Celtics new coach? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Celtics new coach?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
You added a lot.

I just checked in on 3 pages of people explaining to you certain things, and you've taken your enlightened stance and dug deeeeep.

What did you need me to add?

Reaction Score
I just checked in on 3 pages of people explaining to you certain things, and you've taken your enlightened stance and dug deeeeep.

What did you need me to add?
You have something to say then say it.

Maybe start by expalining why banishing relationships which develop in the workplace is enlightened.

Reaction Score
Didn't make much sense to me why a consensual relationship would warrant a one year suspension, but this makes more sense now. This dude needs to go to jail. Bonk!

Reaction Score
You have no idea what the Celtics/NBA are investigating and you just spent the past hour telling me I don't know what consensual means.
If you know, tell us. Also, while you are at it, what/who the heck is Toby?

Reaction Score
Didn't make much sense to me why a consensual relationship would warrant a one year suspension, but this makes more sense now. This dude needs to go to jail. Bonk!

A year suspension is pretty harsh so there has to be more to this story than we currently don't know. Plus why did the Celtics know about this in July and now 2 months later they're suspending him? More details to come.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Athletic is rumored (I don't have a subscription, so I an going on what they are saying on WEEI) to be reporting that while the relationship may have been consensual at one time (Allegedly, both parties admitted to the consensual nature of the relationship in July), Udoka may have began acting inappropriately, whether comments or actions, and had since created a hostile work environment.

This makes more sense, as opposed to hanging one's hat solely on a supervisor/subordinate relationship. Udoka is in basketball operations. His reports are the coaches and players. Tangentially, a case can be made for the training staff and other on-court personnel (i.e. "ballboys/girls"), but say the woman is in marketing? Absent the alleged HWE, HR should not be involved.

Reaction Score
So it is being leaked there are two women and one is the bosses wife. so there's that-but there was another who turned him down and complained. IF this is true...kind of explains a lot.

Reaction Score
So it is being leaked there are two women and one is the bosses wife. so there's that-but there was another who turned him down and complained. IF this is true...kind of explains a lot.
What boss? One of the owners or Brad Stevens?

Reaction Score
The Athletic is rumored (I don't have a subscription, so I an going on what they are saying on WEEI) to be reporting that while the relationship may have been consensual at one time (Allegedly, both parties admitted to the consensual nature of the relationship in July), Udoka may have began acting inappropriately, whether comments or actions, and had since created a hostile work environment.

This makes more sense, as opposed to hanging one's hat solely on a supervisor/subordinate relationship. Udoka is in basketball operations. His reports are the coaches and players. Tangentially, a case can be made for the training staff and other on-court personnel (i.e. "ballboys/girls"), but say the woman is in marketing? Absent the alleged HWE, HR should not be involved.
This is what it sounds like to me as well and that obviously wouldn't be consensual as was reported all day yesterday. It sounds like he had a consensual relationship with a staffer, Celtics brass found out about it in July and warned them to stop. The woman stopped and Udoka kept making unwanted advances, sexually harassing her and she went to Celtics brass to complain about it/they knew what Udoka was doing and told him he's done.

Reaction Score
This is what it sounds like to me as well and that obviously wouldn't be consensual as was reported all day yesterday. It sounds like he had a consensual relationship with a staffer, Celtics brass found out about it in July and warned them to stop. The woman stopped and Udoka kept making unwanted advances, sexually harassing her and she went to Celtics brass to complain about it/they knew what Udoka was doing and told him he's done.
I think a big part of this is also that the Celtics never viewed it as "consensual" since the woman presumably fell under Udoka's management tree. If she was in marketing or some unrelated department, they wouldn't care (until the relationship ended and turned into unwanted advances)

Reaction Score
FIFY
If you would like to join the discussion instead of being Mr. Passive-aggressive then feel free.

I do like the "my bad" expression though. God bless Manute Bol.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think a big part of this is also that the Celtics never viewed it as "consensual" since the woman presumably fell under Udoka's management tree. If she was in marketing or some unrelated department, they wouldn't care (until the relationship ended and turned into unwanted advances)
Time for the C's press conference...

I am having trouble presuming this without specific knowledge. If the supervisor/subordinate relationship is at play here, it is only one minor aspect. Regardless, It is moot if Udoka created a hostile work environment.

Reaction Score
If you would like to join the discussion instead of being Mr. Passive-aggressive then feel free.

You need ANOTHER person to explain how foolish you've been? Okay.

Let's ignore the fact you refuse to accept that under certain circumstances consent may not matter. You acknowledged the fact that we all have limited details/knowledge about the situation, but still decided you know enough to make broad generalizations about the nation and HR professionals everywhere.

It was a bad take yesterday. It's only even more embarrassing today.

Is that direct enough for you?

Reaction Score
Yes, I respect people who engage instead of doing gutless drive-bys.
I respect people who admit they were wrong. Looks like we're both going to be disappointed today.
You work in HR?
No. You unable to admit a mistake?

Is that why you didn't respond to the points you asked for?

This is why you aren't worth responding to on this particular subject.

Reaction Score

My bad was Vlade Divac. Not Manute Bol.

Reaction Score
I respect people who admit they were wrong. Looks like we're both going to be disappointed today.

No. You unable to admit a mistake?

Is that why you didn't respond to the points you asked for?

This is why you aren't worth responding to on this particular subject.
Wrong about what? I posted what was reported by Woj and every other person in sports media who covered the story yesterday. Udoka had a consensual relationship with a woman who worked for the Celtics.

I never claimed to have all the details and said over and over I'm repeating what has been reported.

Reaction Score
My bad was Vlade Divac. Not Manute Bol.
The story was always that Manute created "my bad." I don't think most people think he actually created it but that's always been out there. Never heard anything about Vlade creating "my bad."

Reaction Score
Wrong about what? I posted what was reported by Woj and every other person in sports media who covered the story yesterday. Udoka had a consensual relationship with a woman who worked for the Celtics.

I never claimed to have all the details and said over and over I'm repeating what has been reported.
Wrong to use limited details to conclude not only that the punishment didn't fit the crime, but also that the punishment was (along with your "lived experience") enough to make ridiculous generalizations about HR and "the nation".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom