OT: - Celtics / Cavs megadeal | The Boneyard

OT: Celtics / Cavs megadeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
sounds close. Kyrie for IT, Jae & picks

No other specifics yet

Reaction Score
Draft pick could be the key. My guess is Cleveland wants that 2018 1st round pick which is probably a lottery pick. Still, I think it's a no-brainer for Boston. Would make them top dog in east when Lebron leaves (or even this year).

Reaction Score
If CLE trades with Boston then LeBron is 100% leaving after this year. I know people in the know seem to take it as a near certainty, but this would confirm it from the team perspective. You don't deal a young star to your rival if you intend to be good during the time he is in prime.

Reaction Score
Done deal. IT, Crowder, Zizic and the 2018 nets pick
Wish it were the Lakers/Sacto pick. But can't include Tatum.

You can't win a title with IT as your 1 or 2. We know you can with Irving.

Reaction Score
IT isn't worth max money. Crowder is replaceable. They have a lottery pick coming up.

If Irving is healthy--and that's the obvious danger!--then an Irving-Haywood-Tatum-Brown core is really good. It's the Nets pick that's the issue to me. Give up the Lakers/Clippers/anything else...

Reaction Score
IT isn't worth max money. Crowder is replaceable. They have a lottery pick coming up.

If Irving is healthy--and that's the obvious danger!--then an Irving-Haywood-Tatum-Brown core is really good. It's the Nets pick that's the issue to me. Give up the Lakers/Clippers/anything else...
The Nets pick should be the issue to you. Its going to be a top 4 pick. Who cares about the rest. That pick shouldn't have been included.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The Nets pick should be the issue to you. Its going to be a top 4 pick. Who cares about the rest. That pick shouldn't have been included.

Bingo.

Reaction Score
It may or may not be. But they do have another Lotto pick, and IT was about to become a long term problem for the team. I honestly didn't want him to be in a long term contract for the Celtics. Now they get Irving instead?

If Tatum is what many think he is, and they get the Lakers pick, they'll be just fine.

Reaction Score
I can not believe they included the Nets pick! Wow. I don't think the Lakers pick is going to convey, which would mean the Celtics will be getting the SAC pick in 19, which is not a lock for the top 5 and who knows how good that class is. Horford is falling off and next years class is incredibly loaded with bigs. I don't hate it - getting off IT was necessary but in comparison to the deals for Butler and PG, this seems a bit much.

Reaction Score
Irving may be one of the top 7 players in the league and is 25. Yes Celts gave up some pieces but as one mentioned IT is not worth max and Crowder is replaceable. So you can look at it as giving up a potential no1 pick for Irving - that's a no brainer.

And by the way Ainge's draft pick record - eh not so hot. I like Boston in this one.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Irving may be one of the top 7 players in the league and is 25. Yes Celts gave up some pieces but as one mentioned IT is not worth max and Crowder is replaceable. So you can look at it as giving up a potential no1 pick for Irving - that's a no brainer.

And by the way Ainge's draft pick record - eh not so hot. I like Boston in this one.
You like this deal because your GM sucks at drafting?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

no chance.

the diff btw IT and Kyrie isn't even Crowder's deal.

massive overpay.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The fact you think that Irving is barely an upgrade over Thomas tells me all I need to know about your opinion. That statement is laughably stupid.
What besides defense does Irving do better than Thomas?

Reaction Score
The fact you think that Irving is barely an upgrade over Thomas tells me all I need to know about your opinion. That statement is laughably stupid.
Yeah, I like IT a lot. A fun player. But Irving >>> Thomas. It isn't actually close.

I don't love giving up the Nets pick, but he's taller, better, and 3 years younger.

Reaction Score
What besides defense does Irving do better than Thomas?
You serious? I mean really?

IT has been a good player in this league for 2 years, Kyrie has been an All Star since his 2nd year. Kyrie is 3 years younger, signed for 3 years,

One is a 30% 3 point shooter in the playoffs and one is over 40%.

I can go on and on but honestly anyone with a brain knows the two players are not close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom