Cinci will show us how good we are | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cinci will show us how good we are

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The bottom line we don't know anything until the game is played. UConn could shoot the lights out and Cincy could stink the place up. Talent wise they have the advantage but again that is why they play the games

Reaction Score
We are the 110th ranked Kenpom team, sandwiched between Yale and LaSalle. We are ranked 203 in offensive efficiency. We are not a good basketball team, we showed that at SMU, the recent beatings of bad teams (ranked 200, 288, and 262) does not suddenly change this nor will the outcome on Saturday.

Reaction Score
I haven't gone back to verify this, but Cincy is averaging 87 points a game at home this year. Scary. I was looking at their box score from today's game and the frosh Jarron Cumberland who comes off the bench to play the 2 guard dropped 26 in only 20 minutes of playing time. That kid is a matchup nightmare. I have a feeling they are going to be scary good next year with Cane Broome at the point. They have almost everyone back.

Reaction Score
I want you as my bookie...no chance we see a line that high.

As in you think it will be less than 15-18? We were -11 to both SMU and Cuse with 8 guys. We may only have 6 vs. Cinci.

We're 110 in Kenpom, Cinci is 16. The game is @Cinci, I think it'll be right around 15

As an example, #14 St. Mary's played #99 San Francisco and were 13.5 favorites at home.

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Cincy wrecks teams on the offensive boards. We're meat.

Thats my biggest fear. We will work so hard defensively for 30 seconds to get a stop and then get killed on the glass. That is demoralizing with 6 players. With some depth you can combat that by sending more players in and out to be more aggressive and eat some fouls to compete. We cant do that.

Reaction Score
As in you think it will be less than 15-18? We were -11 to both SMU and Cuse with 8 guys. We may only have 6 vs. Cinci.

We're 110 in Kenpom, Cinci is 16. The game is @Cinci, I think it'll be right around 15

As an example, #14 St. Mary's played #99 San Francisco and were 13.5 favorites at home.
Yes, I'll be shocked if this line is more than +13. I'll go with +12 as my prediction. Guys like Enoch and Durham are not moving lines at all...Enoch specifically has been a net negative player for us this year.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
The bottom line we don't know anything until the game is played. UConn could shoot the lights out and Cincy could stink the place up. Talent wise they have the advantage but again that is why they play the games
Of course no one knows which team is going to win before the game is played. But we do have knowledge of both teams body of work so far, and we have a wealth of statistics that imply who will win and lose. AND we're on the BY because we like to give our opinions. My opinion is we lose the game but I would take 15 pts. or above. I think KO will try to take some air out of the ball on offense to limit possessions.

Reaction Score
My recollection is we were nine point dogs against SMU? They're basically the same team as Cincinnati. I'd expect it to be +12 or so.

Reaction Score
I'm not overly optimistic, but I'll hold out hope until the end of the game. At times last season, Cincinnati seemed like they didn't have an answer for Adams. I'm sure their entire defensive game plan will be keyed on stopping him this time around though.

Reaction Score
Any team can lose on any given night. We have the horses to pull off the upset. Cincy isn't a "dominant" team. Good? Yes. Unbeatable? Absolutely not. Go Huskies!

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Will be a tough game for AB to stay out of foul trouble more experienced interior guys like Clark and a couple others, and the depth of physical players will be tough on 6 guys, hell even 8 because the other haven't played in 2 weeks at that point even if dressed. It will show us something but I won't read too much into it at this point. It will need to be the perfect storm, a couple guys like JA going off a little while Cincy not shooting it too well and taking us a little lightly.
I was going to post similar Mau until I read yours. Amida has sat the bench in the first 5 minutes from teams that are mediocre. Hopefully that doesn't happen. Cincy gets a rebound 3 o4 four players are already racing over half court. they remind me of UConn greyhounds of old. Always on the run. I am afraid our pups are going to be exhausted early. Again hopefully I am wrong. I would not mind eating my words twice baked.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, I'll be shocked if this line is more than +13. I'll go with +12 as my prediction. Guys like Enoch and Durham are not moving lines at all...Enoch specifically has been a net negative player for us this year.

Kenpom has 14. Line will be right about that.

Reaction Score
I am looking for Vance and Vital to get experience in another hostile environment. I am also looking for us to not give in, to run good offense no matter the score and not get caught up in jacking 3's and getting dunked on when they don't go in. This is a game to develop some mental toughness for future battles this year.

Reaction Score

We were +8 against Cuse.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
UConn and Cincinnati since the 2010-2011 season:
  • 11 of the 12 match-ups have been decided by 7 points or less.
  • The combined score of those games: 761-770 (in favor of Cinci)
  • The average score of those games: 63.4 - 64.1 (in favor of Cinci)
  • Those 12 games combined for 5 overtime periods
  • Of the 12 match-ups, 4 were decided by a 1 possession score

I don't see a blowout.

If Facey and Brimah stay out of foul trouble and Adams has a great game, we have a chance. How likely that is... uhhhhh, we'll see.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You do not need to guess or think about lines. Literally you can log into kenpom and the line is a point on either side of their projection 90+% of the time.

If you want to bet the farm on UConn +14 or so because games played in 2012 were close knock yourself out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom