CG Bones Hyland In Home Visit 5/1 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

CG Bones Hyland In Home Visit 5/1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've heard some Hampton to Kansas talk. Obviously Memphis involved too.

Reaction Score
Would love Richmond for '20.

Funny something about Hyland bothers me. I know he's got game the rankings prove it. But the way he plays, the mustard he tries to cut consistently doesn't fit for sone reason for me. But hey, I'm not that picky nor do I know anything. Bring him aboard. But get a big too LOL

Reaction Score
To make these threads less insufferable, I think we should only target guards that are wanting to commit as a package deal with a big.

Reaction Score
I want Bones. We haven't had a player with his style and desire to embarrass opponents since Shabazz. Even some of our more solid players in recent years have not been exciting. This kid is exciting, fun, skilled and has a high ceiling.

Reaction Score
I want Bones. We haven't had a player with his style and desire to embarrass opponents since Shabazz. Even some of our more solid players in recent years have not been exciting. This kid is exciting, fun, skilled and has a high ceiling.

He would easily become a fan favorite IMO.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Bones on a list of Kansas targets. Others on that list include Hampton, Precious, Ellis, Juzang, and Enaruna. Good company.

Top247 update: Tracking changes for KU basketball targets
Because he’s been so dominant on the UA circuit he’s getting a lot of high major looks right now. We need to get him on campus and secure the commitment. Would be nice at point post AG, who I think is leaving after this year.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Because he’s been so dominant on the UA circuit he’s getting a lot of high major looks right now. We need to get him on campus and secure the commitment. Would be nice at point post AG, who I think is leaving after this year.

1) absolutely to both of your takes.

2) with how bad sf was for the team this year more 3 guard offenses may be needed. It might even be desirable at times to maximize talent and pt for guys.

Reaction Score
To make these threads less insufferable, I think we should only target guards that are wanting to commit as a package deal with a big.

Hey, the Oriakhi and Coombs-McDaniel package worked! Diamond Stone and Malik Newman...well, maybe we shouldn’t talk about it.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Hey, the Oriakhi and Coombs-McDaniel package worked! Diamond Stone and Malik Newman...well, maybe we shouldn’t talk about it.

Houston should be pretty happy with their umass package deal. Looks like both should’ve gotten more run based on their BPMs. The big guy was absolutely dominant defensively when he was on the floor.

Reaction Score
Nah'shon is really a good looking player. Wish we had more schollies, I want them all, but all the guards we are recruiting are seriously good. Very cool stuff.

Reaction Score
Bones was a composite top 100 player before he tore his meniscus last spring, he was actually the highest rated player on WeR1 at the start of the AAU season last year, ranked higher than Isaiah Wong. That injury just happened at the absolute wrong time. There would have been a lot more high major interest had he not been injured. What I like about him is that he’s a much better ball handler than our other 2 guards we’re bringing in. Also worth noting that Bouknight also had a meniscus tear, I don’t necessarily like the idea of building a team around kids who were underrecruited because of injury. Luckily we do have a phenomenal S&C coach in Sal.
This is deja vu all over again. Why are we gambling on injured cruits?? Have we not lambasted the last guy for this? And just the same, it seems too familiar that we chase the high rated guys and back up with low level 3* and guys outside the 150,yet no one wants to commit. I applaud the educational standards the Ollie era constructed, but is it possible our focus on maintaining these standards is making some targets shy away? Tired of scraping the barrel to fill a spot. Next thing you know we will sign some guy who can hit trick shots on YouTube to be our 3 point threat!!!

Reaction Score
This is deja vu all over again. Why are we gambling on injured cruits?? Have we not lambasted the last guy for this? And just the same, it seems too familiar that we chase the high rated guys and back up with low level 3* and guys outside the 150,yet no one wants to commit. I applaud the educational standards the Ollie era constructed, but is it possible our focus on maintaining these standards is making some targets shy away? Tired of scraping the barrel to fill a spot. Next thing you know we will sign some guy who can hit trick shots on YouTube to be our 3 point threat!!!

We have 3 4* recruits lined up already. This isn't recruiting circa 2017.

Reaction Score
Highly skilled, great feel and vision and confidence. Looks a bit limited athletically, and skinny as a stick.

I think he's basically a skinny right handed Marcus Williams.

Reaction Score
You realize this kid is in the top 150 right?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Seriously? Nah'shon Hyland, St. Georges Tech , Point Guard 247 Composite has him at #76 and #6PG in the class. Scraping the barrel? This is the opposite. He's a guy we don't actually need, but who is so good, with so much upside that we would take him anyway. A big guard who can handle, pass and hit from way outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom