OT: - Celtics / Cavs megadeal | Page 14 | The Boneyard

OT: Celtics / Cavs megadeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
With Kyrie and Parker and Monroe....that's some serious questionable defense around the freak. The first 2 can't guard anyone.

Agreed. The Bucks also don't have a great cap situation. They have to give up Parker or get rid of Henson's contract just to keep the current team together over the next few years.

Monroe gets a bad rep. He was an adequate defender in big games, although he does coast at times. Parker just can't play D.

Reaction Score
Cancel trade and trade IT and the Nets picks to the Suns for Bledsoe.

Don't want IT bad under any scenario, even if he's healthy. Can't stand him. Making demands and forcing a team to move him. He's worse than Kyrie.

It's a shame cause crowder and Hayward are a great pairing imo. I play GH at the 2 and Crowder at the 3. Good defensive versatility and the 3pt shooting they need until the young kids grow up.

Reaction Score
Cancel trade and trade IT and the Nets picks to the Suns for Bledsoe.

Don't want IT bad under any scenario, even if he's healthy. Can't stand him. Making demands and forcing a team to move him. He's worse than Kyrie.

What demand did IT make? Am I missing something? Even if he did, how can that possibly bother you considering how giddy you were about Kyrie? Hypocrite much...You are a Celtics fan, right? Why do you want to give up an elite asset for Bledsoe?

Reaction Score
It's too bad the Celtics hadn't hung onto Bradley, because I think Cleveland would have gladly taken Bradley back in a deal over Thomas.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The voices inside his head.

I wanted him to say Broussard so I could

nBd4Pzp.jpg

Screen-Shot-2016-02-16-at-2.46.52-PM.png

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Can't believe Danny caved. This is a C-/D deal.

Reaction Score
The truth of the severity of IT's injury means that his value was significantly lessened (considering he's on a 1 year contract and was essentially unsignable by the C's for the long-term). Makes the first trade reflect in a better light on the Celts end. A future 2nd in the Celts future peak window is about as meaningless as it gets, and does not bring the trade much closer to the original valuation we had of the trade.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
2020 2nd round pick is more than likely a Dleaguer so that isn't a horrible add in.

the Q

Reaction Score
2020 2nd round pick is more than likely a Dleaguer so that isn't a horrible add in.

Looking at Miami, that pick could easily end up in the top 40. They're capped out and older than you think.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Looking at Miami, that pick could easily end up in the top 40. They're capped out and older than you think.

I'd love to see %'s on what could happen because I think it's safe to say that in 2020 the Celts will be a top team in the east...

the Q

Reaction Score
I'd love to see %'s on what could happen because I think it's safe to say that in 2020 the Celts will be a top team in the east...

There's just as big of a chance the're 3rd.

They traded a KG level package to get the Ray Allen of their big 3.

This team still needs the KG.

the Q

Reaction Score
Anthony Davis.

Here's the thing.

Because we saw the decline I don't think we fully appreciate KG.

In the 538 article I posted, KG was worth almost as much per 100 possessions as Cousins and Brown combined (7.8 in 08 v. 8.6 for Brow/Cousins duo).

Brow is probably going to have a HOF carer. But he isn't quite that caliber yet.

Reaction Score
Here's the thing.

Because we saw the decline I don't think we fully appreciate KG.

In the 538 article I posted, KG was worth almost as much per 100 possessions as Cousins and Brown combined (7.8 in 08 v. 8.6 for Brow/Cousins duo).

Brow is probably going to have a HOF carer. But he isn't quite that caliber yet.

I feel this comparison is beside the point. The debate here is what player at this point in their career is going to put the Celts over the hump and match the age timeline with their other stars. I think everyone can agree Anthony Davis is the guy. He fits that young, skilled, rim-protecting big man they've needed for the past several seasons. Bringing him in as Horford declines is the most logical move.

By the end of Anthony Davis' career I think many could make the argument he'll have a slightly better career than KG. Their #s are already very similar, other than the fact that KG was a better passer. Davis is 24 years old with his best basketball ahead of him, stick him in Stevens offense who knows what his ceiling will be. Now that they've just added Kyrie it makes Boston an even more attractive destination for young, top-tier talent. God knows AD will be sick of playing in NO by the end of this season.

As for the Celts moves, I'll take Kyrie/Hayward/Young Tatum w/ all the potential in the world OVER Isaiah/Crowder/Bradley any day of the week. Not to mention we still have Jaylen whom I was extremely high on the day we drafted him. Danny's making the right calls and molding this team into a dynasty that should take form in the next season or 2.

AD is the key tho

Reaction Score
I feel this comparison is beside the point. The debate here is what player at this point in their career is going to put the Celts over the hump and match the age timeline with their other stars. I think everyone can agree Anthony Davis is the guy. He fits that young, skilled, rim-protecting big man they've needed for the past several seasons. Bringing him in as Horford declines is the most logical move.

By the end of Anthony Davis' career I think many could make the argument he'll have a slightly better career than KG. Their #s are already very similar, other than the fact that KG was a better passer. Davis is 24 years old with his best basketball ahead of him, stick him in Stevens offense who knows what his ceiling will be. Now that they've just added Kyrie it makes Boston an even more attractive destination for young, top-tier talent. God knows AD will be sick of playing in NO by the end of this season.

As for the Celts moves, I'll take Kyrie/Hayward/Young Tatum w/ all the potential in the world OVER Isaiah/Crowder/Bradley any day of the week. Not to mention we still have Jaylen whom I was extremely high on the day we drafted him. Danny's making the right calls and molding this team into a dynasty that should take form in the next season or 2.

AD is the key tho
Isn't AD locked up until 2020? Need a trade or AD demand to get out

the Q

Reaction Score

AD is the key tho

don't get me wrong, I want AD and think he is a key piece.

But he's not on KG's level yet. So we shouldn't be expecting that.

Reaction Score
Whatever grade Danny received, adding a second rounder doesn't move the needle. It was a throw in.
I agree, the Celtics have so many picks sitting on roster and in future that a 2nd rounder is close to irrelevant for them.

I can see both sides of this deal and am definitely really sad to see Isaiah go. But I see the logic and making the bet on Kyrie to improve is a gamble worth taking. Whether the trade is a W-L for the Cavs vs Celtics comes down to two things
1. Is LeBron staying - if he is, and IF this helps him stay in Cleveland it was a horrible trade
2. Is the Net's pick top 2 or 3 depending on how many blue-chippers are in the 2018 draft. If the Cavs get such a player it becomes a potential $hitshow of a trade for Boston.

the Q

Reaction Score
I agree, the Celtics have so many picks sitting on roster and in future that a 2nd rounder is close to irrelevant for them.

I can see both sides of this deal and am definitely really sad to see Isaiah go. But I see the logic and making the bet on Kyrie to improve is a gamble worth taking. Whether the trade is a W-L for the Cavs vs Celtics comes down to two things
1. Is LeBron staying - if he is, and IF this helps him stay in Cleveland it was a horrible trade
2. Is the Net's pick top 2 or 3 depending on how many blue-chippers are in the 2018 draft. If the Cavs get such a player it becomes a potential $hitshow of a trade for Boston.

Gotta add in #3: Kyrie actually plays like the top 10 player level that Danny paid for.

Cause he's not even close to that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01