Celtics new coach? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Celtics new coach?

Reaction Score
However, the latest report from The Athletic’s Shams Charania shared new information about the circumstances that led to the suspension.

According to Charania, members of the Celtics organization became aware of the relationship in July, and Boston’s leadership was led to believe by both Udoka and the woman that the relationship was consensual. But the woman recently said that Udoka made unwanted comments toward her, prompting the team to launch a set of internal interviews, per Charania.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I echo Lou. Unfortunately, Barnes invites MORE (uncorroborated) speculation.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The Athletic is rumored (I don't have a subscription, so I an going on what they are saying on WEEI) to be reporting that while the relationship may have been consensual at one time (Allegedly, both parties admitted to the consensual nature of the relationship in July), Udoka may have began acting inappropriately, whether comments or actions, and had since created a hostile work environment.

This makes more sense, as opposed to hanging one's hat solely on a supervisor/subordinate relationship. Udoka is in basketball operations. His reports are the coaches and players. Tangentially, a case can be made for the training staff and other on-court personnel (i.e. "ballboys/girls"), but say the woman is in marketing? Absent the alleged HWE, HR should not be involved.

Yeah that's what they're saying. It seemed pretty clear to me that there was more to the story than just "Udoka had a consensual relationship with a subordinate." There sure were lot of hot takes on the basis of 2-sentence tweets from Woj and Shams.

Reaction Score
as if it could get any worse for the Celtics. why this dude rushed back to play on that knee in the playoffs is beyond me

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
as if it could get any worse for the Celtics. why this dude rushed back to play on that knee in the playoffs is beyond me

"...the playoffs..."

The Celtics went to The NBA Finals. They were a different team with Time Lord on the floor.

On the other hand, why not have surgery in July?

Reaction Score
"...the playoffs..."

The Celtics went to The NBA Finals. They were a different team with Time Lord on the floor.

On the other hand, why not have surgery in July?
yea, and now at 24 years of age his career might be compromised for good before he even got the chance to sign a mega deal for his real worth(4/48 is well below his value). hopefully he bounces back but if not, I hope it was worth it to him.

Reaction Score
yea, and now at 24 years of age his career might be compromised for good before he even got the chance to sign a mega deal for his real worth(4/48 is well below his value). hopefully he bounces back but if not, I hope it was worth it to him.

At this point I've no choice but to assume that there's something chronic with his knees that everyone around the league has known about for a while (probably dating back to the draft). Unfortunately, I think it's just a pitch count thing for some guys, and when it goes it goes... and if I had to guess that's probably what the doctors told him last year.

I wish I had high hopes that he was going to have a long career, but I don't.

Reaction Score
I echo Lou. Unfortunately, Barnes invites MORE (uncorroborated) speculation.

Not that he provides many details, but he alludes to it being uglier than anyone imagined, and that's sort of where I thought this was going from the start.

My hunch is that the organization is potentially much more complicit/liable in this matter than has been presented in the media, and that they've already been in serious legal negotiations with all relevant parties to hash out a blueprint to limit the damage.

Whatever the organization has said/intimated so far - that Udoka was in an inappropriate relationship with a subordinate - is maybe just believable enough to get some percentage of the public to take at face value, but there's clearly a lot more to it.

Reaction Score
At this point I've no choice but to assume that there's something chronic with his knees that everyone around the league has known about for a while (probably dating back to the draft). Unfortunately, I think it's just a pitch count thing for some guys, and when it goes it goes... and if I had to guess that's probably what the doctors told him last year.

I wish I had high hopes that he was going to have a long career, but I don't.
the doctors reportedly told him he wouldn't cause any further damage by rushing back and playing on it. Him returning so soon was a red flag to me. I don't know, maybe it couldn't have been salvaged and repaired so that is why he went for the quick fix to get him back on the court instead of an extended rehab, but we've seen big men like Jaren Jackson Jr and James Wiseman get the repair done and be sidelined for a long recovery timeline similar to an ACL. I think at this point guys are steered towards the repair instead of the snip, because then you end up with problems down the road like we've seen with Dwyane Wade and Kemba.

CFO

Reaction Score
A year does seem long pending the full story coming out. But referring to it as consensual sex is telling half a story, it was consensual sex with a subordinate. That's gonna get you in trouble at just about every company across America
Is it still a “subordinate” if she’s married to the VP of Finance / Controller? I’m assuming he cuts everybody’s checks…wonder how she got her job …?

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom