ballooned to 20 or 25 like last year and yet they come back ....about five minutes left and the lead stretches back to 8 and could have easily doubled to close the game and they come back and down 4 with about a minute and end up tying it.. ... So proud of these boys tonight, hope they carry this momenteum. Just getting to overtime, hoping they can win of course but to they are greatly improved, if they cut back on dumb mistakes just imagine!
There were also times when this team could have won like Polley's second foul shot. He missed and Carlton fouled.

Reaction Score
The refs were bad, but whining bout them is pointless. There's a major ref shortage (wonder why) and with fewer refs, you're going to get fewer and fewer good refs as time goes on. Just gonna have to deal with it.

They're also not the reason we lost.

Reaction Score
Team now understands (or should) what's needed on the road. Composure and ref reading. We were so close and really had the victory. Hope they stay confident and hungry. We showed a lot.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We committed a lot of dumb fouls. Cincy didn't settle for a ton of three's like we did.

But the biggest takeaway was that Lil Al is the real deal and this game was eerily similar to Shabazz Napier's 2012 Big East Tournament. Put the team on his back, but it wasn't enough.

Reaction Score
They say bad calls usually make up for themselves later on in the season. Man, we better have a lot coming our way.

Regardless, we still had our chances and I think there was a span of about 3-4 shots in a row that rimmed out in overtime.

Reaction Score
The refs were bad, but whining bout them is pointless. There's a major ref shortage (wonder why) and with fewer refs, you're going to get fewer and fewer good refs as time goes on. Just gonna have to deal with it.

They're also not the reason we lost.

Refs can only lose you the game if you give them the opportunity to

Reaction Score
Cincy is a physical team and has the best home record in the NCAA over the last two seasons. We were down multiple times in the game and did not quit, even with our best player fouling out. Multiple players stepped up and made big plays - CV and JA with some huge threes, JA's charge, Sid's block and the overall effort by Carlton, and of course AG's drive at the end in regulation.

This team fought to the very end when they could have folded. The team is obviously maturing. I believe it's a great sign for the future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom