Celtics new coach? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Celtics new coach?

Reaction Score
Do you know who the other "consenting" adult was?
There's rumors on Twitter but all I've read from Woj and others who have sources is that it was a consensual relationship with a female Celtics employee.

Rumors on Twitter seem to be bosses wife (an employee) and maybe another Celtics employee.

Reaction Score
There's rumors on Twitter but all I've read from Woj and others who have sources is that it was a consensual relationship with a female Celtics employee.

Rumors on Twitter seem to be bosses wife (an employee) and maybe another Celtics employee.

I'm asking because you keep tripling and quadrupling down on this "consensual" thing. I'm sure you know this, but many, many organizations have rules prohibiting relationships between superiors and subordinates, because the power dynamic calls into question the entire nature of "consent" in the first place. That seems to be the dot that other people feel you're not connecting.

I am not expressing any opinion on this and I have no idea who the person is - it could be Brian Scalabrine for all I know- but that seems to be the issue other people are expressing.

Reaction Score
What does August’s original point of the pst relationships of Secretaries and Bosses that you agreed with have anything to do with this situation?
With the Udoka situation? I don't know and never said that what he posted had to do directly with the Udoka situation. I have no idea if he fell in love with a coworker and they are planning to marry each other. I have no idea other than what's been reported that Udoka had a consensual relationship with a female who works for the Celtics.

I liked his comment because I've known a lot of people over the years who have married their coworkers and office relationships seem to be frowned upon and even grounds for termination now especially if it's a man who has a more prominent/higher salaried position than the woman he is in a consensual relationship with.

Reaction Score
I'm asking because you keep tripling and quadrupling down on this "consensual" thing. I'm sure you know this, but many, many organizations have rules prohibiting relationships between superiors and subordinates, because the power dynamic calls into question the entire nature of "consent" in the first place. That seems to be the dot that other people feel you're not connecting.

I am not expressing any opinion on this and I have no idea who the person is - it could be Brian Scalabrine for all I know- but that seems to be the issue other people are expressing.
I think that's wrong and why I commented that we're now a nation of Tobys.

Every single report I've seen on this says it was a consensual relationship between Udoka and a female Celtics employee. That's why I keep saying it.

Reaction Score

Every single report I've seen on this says it was a consensual relationship between Udoka and a female Celtics employee. That's why I keep saying it.
But the point that you're missing is that the whole area of consent you keep referencing is not as black and white as you claim. If you've paid any attention to the news the last 5 years you should be familiar with how the power dynamic at work affects consent in some situations

Reaction Score

I don't know who Toby is so I don't get the reference.

Now you're just quintupling down on it so I can see it was a waste of time to respond in the first place.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Regardless of opinion of whether or not the rules should be in place, not understanding the logic of why those rules exist is befuddling. I would assume the vast vast majority of office relationships are not registering on the list of reasons why these rules exist, but also ppl coerce others into sex all the time based on using their position of power—which is obviously why these rules exist.

Now whether that has any relevance here, no one on this board knows.

Based on what is known, imho a year suspension is outrageous.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If the woman is who most people think it is, I feel like her role is not really a subordinate, direct or indirect report to the head coach. This is really crazy.

Reaction Score
But the point that you're missing is that the whole area of consent you keep referencing is not as black and white as you claim. If you've paid any attention to the news the last 5 years you should be familiar with how the power dynamic at work affects consent in some situations
I don't need the news, there's this little thing called lived experience. I know what consent is and don't need some HR weirdo to give their definition of what consent is.

Again, we don't know yet what the Udoka situation is and can only go off the limited details that Woj and others have reported. Woj and every other report I've seen says it was a consensual relationship between Udoka and a female coworker. I think employees should be allowed to have relationships with each other whether they are a man who is higher salaried with a lower salaried woman, higher salaried woman with a lower salaried man and everything in between.

If Udoka was forcing himself on the coworker or threatening her employment obviously he needs to be terminated and that obviously wouldn't be consensual.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If the woman is who most people think it is, I feel like her role is not really a subordinate, direct or indirect report to the head coach. This is really crazy.
I don’t know who you mean but there was confirmation that it is not the VP Allison Feaster. She was the main person speculated early on. So we really do not know.

Reaction Score
I don't know who Toby is so I don't get the reference.

Now you're just quintupling down on it so I can see it was a waste of time to respond in the first place.
Quintupling down on what?

hero-image.fill.size_1200x1200.v1614275836.png

Reaction Score
Quintupling down on what?

View attachment 79250
Quintupling down on your complete lack of understanding of consent. And now we're well past that with your additional replies.

I hesitate to even continue to engage with someone who's just so clearly out of touch, but I can't help myself. Nobody is saying whether the Udoka situation is definitively one where there was no consent, forced consent, or actual consent. Just that taking 2 people being in a consensual relationship where power dynamics are at play at face value isn't always accurate. And head coach of an NBA team is certainly one with the potential for a power dynamic

It's one thing to say it shouldn't apply to Udoka, which again is tough to say when nobody knows the facts. But you're just so caught up in your old man, things were better back in my day spiel that you're just completely out of touch with reality here

Reaction Score

Brian Scalabrine is female? I'll let his wife know. :)

Yeah I don't know why some on here keep fixating on the consensual part of this. It has nothing to do with any of this. The Celtics have a workplace policy. Udoka reportedly violated that policy. Therefore he will be given some penalty based on the Celtics' policy and guidelines. Just like if any other Celtics employee did the same. What's the point of having rules if there are no repercussions for breaking them?

You could argue whether that workplace policy is appropriate, but that's an entirely different issue.

Reaction Score
Who is the woman who most people think it is?

Reaction Score
Quintupling down on your complete lack of understanding of consent. And now we're well past that with your additional replies.

I hesitate to even continue to engage with someone who's just so clearly out of touch, but I can't help myself. Nobody is saying whether the Udoka situation is definitively one where there was no consent, forced consent, or actual consent. Just that taking 2 people being in a consensual relationship where power dynamics are at play at face value isn't always accurate. And head coach of an NBA team is certainly one with the potential for a power dynamic

It's one thing to say it shouldn't apply to Udoka, which again is tough to say when nobody knows the facts. But you're just so caught up in your old man, things were better back in my day spiel that you're just completely out of touch with reality here
Woj and every other person who claims to have sources has said it was a "consensual" relationship between Udoka and a female employee. I've repeated that and it's making you yelp.

You sound like a little kid who wants to make words mean whatever you want them to mean. Grow up.

Reaction Score
Woj and every other person who claims to have sources has said it was a "consensual" relationship between Udoka and a female employee. I've repeated that and it's making you yelp.

You sound like a little kid who wants to make words mean whatever you want them to mean. Grow up.
Yes and what I'm saying is that workplaces have rules for a reason about consensual relationships between subordinates, which is why the Celtics are looking into it.

Not a little kid here, just a grown man who's happy to try and improve the world and get rules created by people with your outdated mindset improved upon

Reaction Score
Yes and what I'm saying is that workplaces have rules for a reason about consensual relationships between subordinates, which is why the Celtics are looking into it.

Not a little kid here, just a grown man who's happy to try and improve the world and get rules created by people with your outdated mindset improved upon
You should tweet Woj and every other reporter and lecture them on what consensual means.

Reaction Score
You should tweet Woj and every other reporter and lecture them on what consensual means.
JFC, this will be my last post to you. I'm not arguing the consensual part, that's not the part of the relationship that's causing an investigation by the Celtics/NBA

Reaction Score
JFC, this will be my last post to you. I'm not arguing the consensual part, that's not the part of the relationship that's causing an investigation by the Celtics/NBA
You have no idea what the Celtics/NBA are investigating and you just spent the past hour telling me I don't know what consensual means.

Reaction Score
Reasonable take. If I haven’t experienced it, it doesn’t exist.
What? Navery told me I would know about power dynamics in the workplace if I paid attention to the news for the past 5 years. I said I have lived experience.

If it took the news in the last 5 years to inform anyone about this stuff they've been living under a rock or they're a little kid.

Reaction Score

You’re using the word to mean that he didn’t force himself on someone. You’re missing the point, deliberately or otherwise. But it’s boring at this point so who cares.

Reaction Score
You’re using the word to mean that he didn’t force himself on someone. You’re missing the point, deliberately or otherwise. But it’s boring at this point so who cares.
I was just repeating the consensual relationship with a female Celtics employee I read/heard from Woj and others.

I said if he forced himself on her or threatened her employment in any way it's obviously not consensual.

It wouldn't be reported by Woj and others that way if he was using his power over her. It doesn't make it nonconsensual if he has a higher position/salary than she does in the organization no matter how badly some people want that to be the case. Same goes for if she has a higher position/salary than he does in the organization.

Reaction Score
I was just repeating the consensual relationship with a female Celtics employee I read/heard from Woj and others.

I said if he forced himself on her or threatened her employment in any way it's obviously not consensual.

It wouldn't be reported by Woj and others that way if he was using his power over her. It doesn't make it nonconsensual if he has a higher position/salary than she does in the organization no matter how badly some people want that to be the case. Same goes for if she has a higher position/salary than he does in the organization.
Even if he didn't force himself, didn't threaten her employment, and it was considered consensual...

The Celtics, and many large corporate entities could have ruled against the relationship between a superior and a subordinate to protect themselves from the possibility that in any point in time the subordinate may consider it nonconsensual, or that they had to engage in the relationship... because of the power dynamic between the two parties.

You repeating the consensual part based on a tweet and ignoring everything else that goes into it is absurd. And it's been explain to you about 5 times now why.

Reaction Score
Even if he didn't force himself, didn't threaten her employment, and it was considered consensual...

The Celtics, and many large corporate entities could have ruled against the relationship between a superior and a subordinate to protect themselves from the possibility that in any point in time the subordinate may consider it nonconsensual, or that they had to engage in the relationship... because of the power dynamic between the two parties.

You repeating the consensual part based on a tweet and ignoring everything else that goes into it is absurd. And it's been explain to you about 5 times now why.
I'm aware of that and think it's wrong which I've said over and over and why I think we're a nation of Toby Flendersons. HR has done such a number on us that people don't even know what consensual means anymore.

You get rid of terrible behavior but telling people they can't develop feelings for/have relationships with the people they spend most of their awake hours with during the week is crazy. Business shouldn't have this kind of moralizing and social politics role.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom