Cinci will show us how good we are | The Boneyard

Cinci will show us how good we are

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
They are a very good team that seems to play with a lot of jump shots but can go inside as well. They are very good defensively as usual but playing them at their place we need to come out of the gate hot and mentally focused. This game will show us how good we are. Getting blown out by SMU and then going on a three game winning streak with 6 players has been great but the team has a week off to plan, get mentally prepared, and to heal. This game is get us trending in the right direction for the rest of the season heading into the conference tourney

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't know what we're really going to learn playing in their building. They're legit and even if we have Enoch and Durham, I'd expect a double digit loss. But, I do think avoiding a losing season is still very possible, with 15-15 easily achieveable and possibly 16-14, so I do hope they wash off that trip and come right back.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I would hope we'd play better than the SMU game but I wouldn't be quick to judge improvement or lack there of based on this game at Cinci, especially with the limited bench. 5/3 Arena is right up there with Moody and the Yum center in places we have just been beyond bad at.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I watched them play Xavier. They are VERY good. All around ball club. Seemed to me each player has a high BBIQ. Hey I bleed blue but this game could get ugly. Nothing against our boys. They are just that good. If we beat them it will be the upset heard around the world.

Reaction Score
I watched them play Xavier. They are VERY good. All around ball club. Seemed to me each player has a high BBIQ. Hey I bleed blue but this game could get ugly. Nothing against our boys. They are just that good. If we beat them it will be the upset heard around the world.
Jalen Adams needs to have one of those "special" career defining games. He's capable..

Reaction Score
Cincy is very tough in their building. It might be a measuring stick, but if we are playing against them with 6 guys we are going to get killed.

I like that we are playing better at home. That what is our season comes down to.

Reaction Score
My guess is we'll be 15-18 point dogs when the spread is released, perhaps more.

Reaction Score
Are Enoch and Durham going to be back by then? UConn has done a good job staying out of foul trouble with the 6 man rotation but that is going to end sooner or later.

Reaction Score
They will be lucky to keep it under 15, they are playing a RPI top 20 team on the road

How can you glean anything from a 10 point win against a terrible Tulane team, a team that has 4 wins and lost to Texas State and McNeese State

Reltime RPI is forecasting an 85-60 Cincy win

RealTimeRPI.com GAMER - Game Scouting Report and Predictions: Men's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Ratings - A leading sports ratings and resources community on the Internet

Are Enoch and Durham going to be back by then? UConn has done a good job staying out of foul trouble with the 6 man rotation but that is going to end sooner or later.

Reaction Score
They will be lucky to keep it under 15, they are playing a RPI top 20 team on the road

How can you glean anything from a 10 point win against a terrible Tulane team, a team that has 4 wins and lost to Texas State and McNeese State

Reltime RPI is forecasting an 85-60 Cincy win

RealTimeRPI.com GAMER - Game Scouting Report and Predictions: Men's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Ratings - A leading sports ratings and resources community on the Internet
I have a suggestion since the Realize RPI is forecasting a blowout loss. Lets just not show up , and forfeit game. This helps us in that we don't spend money on travel, hotels and food. Also it will give our injured players more time to heal injuries. In fact I am going to check other Realize RPI forecasts for our other games. If any other forecasts project a blowout, I will email KO and AD David Benedict and let them know. I am sure they will just forfeit those games also. Seems like the only smart thing to do

Reaction Score
If they keep it a game with 5 mins to go that is a great effort, that will be tough with limited front court depth

I have a suggestion since the Realize RPI is forecasting a blowout loss. Lets just not show up , and forfeit game. This helps us in that we don't spend money on travel, hotels and food. Also it will give our injured players more time to heal injuries. In fact I am going to check other Realize RPI forecasts for our other games. If any other forecasts project a blowout, I will email KO and AD David Benedict and let them know. I am sure they will just forfeit those games also. Seems like the only smart thing to do

Reaction Score
A good defensive teams Cincy never known for offense but Jalen can't do a 3--14. Rodney has to be on from second 1. We have to have 1 more player back and we roll the dice what the hell. We are not supposed to win this as the team stands now but we are a game bunch.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
I know how good we are. Or aren't. Well past the wondering stage. But as long as they keep swinging I'll keep cheering. There is a dignity here. I have a respect for the dog with no quit. I think that's all I ever have looked for in a UConn team. Goes back years ago when there looked to be no chance, or a slim one, and we still reached out and tried to punch Syracuse's of the world in the face. I'll take that for now.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It's not that we're not capable of winning a game like this with our 6, it is just that we have the thinnest margin for error ever. It's not just Jalen having a great game or Purvis, or brimah. Every single piece would pretty much have to be flawless.

I feel like we are going to come out ready for this one but the lack of depth is going to be killer as the game wears on most likely through foul trouble but also because cinci can bruise you 1-5.

Reaction Score
The problem we face is it's virtually impossible to be aggressive defensively when you can't risk foul trouble. Ollie will have to be masterful and the kids will need to execute better than any game this season to have a chance at winning on their home court. It's not impossible but I'd rather have them save it for tournament.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
To the OP, we know that we are not that good, but perhaps they can claw and fight and stumble their way to stay close and then who knows? I am looking for progress and have seen signs of that, pretty impressive signs of that. Who would have seen Christian Vital or Vance Jackson playing the roles they have played? They have something about them. I don't know if our guys can really compete against a veteran team like Cincy right now, but I hope that they can go out and play smart (for them) and aggressively. If they cross some threshold and become able to stop the stupid (yes, just the stupid) turnovers, they would become much more competitive. Jalen has to grow against better competition to be the next great one. His poor shooting and lack of big plays did hurt in the first half of the Tulane game.

Reaction Score
Will be a tough game for AB to stay out of foul trouble more experienced interior guys like Clark and a couple others, and the depth of physical players will be tough on 6 guys, hell even 8 because the other haven't played in 2 weeks at that point even if dressed. It will show us something but I won't read too much into it at this point. It will need to be the perfect storm, a couple guys like JA going off a little while Cincy not shooting it too well and taking us a little lightly.

Reaction Score
It's not that we're not capable of winning a game like this with our 6, it is just that we have the thinnest margin for error ever. It's not just Jalen having a great game or Purvis, or brimah. Every single piece would pretty much have to be flawless.

I feel like we are going to come out ready for this one but the lack of depth is going to be killer as the game wears on most likely through foul trouble but also because cinci can bruise you 1-5.
I don't see this as a winnable game with just 6 players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom