CBB Trial | Page 9 | The Boneyard

CBB Trial

Reaction Score
I'm actually surprised there hasn't been much much more dirt than what has been reported. Through Adidas corporate accounts there has got to be a way to follow the money until it becomes cash or a cashed check. There has to be corporate discussions as to who they are supporting and how. Gatto and his henchmen can't possibly be laying out money for recruits without getting credit and goodwill from people actually in senior authority in each program. I would have thought there would have been more explicit texts congratulating each other, reporting how pleased particular head coaches were, etc. I also thought there would be more specific people dragged into the conversation by discussions of needing to beat the offers of Nike related to player X, and delivered to family member Y, for school 'Z' , by assistant coach … or runner … Plus, with the defense strategy of admitting the facts but declaring it only an NCAA infraction, proving things should have been an easy job.

When this all started, the FBI came public saying if you have information you had best come forward because things will be much worse if the FBI is the one coming to you. It doesn't seem to me that any assistant coaches or people inside any program chose to protect themselves. If the prosecution is coming to a close, I'm surprised.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hoops Weiss dropping a that’s all they have tweet is hilarious.

Reaction Score
I'm actually surprised there hasn't been much much more dirt than what has been reported. Through Adidas corporate accounts there has got to be a way to follow the money until it becomes cash or a cashed check. There has to be corporate discussions as to who they are supporting and how. Gatto and his henchmen can't possibly be laying out money for recruits without getting credit and goodwill from people actually in senior authority in each program. I would have thought there would have been more explicit texts congratulating each other, reporting how pleased particular head coaches were, etc. I also thought there would be more specific people dragged into the conversation by discussions of needing to beat the offers of Nike related to player X, and delivered to family member Y, for school 'Z' , by assistant coach … or runner … Plus, with the defense strategy of admitting the facts but declaring it only an NCAA infraction, proving things should have been an easy job.

When this all started, the FBI came public saying if you have information you had best come forward because things will be much worse if the FBI is the one coming to you. It doesn't seem to me that any assistant coaches or people inside any program chose to protect themselves. If the prosecution is coming to a close, I'm surprised.
These are the types of discussions that generally happen via phone for obvious reasons.

Reaction Score
No noteworthy punishments and Pitino gets hired in the off-season by some school.

Reaction Score

1) this has been going on for decades. It’s an art form for some programs.
2) if anyone has watched The Wire they have passed “things to not do on/with a phone when conducting a criminal conspiracy 101”

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
SI McCann: Breaking down prosecution's case in NCAA corruption trial

May be too deep legally for some folks but interesting none the less. Towards the end of the article it delves into a possible explanation for why NCAA hasn’t yet published implicated schools and coaches.
Good article thanks for posting. It will be very interesting to see how the NCAA handles the results of these trials in 2020 or 2021. Hopefully SI and others will keep the pressure on the NCAA which results in a change in leadership. I would love to see Emmert gone as a result of all this.

Reaction Score
I'm no Dan Wetzel fan but anyone who takes shots at Krzyzewski is worth posting.

That he’s playing the Iraqi Information Minister bit that seems to have become popular with the upper echelons of college athletics is beneath him. Krzyzewski is better than this, smarter than this, more rooted in reality than this. He’s West Point for crying out loud, not someone prone to Roy Williams’ Mayberry-babe-in-the-woods routine or Mark Emmert’s head-in-the-sand act.

Coach K shows what college basketball's elite thinks about hoops corruption trial

Reaction Score
So many goodies in the non-admissible evidence pile. We all wondered about Tremont to LSU, and Wil Wade getting mentioned didn't surprise me in the slightest.

Reaction Score
Will Wade caught saying he'd have the funds. Even hd to shut his office door!!!

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I have a better feeling about winning mega millions than I do about any big coach even getting a slap on the wrist.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Just remember - Emmert is a puppet of the universities.

8774E277-BE5F-4B80-99AF-BDA10A357E65.jpeg

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Who was the kid last year duke got to reclassify and then commit immediately? This Williamson thing seems similar if not worse

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Crazy. Self really in the cross hairs now:

Attorney: Adidas OK'd payment at Self's request

James Gatto, told the jury that Gatto approved a $20,0000 payment to Fenny Falmagne, the guardian of current Kansas player Silvio De Sousa, only after Self and Kansas assistant Kurtis Townsend requested the payment through former Adidas consultant T.J. Gassnola.

"The evidence, I submit, shows that Kansas' head coach knew of and asked for a payment to be made to Silvio De Sousa's handler," Schachter told the jury. "More than that, Coach Self requested just the kind of help that Mr. Gassnola arranged as a condition for Coach Self to permit Adidas to continue their sponsorship agreement with the University of Kansas."

Wow

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom