CG Bones Hyland In Home Visit 5/1 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

CG Bones Hyland In Home Visit 5/1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What is taking so long, lets lock this kid in. We can 100% play him (6'3), Jalen (6'3) and James together (6'4/5)

It's almost like the kid has to decide and is currently blowing up and assessing his value on the "marketplace" as it were. (Not denoting he's looking for money, just his options. But maybe money if the FBI scandal tells us anything).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's almost like the kid has to decide and is currently blowing up and assessing his value on the "marketplace" as it were. (Not denoting he's looking for money, just his options. But maybe money if the FBI scandal tells us anything).

Yeah, look at his list on 247 and you see Delaware, URI, Temple... Now Kansas is recruiting him? I think he can have some time to re-assess his situation.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
What is taking so long, lets lock this kid in. We can 100% play him (6'3), Jalen (6'3) and James together (6'4/5)

We only have room to take him or Cole, and Cole is visiting this weekend. I doubt we would push for anything before that visit happens.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Cole is visiting May 24th over Memorial Day weekend

Oh that's right, it got moved. I think it was originally this weekend? Either way you're right.

Reaction Score
Oh that's right, it got moved. I think it was originally this weekend? Either way you're right.
Yeah it was supposed to be this weekend but he pushed it back for an NBA draft camp or something

Reaction Score
This Cole visit push back may cause is to miss out on both though...I think we need to approach the situation as a first one to commit type of thing. Bones comes with the added bonus of immediate eligibility and the ability to play for 4 years.

Reaction Score
This Cole visit push back may cause is to miss out on both though...I think we need to approach the situation as a first one to commit type of thing. Bones comes with the added bonus of immediate eligibility and the ability to play for 4 years.
Why are you assuming Hyland is ready to commit to UConn right now? He could prefer Michigan or Kansas and be waiting for an offer from one of them.

Reaction Score
Why are you assuming Hyland is ready to commit to UConn right now? He could prefer Michigan or Kansas and be waiting for an offer from one of them.

I’m not assuming he is, but Memorial Day weekend is a good ways away...if we’re not going to offer Bones until after the Cole visit, this gives other schools time to make up time.

Reaction Score
I’m not assuming he is, but Memorial Day weekend is a good ways away...if we’re not going to offer Bones until after the Cole visit, this gives other schools time to make up time.

Bones is playing aau currently as is Langford. These cases usually mean they are going to take their time in committing anywhere.

Reaction Score
We already offered Nah’shon

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This is deja vu all over again. Why are we gambling on injured cruits?? Have we not lambasted the last guy for this? And just the same, it seems too familiar that we chase the high rated guys and back up with low level 3* and guys outside the 150,yet no one wants to commit. I applaud the educational standards the Ollie era constructed, but is it possible our focus on maintaining these standards is making some targets shy away? Tired of scraping the barrel to fill a spot. Next thing you know we will sign some guy who can hit trick shots on YouTube to be our 3 point threat!!!
The way the injury happened has me slightly less concerned. It was a non-basketball injury, jumping out of a window to escape a fire of all things. Bouknight, who I absolutely love as a prospect regardless, injury is more concerning because it was a basketball injury. He has a tendency to land awkwardly on one leg after jumping.

UconnU

Reaction Score
I don’t think Kansas gets involved; the rumor on the Michigan board is that they are asking him to go prep in part due to their higher academic standards(?). Michigan really needs a 2 guard for next season, Bones is more of a point/combo, That’s why they are after Lester Q more heavily. I think his recruitment goes on well into the summer as his AAU squad is featuring him to get him more high major looks. Got to get him on campus.

Reaction Score
Kansas will get RJ Hampton and probably Rayjon Tucker. Unless they really strike out, they won’t be involved here.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Kansas gets involved; the rumor on the Michigan board is that they are asking him to go prep in part due to their higher academic standards(?). Michigan really needs a 2 guard for next season, Bones is more of a point/combo, That’s why they are after Lester Q more heavily. I think his recruitment goes on well into the summer as his AAU squad is featuring him to get him more high major looks. Got to get him on campus.
U realize Lester Q is announcing tomorrow between Memphis and Indiana? Most people think he is Memphis lock.

Reaction Score
U realize Lester Q is announcing tomorrow between Memphis and Indiana? Most people think he is Memphis lock.

84C63FE6-B71B-4C0E-BF76-95B63A73D321.jpeg

#TrustInChief

Reaction Score
Quinones said recently in an interview he expected Precious to announce/set an announcement date shortly after Quinones made his decision public.

edit: I also put $30 on Memphis NC +6000 and considering I'm the biggest mush of all time I was hoping it meant Precious would somehow spurn Memphis and land in our lap.

Reaction Score
You geniuses do realize this was well before Gaffney and Bouknight committed. The size of the hard on for Chief grows!
The number of Chief alts grows by the day, I love it

C

Chief00

You geniuses do realize this was well before Gaffney and Bouknight committed. The size of the hard on for Chief grows!

LOL - we changed our recruiting priorities for 2019 since May 2018. Lots of grind since.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Seems like a good kid. Coach mentions Uconn as a big time school after him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99