OT: - Celtics / Cavs megadeal | Page 12 | The Boneyard

OT: Celtics / Cavs megadeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I've already schooled you but if you wanna keep going.

Crowder had the best RPM of any one in the deal.

The difference from IT to Kyrie was small....crowder alone makes it an overpay. The premium pick, the crown jewel of the trade with Brooklyn, makes it suicidal.

Crowder was #20 in ROM.

#21: Amir Johnson.

Tells you all you need to know about RPM.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Crowder was #20 in ROM.

#21: Amir Johnson.

Tells you all you need to know about RPM.

Or, maybe it tells you how the Celtics won over 50 games without a lot of "star power."

I feel like I'm talking baseball with fans from 1999.

Reaction Score
Or, maybe it tells you how the Celtics won over 50 games without a lot of "star power."

You haven't included any actual substance outside of opinion articles and cherry picked basketball ref stats so don't be shocked no one takes you serious.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So many things I'd change. I'm interested in hearing your changes. I like college and pro hoop but I know there are a lot of college bball fans that can't stomach pro hoop. How would you make it better?

I'd call travels. I'd end the continuation rule. There are few things more silly than watching some guy attack the basket, tuck the ball, take a full three steps, hit a stationary defender in the shoulder, make a layup and be awarded a free throw. Later, a big guy catches the ball, dribbles once, slides a plant shoe and inch and it's a travel. What?!

I'd probably call way more offensive fouls. I'd think about whether the 3 point line really works. I'd consider shrinking the rim slightly. Mostly I'd make alterations that decrease the value of individual players and increase the value of strong, coordinated team play. The Warriors already shifted the league in that direction.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Pierce, KG, and Ray. Yes, Dirk was better at that point. If you have to ask about Timm Duncan, there is no point in us talking.

So Pierce was a significant upgrade on Gordon Hayward? I think they are pretty comparable. KG was a difference maker on both ends, and that is key. Better than the current Horford certainly. Ray was an aging star at that point, who was not as good as the current age Kyrie, not close really. All in all, I think these 3 are pretty close to those 3. And if either of the young forwards steps up, this team could easily be better than those teams. But they need a rebounder.

the Q

Reaction Score
You haven't included any actual substance outside of opinion articles and cherry picked basketball ref stats so don't be shocked no one takes you serious.

As compared to the people providing nothing stamping their feet claiming Kyrie is a top 10 player despite zero evidence to assert that?

No one else has provided ANYTHING of substance. At all.

the Q

Reaction Score
I'd call travels. I'd end the continuation rule. There are few things more silly than watching some guy attack the basket, tuck the ball, take a full three steps, hit a stationary defender in the shoulder, make a layup and be awarded a free throw. Later, a big guy catches the ball, dribbles once, slides a plant shoe and inch and it's a travel. What?!

I'd probably call way more offensive fouls. I'd think about whether the 3 point line really works. I'd consider shrinking the rim slightly. Mostly I'd make alterations that decrease the value of individual players and increase the value of strong, coordinated team play. The Warriors already shifted the league in that direction.

Please take over the NBA immediately. Throw a damn coup if you have to.

Reaction Score
As compared to the people providing nothing stamping their feet claiming Kyrie is a top 10 player despite zero evidence to assert that?

No one else has provided ANYTHING of substance. At all.
Man you are either delusional, blind, or just willfully ignorant. People have provided you countless pieces of stats, both advanced and standard, and you just ignore it. It is kind of like your draft proclamations where you provide zero facts, analysis or anything other than stomppimg your feet and yelling "Do not mess with me on the draft!".

Still waiting on you to tell me who that draft pick who is going to be an 4 times all star in their first 6 years..........

You continually cite RPM like its some end all be all stat. Metta World Peace was the #1 player in the league per RPM in 2015-16, Elton Brand was 2nd, and LeBron was 30th. This is why no one takes your opinion seriously.

the Q

Reaction Score
Man you are either delusional, blind, or just willfully ignorant. People have provided you countless pieces of stats, both advanced and standard, and you just ignore it. It is kind of like your draft proclamations where you provide zero facts, analysis or anything other than stomppimg your feet and yelling "Do not mess with me on the draft!".

Still waiting on you to tell me who that draft pick who is going to be an 4 times all star in their first 6 years.....

You continually cite RPM like its some end all be all stat. Metta World Peace was the #1 player in the league per RPM in 2015-16, Elton Brand was 2nd, and LeBron was 30th. This is why no one takes your opinion seriously.

1) no, they really haven't.

2) the fact that you think that all-star game appearances is somehow a good indicator compared to things like their actual on the court performance, says everything one needs to know about your basketball knowledge.

3) Idk what you're talking about. the top 5 guys in 2015-2016 were Lebron, Draymond, Paul, Curry, Leonard.
NBA Real Plus-Minus - National Basketball Association - ESPN

Reaction Score
1) no, they really haven't.

2) the fact that you think that all-star game appearances is somehow a good indicator compared to things like their actual on the court performance, says everything one needs to know about your basketball knowledge.

3) Idk what you're talking about. the top 5 guys in 2015-2016 were Lebron, Draymond, Paul, Curry, Leonard.
NBA Real Plus-Minus - National Basketball Association - ESPN
1. Yes they have, again you are either delusional, blind, or just willfully ignorant.

2. I listed a number of accomplishments, all star appearances was just an example. But per usual this is your response, thanks for proving my point on how you actually know nothing and have zero to say other than, "Do not mess with me" or "you know nothing". It is comical how sad and pathetic you are.

3. Yea, I messed this up, my browser populated them wrong. See how easy it is to admit you made a mistake?

the Q

Reaction Score
1. Yes they have, again you are either delusional, blind, or just willfully ignorant.

2. I listed a number of accomplishments, all star appearances was just an example. But per usual this is your response, thanks for proving my point on how you actually know nothing and have zero to say other than, "Do not mess with me" or "you know nothing". It is comical how sad and pathetic you are.

3. Yea, I messed this up, my browser populated them wrong. See how easy it is to admit you made a mistake?

i already showed you the metrics how Irving isn't nearly what you're trying to prop him up as.

Jimmy Butler didn't make that many AS gamse....yet he's clearly a better player.

Same with Hayward.

All star games, that's literally all anyone has added. Saying they don't like overwhelming evidence provided is not actually adding anything to the convo.

they say, Kyrie can dribble, he's younger, they can resign him (which still can't be a part of evaluating the deal cause it's outside the scope of his current control). That's not really adding anything to the convo.

Reaction Score
i already showed you the metrics how Irving isn't nearly what you're trying to prop him up as.

Jimmy Butler didn't make that many AS gamse....yet he's clearly a better player.

Same with Hayward.

All star games, that's literally all anyone has added. Saying they don't like overwhelming evidence provided is not actually adding anything to the convo.

they say, Kyrie can dribble, he's younger, they can resign him (which still can't be a part of evaluating the deal cause it's outside the scope of his current control). That's not really adding anything to the convo.
Wow, you really do not get it. There is no point in going back and forth with you, carry on wannabe.

Reaction Score
So? Like I said, I don't wanna be depending on rookies and 2nd year players when playoff time comes. On paper, I'll take Wall/Beal/Porter over the Cs top 3 options.

Irving > Wall (Wall's inability to shoot is a big issue for him)
Hayward > Beal
Porter > Horford

So, in the aggregate, no.

Reaction Score
Irving > Wall (Wall's inability to shoot is a big issue for him)
Hayward > Beal
Porter > Horford

So, in the aggregate, no.

I'm not so sure that any of these are true and they are definitely debatable.

the Q

Reaction Score
Wow, you really do not get it. There is no point in going back and forth with you, carry on wannabe.

don't project yourself onto me.

You're the one who isn't getting it.

Hence this post I quoted.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Same with Hayward.

I added some Kyrie clutch stats. Might be the most clutch player in the league.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score

I agree with you on the traveling not be called. They should remove the violation for carrying the ball since it is NEVER called. It's a league about offense so I don't think more charges are going to be called. I wouldn't mess with the rim. I would eliminate all preseason games(in all pro sports). This would allow for less back to backs and players sitting out games. I would eliminate 2 time outs a half. The remaining ones can be incrementally longer to appease advertisers. I like the moving the ball to half court in end of game situations but... there shouldn't be a TO and huddle. The team should go to half court and run a play they worked on in practice. As AI said practice? practice?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Give me a break. None of us are luddites. We're all facile with advanced stats. Do you understand their limitations? When you're relying on a stat that ranks Amir Johnson 21st, you should question it. Don't be a robot.

Stats also don't tell you whether a guy will be a malcontent and clubhouse cancer because the team signed the guy he was whining about all season.

Reaction Score
Here's my opinion on the eye test of Kyrie, clutch, tremendous scorer and winner. Isaiah is great but he's vertically and defensively challenge. That won't change. Kyrie can choose to improve his defense. This trade is tremendous for celtics fans. Some don't know it yet. I see the stat comparisons between both. Isaiah gave his heart in all he does. However, he's no Kyrie. The Celtics ar closer to being the favorites coming out of the east. Young guy development and rebounding will be the key.

Exciting year ahead!

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure that any of these are true and they are definitely debatable.

At the very least, I'm not sure how you'd contend Beal being better than Hayward. GH probably has just as much upward projection given he's coming from Utah who was either the 1st or 2nd slowest pace team last year.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

Ooooooooooooooor... it's almost like the Celtics' system and coaching bring about favorable advanced stats for their role players and hustle guys. Please end this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom