CBB Trial | Page 11 | The Boneyard

CBB Trial

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I side with Russo on this.
I'm on the other end of this. I think he's wrong and just because he yells loudly, it does not make his point valid (not that you said that).
His argument about the FBI is right if every FBI agent was working on the basketball case, but surely that is not what's going on. I'm would imagine they have a team or teams that only work on profiling people via Facebook or Instagram or whatever people use. Maybe some specialize in other forms of terror, securities fraud, etc.
And when he asks does anyone care about the trial, I disagree there too. I care and so does any other fan of an affected school. I care because I'm tired of my school wasting time and money on kids they have no shot at due to under the table payments (Diamond Stone for one). I care because it's not a level playing field. I care because cheating denies my school certain opportunities. Bottom line, I care about UConn and anything that affects it. Russo went to Rollins College near Orlando. It's obvious why he doesn't care.

Reaction Score
I'm on the other end of this. I think he's wrong and just because he yells loudly, it does not make his point valid (not that you said that).
His argument about the FBI is right if every FBI agent was working on the basketball case, but surely that is not what's going on. I'm would imagine they have a team or teams that only work on profiling people via Facebook or Instagram or whatever people use. Maybe some specialize in other forms of terror, securities fraud, etc.
And when he asks does anyone care about the trial, I disagree there too. I care and so does any other fan of an affected school. I care because I'm tired of my school wasting time and money on kids they have no shot at due to under the table payments (Diamond Stone for one). I care because it's not a level playing field. I care because cheating denies my school certain opportunities. Bottom line, I care about UConn and anything that affects it. Russo went to Rollins College near Orlando. It's obvious why he doesn't care.

Well it’s been happening for ever, as he stated, and you continue to watch college basketball despite the cheating so like it or not you are prooving him correct. You don’t really care because if you did you would do something about it.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Well it’s been happening for ever, as he stated, and you continue to watch college basketball despite the cheating so like it or not you are proving him correct. You don’t really care because if you did you would do something about it.
I'm not proving him correct at all. Assuming something is happening and having proof, like this trial and investigation provide, are different things. I assume the SEC cheats in football and we all joke about it, but without someone getting caught with a bag of cash it's just an assumption.
Can't I watch and cheer for my alma mater and care about cheating at the same time? Do they have to be exclusive of each other?

Last edited:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Audio recordings of Gatto, Dawkins, etc released. Pretty eye opening stuff.

Reaction Score
I'm not proving him correct at all. Assuming something is happening and having proof, like this trial and investigation provide, are different things. I assume the SEC cheats in football and we all joke about it, but without someone getting caught with a bag of cash it's just an assumption.
Can't I watch and cheer for my alma mater and care about cheating at the same time? Do they have to be exclusive of each other?

Not according to the Dog!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom