Celtics new coach? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Celtics new coach?

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
He's not married and what does cheating have to do with it?
A lot of front offices have clauses in their personal conduct policies that you can't have relationships in the office if you or the other person is in a relationship.

Reaction Score
This is what we signed up for, we're a nation of Tobys.
This is a bit of an excessive reaction, just like the Celtics. There is policy, and punishment was warranted. I'm not sure how much it should've been, or if should've maybe been a fine. But @August_West reminiscing about the glory days of Bosses and Secretaries is odd. I think we've moved past that stage for the most part.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I would simply not cheat on my wife if I didn't want to be suspended or fired from my job
Nothing. That issue is between him and his SO. That’s enough.

Reaction Score
He's not married and what does cheating have to do with it?
Well for one, it looks prrrretty bad for the Celtics organization if their coach is caught up in a scandal of sorts.

phillionaire

Reaction Score
Nothing. That issue is between him and his SO. That’s enough.
Yeah if the person he was cheating on his SO with didn't work for or under him then no problem but the fact that he's the head coach creates a massive power imbalance which is at best, a bad look and at worst, coercive.

August_West

Reaction Score
This is a bit of an excessive reaction, just like the Celtics. There is policy, and punishment was warranted. I'm not sure how much it should've been, or if should've maybe been a fine. But @August_West reminiscing about the glory days of Bosses and Secretaries is odd. I think we've moved past that stage for the most part.
Why? It’s not reminisce it’s just fact. I’m an enlightened guy I’ve got no problem with a female VP falling in love with her subordinate either.

August_West

Reaction Score
Yeah if the person he was cheating on his SO with didn't work for or under him then no problem but the fact that he's the head coach creates a massive power imbalance which is at best, a bad look and at worst, coercive.
It could be but that’s not a given. So it shouldn’t be treated like a given.

Reaction Score
He broke Celtics policy and is the head coach. Tend to agree it’s excessive but gotta make an example of the head honcho to let rest of team know what expectations are

What an idiot though doing that to Nia Long

A month would have been a "holy __ they're not ___ around here" type penalty.

Relatedly, and not to sound like a rube, but Udoka seems like a good dude and it bums me out when people screw around on their SOs.

August_West

Reaction Score
A lot of front offices have clauses in their personal conduct policies that you can't have relationships in the office if you or the other person is in a relationship.
So now corporations are morality arbiters? No thanks. I recognize their right to do so obviously, but it almost always proves misguided and hypocritical .

phillionaire

Reaction Score
So now corporations are morality arbiters? No thanks. I recognize their right to do so obviously, but it almost always proves misguided and hypocritical .
Seems more of a way to cover their asses, that sort of stuff can create tons of drama. Not saying I agree with it but I understand why they'd do it.

Reaction Score
Why? It’s not reminisce it’s just fact. I’m an enlightened guy I’ve got no problem with a female VP falling in love with her subordinate either.
It is a bit of a reminisce as it seemed like you were stating it as if that should be still a norm. America "Used to be" a lot of things. I think keeping relationships out of the office, for the most part, is a good thing. Especially if it isn't disclosed and breaks with policy of the employer.

Again, this suspension, and probably resignation, was unnecessary. But as they say, actions have consequences.

phillionaire

Reaction Score
So in the end ( sorry bigern, 8893… etc…) the lawyers are to blame?
Can you imagine a world without lawyers?
1663873748050.png

August_West

Reaction Score
It is a bit of a reminisce as it seemed like you were stating it as if that should be still a norm. America "Used to be" a lot of things. I think keeping relationships out of the office, for the most part, is a good thing. Especially if it isn't disclosed and breaks with policy of the employer.

Again, this suspension, and probably resignation, was unnecessary. But as they say, actions have consequences.
For many people their employment is where people actually meet people and interact with people and find themselves. No wonder involuntary celebrate is a thing now.

Reaction Score
For many people their employment is where people actually meet people and interact with people and find themselves. No wonder involuntary celebrate is a thing now.
I agree, and I said the most part because I have coworkers who are in relationships and it has worked out just fine. I just feel it can often lead to unnecessary issues for the employer. Especially in this case when it wasn't disclosed (apparently) and it's the head coach. It just doesn't reflect well on the C's.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I would simply not cheat on my wife if I didn't want to be suspended or fired from my job
That’s the moral high road which is very difficult to take.

Good luck at finding a solution for the majority of people in this country.

Relationships that go wrong always boils down to he says she says. Laws or policies can never prevent abuses in behavior unless freedoms are removed.

And even then there are consequences. China and Iran are struggling with inadequate births to prevent population declines because of restrictions they imposed when populations were growing too fast.

Needless to say the inability to be completely unbiased, the inability to know absolutely everything, and the inability to completely know all future outcomes prevent humanity from doing the right thing and thus provides job security for lawyers.

Reaction Score
Well he got some and will get another job in a year I’m sure KD will want him.

Reaction Score
Is that when you have a tic and it looks like
Happy The Office GIF
?

Reaction Score
The irony in all this is Felger constantly telling the Celtics fans aka the green teamers to keep it in their pants lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom