CG Bones Hyland In Home Visit 5/1 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

CG Bones Hyland In Home Visit 5/1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Really want this kid at UConn. Is anyone else going after him hard? I’m hoping we are the leader here

Reaction Score
"gets where he wants all over the court" is a skill UConn has been sorely lacking from its guards and wings.

Not enough players who can move their defender to where the offense wants the defender moved.

If a player can't move a defender with the dribble it decreases the defense's need to switch and rotate and allows defenses to lock down offensive flow.
Bouknight and Gaffney are gonna fix this issue also. Vital Polley Wilson and B Adams cannot break down their defenders very well and that has killed us

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Fwiw--jalen suggs is a consensus top 10 pg. And also a 4* football qb recruit. Insane athlete. No shame being a spot behind him!
Tyrell Suggs cousin. Kid has already led his basketball team to 3 state championships and his football team to another. Kid is a rare breed just a natural born leader and athlete he may actually play both sports in college. I think he ultimately goes pro in basketball though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tyrell Suggs cousin. Kid has already led his basketball team to 3 state championships and his football team to another. Kid is a rare breed just a natural born leader and athlete he may actually play both sports in college. I think he ultimately goes pro in basketball though.

If he has half a brain he'll play basketball exclusively. Longer career, more money, better chance of making it if he's a QB--not a freak enough athlete to be a corner or RB

Reaction Score
I hope we land him. I’d prefer him over RJ because we need able bodies this year. We still need a big either way imo.
Between the two, I gotta go with RJ.

Yes, I know Cole can't play next season, but between Vital, AG, Gaffney, Bouknight and Adams, there's not much time for Bones next season anyways.

Thinking ahead to 2020, both Vital and likely Gilbert are gone and you bring in a guy like Cole who averaged 21.5/4.1/6.4 at Howard and BOOM you get a guy for two years who is guaranteed to play big backcourt minutes.

You don't get that guarantee from Bones.

Reaction Score
Between the two, I gotta go with RJ.

Yes, I know Cole can't play next season, but between Vital, AG, Gaffney, Bouknight and Adams, there's not much time for Bones next season anyways.

Thinking ahead to 2020, both Vital and likely Gilbert are gone and you bring in a guy like Cole who averaged 21.5/4.1/6.4 at Howard and BOOM you get a guy for two years who is guaranteed to play big backcourt minutes.

You don't get that guarantee from Bones.
If the last 3 years have taught us anything it should be that we can't have too many ball handlers. Im sure there would be minutes for him

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm on board with taking him, RJ, and Demarr and figuring out the scholarship and post situations later lol

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Nah'Shon is up to #60 in 247 updated rankings. Pretty significant.
Well deserved! He has, arguably, looked like the best player on the UA circuit this far. WeR1 was not supposed to be tied for first place right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom