Cinci will show us how good we are | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cinci will show us how good we are

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
My hope is that Brimah does not find a way to take himself out of this game and leave Facey to fight the entire Cincy front court.

My expectation is that he will.

I think we will get murdered and Foxen and Noyes will have to play because everyone else has fouled out.

Reaction Score
My hope is that Brimah does not find a way to take himself out of this game and leave Facey to fight the entire Cincy front court.

My expectation is that he will.

I think we will get murdered and Foxen and Noyes will have to play because everyone else has fouled out.

Actually afraid of both of them in foul trouble leaving us a hot mess and blow out city. But particularly Mr Brimah against this team. If he could stay away from the stupid movie picks and the pushes from behind on the offensive rebounds he'd be fine. Always 2 or 3 of those kill him.

Reaction Score
Actually afraid of both of them in foul trouble leaving us a hot mess and blow out city. But particularly Mr Brimah against this team. If he could stay away from the stupid movie picks and the pushes from behind on the offensive rebounds he'd be fine. Always 2 or 3 of those kill him.
If I could say anything to AB it would be this - you cannot, under any circumstances, get called for an offensive foul. I would rather he not bother to cross midcourt then get called for a moving screen, hand fighting for position, or going over the back for an offensive rebound. He is too crucial for our defense, where he is going to pickup at least 3 or 4 fouls when playing this many minutes against a physical team, to pick up any on the offensive end. Just be available for the occasional lob dunk and otherwise get out of the way Mr. Brimah, please.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
My take is that Adams will be shadowed the entire game by another defender keeping him out of the lane and minimizing his effectiveness.

Reaction Score
UConn and Cincinnati since the 2010-2011 season:
  • 11 of the 12 match-ups have been decided by 7 points or less.
  • The combined score of those games: 761-770 (in favor of Cinci)
  • The average score of those games: 63.4 - 64.1 (in favor of Cinci)
  • Those 12 games combined for 5 overtime periods
  • Of the 12 match-ups, 4 were decided by a 1 possession score
I don't see a blowout.

If Facey and Brimah stay out of foul trouble and Adams has a great game, we have a chance. How likely that is... uhhhhh, we'll see.
Since 2010-2011 how many times has UConn only had 6 players, been 9-11 against D1 teams, and been ranked 110 in the country? Because those games would be relevant.

Reaction Score
My take is that Adams will be shadowed the entire game by another defender keeping him out of the lane and minimizing his effectiveness.

Yes he will and doubled at all costs by Cincy much like Tulane who did a very good job. And as the "sweeper" announcer did printout correctly he was a dribble or 2 too far quite a few times. The hope is learning from the situation as well as the video I am sure he is reviewing with KO and the staff on that game which held I'm ineffective for the most part. He will need to be a ton better in his decision making in this game for sure.

Reaction Score
If I could say anything to AB it would be this - you cannot, under any circumstances, get called for an offensive foul. I would rather he not bother to cross midcourt then get called for a moving screen, hand fighting for position, or going over the back for an offensive rebound. He is too crucial for our defense, where he is going to pickup at least 3 or 4 fouls when playing this many minutes against a physical team, to pick up any on the offensive end. Just be available for the occasional lob dunk and otherwise get out of the way Mr. Brimah, please.

Ya know what bothers me is he moves all the time on the picks and somehow still does it, looking stunned every time. And the offensive rebounding, why even compete for one if you're boxed you aren't strong enough to move them and your hands are never ready anyway so as you say, leave the play immediately if you don't have position and get back on D please.

Reaction Score
Foul trouble will be our worse enemy. I can see 2-3 players fouling out in this one. To keep players on the floor we have to control tempo and slow the game down, Unfotunately, we don't have great half court sets. This is a tough one for us. Crazier things have happened but it's rare.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
There were a couple of times last game where Amida did a good job of moving away from the driving opponent who was trying to draw a foul on him. He sort of fell away as the opponent came into him. Agree with mau about the dumb fouls he gets moving on picks and going over the back. I would love to see him just take the contact when setting a pick and not look to slip it every time. He seems to make more mistakes when he is either excited or tired, but I do think he has been making some progress. I'm not sure that either he or Facey will be as effective if the other team plays physical D against them.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
That's why our defense has to be great and grab the rebounds. Once we get the rebound Adams can run before the defense gets to set up

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I'm not optimistic at all. But I am hopeful. Honestly (what else would I be here), almost everything has to go very right for UConn to emerge victorious. Sure, it's possible, but it's highly unlikely.

Still, there is that scintilla of hope...I'll watch.

Reaction Score
That's why our defense has to be great and grab the rebounds. Once we get the rebound Adams can run before the defense gets to set up

Everyone needs to crash the boards, everyone, running would be secondary to grabbing the pace of the game anyway. They average 80 plus at home we've scored 80 what, once, twice? Has to be in the 50's to win, maybe sneak into the 60's.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Game is nearly a sellout so far and likely will sell out before Saturday. Crowd should be juiced as we are going to honor the 1991-92 Final Four team and wearing these (awesome) throwbacks:

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
We are the 110th ranked Kenpom team, sandwiched between Yale and LaSalle. We are ranked 203 in offensive efficiency. We are not a good basketball team, we showed that at SMU, the recent beatings of bad teams (ranked 200, 288, and 262) does not suddenly change this nor will the outcome on Saturday.
Why do you hate Ollie so much?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Game is nearly a sellout so far and likely will sell out before Saturday. Crowd should be juiced as we are going to honor the 1991-92 Final Four team and wearing these (awesome) throwbacks:

Throwbacks are bad mojo. Thanks for that. We need any edge we can get this year.

Cant wait until post game saturday seeing Cinci fans posting " we better never wear those throwbacks again"

Reaction Score
Purvis is the wild card.
If he comes to play, and is hot from 3, then UConn will be in it til the end.

Reaction Score
This is the first game in the series where cincy really blows it open. Games are usually super close if not always, but eventually every series has a blow out, here it is. Players still looked gassed on occasion, even this late in the season, and they will be run ragged on Saturday. I think this is not going to look nice at all. Sorry to say but even if Uconn attempts to slow it down which they very likely will, I think this gets out of hand quickly and they go down hard, smu style, 76-49.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
They will be lucky to keep it under 15, they are playing a RPI top 20 team on the road

How can you glean anything from a 10 point win against a terrible Tulane team, a team that has 4 wins and lost to Texas State and McNeese State

Reltime RPI is forecasting an 85-60 Cincy win
/QUOTE]

You sound so happy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall