CBB Trial | Page 8 | The Boneyard

CBB Trial

Reaction Score
How many times has a Kansas player or two been suspended or ineligible for half/full season and nothing came of it?
I keep hoping they get in some form of trouble. my co worker is a Kansas fan and has been riding me hard the last years on our struggles. It would be nice to see them with some form of issue.

Reaction Score
Some crazy stuff with Gassnola on the stand. Who knows how credible this guy is.

Fake affairs, Charger-driving great grandmas, $300K expense accounts: Inside a routine day at hoops trial

"Regardless of motive, he provided it. There were piles of cash to Player. There was $2,500 to the guardian of Silvio De Sousa. There was discussion of another $20,000 because the guardian had allegedly taken $60,000 from a booster for Maryland and needed to pay back some money in order to sign with Kansas. Gassnola said he never gave the $20K – probably because how was the Maryland booster really going to demand a return of a bribe? De Sousa went to his preferred KU anyway.

Another time, Schachter alleged, the high school coach of Diamond Stone said Stone’s family needed $150,000 for the player to sign. Gassnola apparently wouldn’t bite. Stone would up at Maryland. So, it was win some, lose some"

Reaction Score
Another time, Schachter alleged, the high school coach of Diamond Stone said Stone’s family needed $150,000 for the player to sign. Gassnola apparently wouldn’t bite. Stone would up at Maryland. So, it was win some, lose some"
Yeah not exactly shocking, is it? I hope he saved some of that cash because he's already out of the NBA.

Reaction Score
I think what’s interesting so far is the lack of concrete evidence against any of the big head coaches. Before the trial, I used to think all these coaches were 100% guilty of paying players, but now it’s starting to get a big iffy. It looks like the most damning thing is the call larranaga made, nothing really directly yet against self, Miller, even Pitino. Trial is just getting started of course though.

Either these coaches really had no involvement (doubt it) or they’re a lot better at covering their asses than I originally thought they would be (this is more likely I feel). Either way, the NCAA has got to do something, players like Preston, ayton (assuming Nike paid him more), Bowen, Smith jr, others still committed to these schools and were either game changers or going to be game changers before they were caught.

Reaction Score
Also just think if a guy like Chris Mullen was the head coach at a blue blood like Kansas or duke. He would’ve been outted paying players instantly!!!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think what’s interesting so far is the lack of concrete evidence against any of the big head coaches. Before the trial, I used to think all these coaches were 100% guilty of paying players, but now it’s starting to get a big iffy. It looks like the most damning thing is the call larranaga made, nothing really directly yet against self, Miller, even Pitino. Trial is just getting started of course though.

Either these coaches really had no involvement (doubt it) or they’re a lot better at covering their asses than I originally thought they would be (this is more likely I feel). Either way, the NCAA has got to do something, players like Preston, ayton (assuming Nike paid him more), Bowen, Smith jr, others still committed to these schools and were either game changers or going to be game changers before they were caught.

It's "iffy" on the paper trail only. That's by design. Head Coaches are as insulated as they can be against this stuff. Plausible deniability is job security.

And now with this trial, that's only going to become more the case. The gravy train sure ain't going away any time soon.

Reaction Score
Hadn’t seen this before (more context/explanation in Brush’s timeline):

Brush:”Good question: Former Adidas consultant Merl Code and aspiring sports agent Christian Dawkins are pitching a business plan to two people they think are investors, but who actually are FBI agents #HoopsTrial

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Can you see the halo?

Coach K going with the predictable 'pretend I'm not remotely involved strategy'. Probalby will work for him given most of the media.

Never heard of Heather Dinich, but I'm liking her already. Get 'im.

Reaction Score

But, but, Krzyzewski says college basketball is clean and he hasn't been affected by any cheating. ;)

"I think [college basketball] is actually pretty clean," he told ESPN on Monday.

"I really haven't followed it that much," Krzyzewski said about the trial during his team's media day press conference on Monday. "I think it's minute, it's a blip. It's not what's happening. ... We haven't lost guys because someone cheated. I haven't paid attention to it because I haven't been affected by it."

Coach K: College hoops 'actually pretty clean'

Reaction Score
But, but, Krzyzewski says college basketball is clean and he hasn't been affected by any cheating. ;)

"I think [college basketball] is actually pretty clean," he told ESPN on Monday.

"I really haven't followed it that much," Krzyzewski said about the trial during his team's media day press conference on Monday. "I think it's minute, it's a blip. It's not what's happening. ... We haven't lost guys because someone cheated. I haven't paid attention to it because I haven't been affected by it."

Coach K: College hoops 'actually pretty clean'
Sounds like K is getting nervous.

[Although I am sure he was shielded from everything. If I am Jeff Capel, I am not sleeping well.]

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom