Celtics new coach? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Celtics new coach?

Reaction Score
How you can even have a 1 game suspension for consensual sex is mind blowing to me. This world has lost its mind. Thank god Im not a C's fan.
Because it's a team policy. Udoka knew about it when he took the job. Think about it. Depending who the female is (we don't know yet), Udoka is probably her superior. There are all kinds of issues when a superior is having a sexual relationship with an employee who works for the superior.

Reaction Score
They broke up so no issue on the moral front. I think they were engaged for like 10 years so she probably got tired of waiting. :)
Not that their relationship should matter to the Celtics or anyone else, she's been outspoken about marriage not being for her. Maybe he got tired of waiting, maybe he never wants to marry either, maybe they have an open relationship, maybe they were both cheating...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
A lot of front offices have clauses in their personal conduct policies that you can't have relationships in the office if you or the other person is in a relationship.
Social politics and business do not mix well. Business risk alienating up to half their clientele.

Husky25

Reaction Score
... it was consensual sex with a subordinate....
Unless the person is a player or assistant coach, There is virtually no avenue for a direct reporting relationship.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I mean thats 1/2 of the content on pr0nhub.

The step siblings making up the other 1/2 is something I just dont get.
I was just going to say this...but using xvideos.

Reaction Score
There's gotta be either a pattern of this or lying or something worse if it's a whole season. Seems super excessive for a consensual thing.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
She unfollowed him on insta fwiw
The fact that people thinking that means something is a different sad story altogether .
I get why people look at that now, but holy hell at that actually being a thing. ( because it is)

Reaction Score
This was simply the Celtics protecting their own brand, fair or unfair that’s the bottom line protecting your own brand, handling it before it became breaking news during the season.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Well I think that's part of the issue is that if they didn't disclose it to the team (for obvious reasons, namely Nia Long exists). If you met your soulmate at work then you just disclose that to HR and all is well and good. If the reports are true, Ime didn't disclose it to the team. That's the issue and why he's in hot water now
It was commonplace not more than 20 years ago for staff to hook up after any given Friday Night happy hour. Public accounting was an extension of our college years, except that we worked 6 days/week and dozens of hours of OT in close quarters/proximity for 10+ hours/day during busy season. They heard about intraoffice relationships through the grapevine anyway, but the only reason HR really wanted to know, was for scheduling purposes and to keep the interested parties on different clients, especially if there was a difference in level.

IIRC, what was absolutely frowned upon and grounds for firing is an unreported intimate staff relationship with client personnel. It's an firm independence issue.

This should be a non-story and dealt with internally.

Husky25

Reaction Score
This was simply the Celtics protecting their own brand, fair or unfair that’s the bottom line protecting your own brand, handling it before it became breaking news during the season.
Not for nothing, but the Celtic brought this upon themselves.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
And it's stupid.

America was largely populated by bosses marrying secretaries and Doctors marrying nurses. I'm all for sensitivity in regards to harassment in the workplace but now even if you met your soulmate in the workplace it's off limits? Seems pendulum has swung too far. In every company in America. Consensual is consensual.
Mmhmm mmhmm all them secretaries in early corporate America who didn’t suffer at all from being in the wrong end of power dynamics. You make a salient point

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It's wild to me that people read a few Tweets and came to the conclusion that the Celtics suspended this dude for a year simply because he slept with a subordinate.

I'd say it's wild for people to be talking about what's excessive without knowing a single damn thing about this but I guess that's just how people are.

Reaction Score
Mmhmm mmhmm all them secretaries in early corporate America who didn’t suffer at all from being in the wrong end of power dynamics. You make a salient point
What does that have to do with two adults having a consensual relationship with each other?

Reaction Score
It's wild to me that people read a few Tweets and came to the conclusion that the Celtics suspended this dude for a year simply because he slept with a subordinate.

I'd say it's wild for people to be talking about what's excessive without knowing a single damn thing about this but I guess that's just how people are.
People are commenting on what's been reported, that it was a consensual relationship with a coworker.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
People are commenting on what's been reported, that it was a consensual relationship with a coworker.

Right, and that's a pretty stupid thing to do, given the penalty. I thought I made that clear.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
But it's ok for Jim and Pam? Michael and Jan? Michael and Holly? Dwight and Angela?
Andy made a go of it with Erin, but she was so far out of his league. Not sure it would be possible to resist Pam.

Reaction Score
What does that have to do with two adults having a consensual relationship with each other?
What does August’s original point of the pst relationships of Secretaries and Bosses that you agreed with have anything to do with this situation?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom