Celtics new coach? | The Boneyard

Celtics new coach?

Reaction Score
How you can even have a 1 game suspension for consensual sex is mind blowing to me. This world has lost its mind. Thank god Im not a C's fan.
A year does seem long pending the full story coming out. But referring to it as consensual sex is telling half a story, it was consensual sex with a subordinate. That's gonna get you in trouble at just about every company across America

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
A year does seem long pending the full story coming out. But referring to it as consensual sex is telling half a story, it was consensual sex with a subordinate. That's gonna get you in trouble at just about every company across America

And it's stupid.

America was largely populated by bosses marrying secretaries and Doctors marrying nurses. I'm all for sensitivity in regards to harassment in the workplace but now even if you met your soulmate in the workplace it's off limits? Seems pendulum has swung too far. In every company in America. Consensual is consensual.

Reaction Score
And it's stupid.

America was largely populated by bosses marrying secretaries and Doctors marrying nurses. I'm all for sensitivity in regards to harassment in the workplace but now even if you met your soulmate in the workplace it's off limits? Seems pendulum has swung too far. In every company in America. Consensual is consensual.
Well I think that's part of the issue is that if they didn't disclose it to the team (for obvious reasons, namely Nia Long exists). If you met your soulmate at work then you just disclose that to HR and all is well and good. If the reports are true, Ime didn't disclose it to the team. That's the issue and why he's in hot water now

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
And it's stupid.

Think of the positive. Every business partnership with a husband and wife now is provided with an alternative excuse to “not tonight dear I have a headache”!

Reaction Score
Udoka isn’t coming back to the Celtics, it would just be too awkward, and embarrassing dealing with the local media. This suspension just buys time.

We’re in different times now too, this would’ve been leaked out eventually while the season was going on making it a real storm with the media. This isn’t the 80s or 90s where things at the time then we’re behind closed doors are now in the public eye.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
And it's stupid.

Yes, but there may be more here. If not this doesn't make much sense. But even among lawyers at my company, they didn't want workplace romances within the department. Can cause a lot of headaches.

Reaction Score
And it's stupid.

This is what we signed up for, we're a nation of Tobys.

August_West

Reaction Score
Well I think that's part of the issue is that if they didn't disclose it to the team (for obvious reasons, namely Nia Long exists). If you met your soulmate at work then you just disclose that to HR and all is well and good. If the reports are true, Ime didn't disclose it to the team. That's the issue and why he's in hot water now
Work has no place in judgement in “ affairs (/pun) of the heart” . That’s what divorce courts are for :)

ctchamps

Reaction Score
HRs around the country are going to love this. Anytime any two or more people go out for a drink after work there will be a need for them to submit a requisition form indicating that something may happen after a couple of drinks in order to preemptively cover their naked arses!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Yes, but there may be more here. If not this doesn't make much sense. But even among lawyers at my company, they didn't want workplace romances within the department. Can cause a lot of headaches.
And if they prohibit it. Could cause just as many problems.

August_West

Reaction Score
HRs around the country are going to love this. Anytime any two or more people go out for a drink after work there will be a need for them to submit a requisition form indicating that something may happen after a couple of drinks in order to preemptively cover their naked arses!
Is he your soulmate (check one)
[ ] yes
[ ] no

Reaction Score
I wish we knew the deeper story. I get breaking rules and guidelines, but this seems excessive in nature. Almost personal. I don't want to speculate but could he have had this "consensual relationship" with an owner's wife? Someone higher than him. Brad? It just feels really harsh. The media will crucify him, his wife will leave him, the punishment seems really heavy. Not condoning his behavior since he broke workplace policies but I just wonder if there is something bigger happening there.

Reaction Score
The Nets will hire Udoka KD will happy, would be wild if that happened this upcoming season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom