OT: - Celtics / Cavs megadeal | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Celtics / Cavs megadeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Irving might be the best ball handler in the league.

One of the most clutch players in the league: Kyrie Irving has a scoring average of 6.9 PPG in 18 overtime games, 1.5 higher than any other player in the last 17 seasons.....Kyrie Irving is at 97.7% in career overtime free throws (43-44), per @CavsFredMcLeod. Unbelievably clutch.

I kinda have never liked Kyrie, and still don't really, but it's tough to argue that he's good and possibly getting better.

We'll see, though, when he doesn't have Lebron on his side. But he's been thrown into 2 pretty solid spots thus far in his career.

Reaction Score
Obviously you do not want to part with the Nets picks, but it had to be done to get the deal done and they did not give up Tatum.

You never know what that pick number is and who the player is they get and there are a lot of experts who are not that high on this class.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Do people think Tatum is better than Nets pick? Let's just say it's Top 2.

Reaction Score
I kinda have never liked Kyrie, and still don't really, but it's tough to argue that he's good and possibly getting better.

We'll see, though, when he doesn't have Lebron on his side. But he's been thrown into 2 pretty solid spots thus far in his career.
He played 3 years without LeBron, was an All Star twice. He will be fine

Reaction Score

I haven't really dug into the 18 class yet but I was under the impression that next years class was supposed to be loaded, especially with big men. Doncic, the kid going to Mizzou and Bagley especially look phenomenal.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Would rather have given the LA #1, but otherwise I like it. Meanwhile, Thomas is considering hip surgery, so don't count any chickens yet.

Reaction Score
I haven't really dug into the 18 class yet but I was under the impression that next years class was supposed to be loaded, especially with big men. Doncic, the kid going to Mizzou and Bagley especially look phenomenal.
"First things first: The 2018 NBA Draft isn't this year's draft.

The 2017 draft was an embarrassment of riches. Nearly every lottery team landed a potential foundational star, and the three or four teams at the end of the lottery still ought to get solid NBA starters."

Ridiculously early 2018 NBA Mock Draft: DeAndre Ayton, Michael Porter start on top

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

the Q

Reaction Score
Obviously you do not want to part with the Nets picks, but it had to be done to get the deal done and they did not give up Tatum.

You never know what that pick number is and who the player is they get and there are a lot of experts who are not that high on this class.

No, it really didn't have to be done.

Even Boston's own 2018 pick would've been an overpay. parting with the brooklyn one is just pure stupidity. There's no other way to say it.

Reaction Score
I would trade Tatum for any one of the top 5-6 prospects in 2018 without even thinking about it.
Personally, I think that would be a huge mistake. We'll see.

The Celtics felt good enough about Tatum they traded away a #1 pick for him. I think it quite possible he's the best player drafted in this class.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
That's from before Bagley reclassifyed (which both hurt '19 and helped '18).
That is one guy, and guess what? The Celtics could still pick him with the 1st pick they may have

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

No, and I don't think it is close. With Hayward there, and Brown they are overloaded at the position. I think there are 3-4 player next year who would go before anyone this year.

Reaction Score
In last year's playoff run against both Chicago and Washington the best player on the court was not a Celtic. This time they may have the best 2 players versus their competition in the first 2 rounds.

Reaction Score
For IT, Crowder, and the nets pick.

Thoughts?

That nets pick could end up being very valuable in a stacked draft.

IT I love, but with his contract and injury, it's probably a good move.

the Q

Reaction Score
Ha well we already saw you have no idea what you are talking about.

don't mess with me when it comes to the draft.

Tatum has some offensive game. But he doesn't move well laterally.

The guys at the top 0f 2018 are game changing level talents.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

The Celtics felt good enough about Tatum they traded away a #1 pick for him. I
think it quite possible he's the best player drafted in this class.

What? They didn't trade a #1 for him. They could have just taken him at #1 but instead got another solid #1 and him.

Reaction Score
No, and I don't think it is close. With Hayward there, and Brown they are overloaded at the position. I think there are 3-4 player next year who would go before anyone this year.
Brown and Tatum do not play the same position

the Q

Reaction Score

The Celtics felt good enough about Tatum they traded away a #1 pick for him. I think it quite possible he's the best player drafted in this class.

Making one mistake doesn't justify another.

Danny just doubled down on that mistake.

Reaction Score
"First things first: The 2018 NBA Draft isn't this year's draft.

The 2017 draft was an embarrassment of riches. Nearly every lottery team landed a potential foundational star, and the three or four teams at the end of the lottery still ought to get solid NBA starters."

Ridiculously early 2018 NBA Mock Draft: DeAndre Ayton, Michael Porter start on top

I've never heard of this guy and I can't say this article made a good impression on me. Every lottery team landed a potential foundational star? Not buying it. The people who I respect were not as high on last years class. But I haven't really seen any of them weigh in on '18 yet. I was under the impression that Bagley was supposed to be a generational type talent and that Porter would have been in contention for #1 this year. We'll see - I definitely don't hate the trade, just don't like them relinquishing this pick.

On to something we can agree on. I am listening to Dunc'd on Talk about the Kyrie trade right now. Some schlub named Dan Feldman gave the C's an F for the trade. What an idiot. Making the argument that he would possibly rather have the #1 than Irving straight up.

And Kyrie has 2+1 FWIW.

Reaction Score
Seriously arguing over the Brooklyn pick? They just picked up a young already proven superstar for a team ready to win now. That lottery pick isn't getting them to the Finals next year, Kyrie is.
Nobody is looking at the incredibly solid young core of Kyrie, Hayward, and Tatum that will be together and competitive for years to come. Really need some defense now, and hope that Brooklyn is awful to secure a big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom