CBB Trial | Page 5 | The Boneyard

CBB Trial

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Of course that’s a violation, how could the writer think otherwise?

So he thought everyone could offer every recruit infinite money and nothing happens if they don’t prove it was paid?

They’re actively trying to do the oldest, dirtiest trick in the book.

You should know by now that MCBB analysts tend to not be the brightest of bulbs.

Reaction Score
I hear you. But I hate the posts that needlessly post sheet about UConn based on "I know a guy BS." It's pointless. It is at best an attempted humble brag at faux insider status (and 'quite frankly' Chief's got that niche all sewed up) and at worst smear on the school. Just in case you think I'm over cautious I remind you that posts on the BY have been used by another school in a complaint to the NCAA and actually resulted in a secondary violation. I'd advise people to take that crap to PM if you really feel compelled to spout about it.
You keep responding that what I posted is "hearsay". Agreed, it is, i didn't pretend otherwise. While getting your panties in a bunch because UConn was punished by the NCAA for a secondary violation because of posts on the boneyard. It's ironic really. I'm readily admitting that i wasn't there. The likelihood of those posts being used against UConn (posts with absolutely zero details like who, what, or when) is zero, but you do you. I guess that's why it isn't surprising that you couldn't follow the simple logic of my point. Which is those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You keep responding that what I posted is "hearsay". Agreed, it is, i didn't pretend otherwise. While getting your panties in a bunch because UConn was punished by the NCAA for a secondary violation because of posts on the boneyard. It's ironic really. I'm readily admitting that i wasn't there. The likelihood of those posts being used against UConn (posts with absolutely zero details like who, what, or when) is zero, but you do you. I guess that's why it isn't surprising that you couldn't follow the simple logic of my point. Which is those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
I didn't use the legal term hearsay because this isn't a trial but the point is fair enough. I don't know why idiots who have no first hand knowledge of violations love come on and allege that they do. It's stupid but I guess it's fun to pretend to be a quasi-insider. Not entirely sure why.

Reaction Score
I didn't use the legal term hearsay because this isn't a trial but the point is fair enough. I don't know why idiots who have no first hand knowledge of violations love come on and allege that they do. It's stupid but I guess it's fun to pretend to be a quasi-insider. Not entirely sure why.
Suppose you're talking about @Chief00 here, cause you surely can't be referencing me or my post which literally said "I have no firsthand knowledge".

Not sure why people like making mountains out of mole-hills, or misconstruing statements made on the internet just so they can get into quasi-arguments with strangers on the internet over things that matter very little. I suppose it's fun to pretend to be smarter/better/holier than others, not entirely sure why.

Reaction Score
Never really thought of it like this. The NCAAs inaction on this matter could be the 'excuse' the P5s use to break off and form a new world. Who knows?
The NCAA won’t act until the trial ends. US attorney has made that request and they will comply.

It is possible that there will be a pretty sibgnificant reordering ofvthe basketball hierarchy after this is over.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Suppose you're talking about @Chief00 here, cause you surely can't be referencing me or my post which literally said "I have no firsthand knowledge".

Not sure why people like making mountains out of mole-hills, or misconstruing statements made on the internet just so they can get into quasi-arguments with strangers on the internet over things that matter very little. I suppose it's fun to pretend to be smarter/better/holier than others, not entirely sure why.
I'll try one last time. Your "I know I guys says that..." posts are read recruits, their parents and opposing fans. Posts from the BY have resulted in UConn being assessed secondary violations by the NCAA. I don't understand why a fan of the program would post them since, as you pointed out they aren't particularly credible or useful, but it is clear that they matter to you a lot. You do you.

Feel free to have the last word.

Reaction Score
tenor.gif

Reaction Score
The NCAA won’t act until the trial ends. US attorney has made that request and they will comply.

It is possible that there will be a pretty sibgnificant reordering ofvthe basketball hierarchy after this is over.

Agree but they are building files and letting schools know:

NCAA 'closely monitoring' federal bribery and fraud trial, but few know if it will act

>>The NCAA is lurking, with sanctions possible at numerous schools if the courtroom allegations translate into proven NCAA violations. “We are closely monitoring the trial of three individuals charged with corruption in college basketball,” the NCAA said in a statement issued Friday. “If information relevant to potential NCAA violations is uncovered, we will continue to follow-up and investigate all the facts.”<<

>>The NCAA issued a rule change in August saying that its enforcement staff “can accept information established by another administrative body, including a court of law, government agency, accrediting body or a commission authorized by a school.” And Brown says the NCAA has instructed schools to start looking at some of the issues that have arisen from the federal investigation and trial. “My sense is they will wait for these trials to conclude,” Brown said, “because that allows the NCAA to gather information through both what becomes public in the trial and whatever else the federal government might share with them after the trials, which is unknown.”<<

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

That's actually kinda cold blowing his spot up like that, seeing as it was stricken.

But it's ultimately Bowen's fault, so c'est la vie.

Reaction Score
From the article:

The NCAA’s stated criteria for implementing the “repeat violator” legislation and enacting the so-called death penalty is straightforward.

“Following the announcement of a major case, a major violation occurs … within five years of the starting date of the penalty assessed in the first case,” NCAA documents read. “The second major case does not have to be in the same sport as the previous case to affect the second sport.”

In this case it isn’t just the same sport, men’s basketball, it’s the same coaching staff, Rick Pitino’s. And forget five years, Louisville didn’t make it five months.

The first, with the strippers and the prostitutes, occurred because of the direct actions of director of basketball operations Andre McGee, who was gone by the time the sanctions hit. This one, if true, would be the associate head coach.

Perhaps even worse for Louisville, this trial isn’t even half over. The prosecution has already stated, without details, that another assistant coach, Jordan Fair, paid $900 to a separate student athlete at an undisclosed time. It is also possible a secret recording of a meeting in Las Vegas may be introduced featuring Fair. That’s three separate members of Pitino’s staff that would be implicated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom