CG Bones Hyland In Home Visit 5/1 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

CG Bones Hyland In Home Visit 5/1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lot of helium in that 247 ranking. Not to say he isn’t good, but Gaffney was putting up better numbers last year on the UAA circuit when he was appropriately aged, and Bouknight was first team in arguably the most competitive HS field in the country. They are also both significantly better athletes.

I think when demand is this high, it leads to media/coaches reaching a bit more.

Regardless, anything can happen, and Hyland seems like a talented kid.
I only heard of him a week ago when his name popped up here and was wondering why we're recruiting him. It's just highlight video stuff but the recent stuff on him makes him look intriguing. What I like, he is a really deceptive player. He can dance with the ball and gets where he wants all over the court, shows really good vision and sneaky finishing ability. Best asset is he looks to be a good shooter who can hit from anywhere. What I don't like, he's incredibly skinny (as is our whole team,) knee injury, and he's not a great athlete but that should get better with more time removed from the injury. He's got more shake and confidence to his game than most guys we've had recently.

I would be happy with him, Cole or Langford and think it could shake out by next month.

Reaction Score
I know this is a highlight film but that is some serious distance shooting. In high school that was two handed set "trick" shot distance. Amazing how shooting distance/ability has improved since I played with the peach basket rims!

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
I love that Hurley is recruiting skilled offensive players. He appears to have a great shooting touch and from long range. The team that puts it through the metal rim more times than the other team usually wins!! We have struggled in this department for the last several years. As good as the 99 and the 04 teams were, without Rip Hamilton or Rashad Anderson I am not sure we win those championships..... just saying.

Reaction Score
I love that Hurley is recruiting skilled offensive players. He appears to have a great shooting touch and from long range. The team that puts it through the metal rim more times than the other team usually wins!! We have struggled in this department for the last several years. As good as the 99 and the 04 teams were, without Rip Hamilton or Rashad Anderson I am not sure we win those championships..... just saying.
You're not sure we win it all without Rip?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Maybe if he gets closer to 22 feet he’d be 43% lol

Haha, 37% I wish there were advanced stats on those numbers because I'd love to see what the %s are as he got closer to the line. HS stats are deceiving though because only god knows what kind of defense people were playing against him, if any...

Reaction Score
This kid looks like he has a chance to be a player. For now of the '19 guys I like Richmond but I like the fact they have multiple guards interested good spot to be. Add in the transfer along with what will already be here we are in nice shape.

Reaction Score
This kid looks like he has a chance to be a player. For now of the '19 guys I like Richmond but I like the fact they have multiple guards interested good spot to be. Add in the transfer along with what will already be here we are in nice shape.
Richmond is 2020
Richmond isn’t in any hurry to rush a decision and shut down the rumors that he could possibly reclass into 2019 and go straight to college.

“No,” he said when asked if he was considering reclassifying to 2019. “My plan is to go 2020 to prepare myself to have an impact to any school I go to as a freshman.”

His AAU coach uttered the same tune when asked about the possibility of reclassification.

"That's not the plan," Pastore said. "I do know the plan is for him to be in 2020. I do know he's telling people that he's going to be in the class of 2020."

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I only heard of him a week ago when his name popped up here and was wondering why we're recruiting him. It's just highlight video stuff but the recent stuff on him makes him look intriguing. What I like, he is a really deceptive player. He can dance with the ball and gets where he wants all over the court, shows really good vision and sneaky finishing ability. Best asset is he looks to be a good shooter who can hit from anywhere. What I don't like, he's incredibly skinny (as is our whole team,) knee injury, and he's not a great athlete but that should get better with more time removed from the injury. He's got more shake and confidence to his game than most guys we've had recently.

I would be happy with him, Cole or Langford and think it could shake out by next month.

"gets where he wants all over the court" is a skill UConn has been sorely lacking from its guards and wings.

Not enough players who can move their defender to where the offense wants the defender moved.

If a player can't move a defender with the dribble it decreases the defense's need to switch and rotate and allows defenses to lock down offensive flow.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ah....
That’s Kimani Young, not his dad...
Your UConn fan card is revoked.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

This kid thinks he's steph curry. He's skinny but must have good raw strength to be hitting those bombs... Going to need to learn to dribble below his waist. Intriguing prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom