CBB Trial | Page 6 | The Boneyard

CBB Trial

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
From the article:

The NCAA’s stated criteria for implementing the “repeat violator” legislation and enacting the so-called death penalty is straightforward.

“Following the announcement of a major case, a major violation occurs … within five years of the starting date of the penalty assessed in the first case,” NCAA documents read. “The second major case does not have to be in the same sport as the previous case to affect the second sport.”

In this case it isn’t just the same sport, men’s basketball, it’s the same coaching staff, Rick Pitino’s. And forget five years, Louisville didn’t make it five months.

The first, with the strippers and the prostitutes, occurred because of the direct actions of director of basketball operations Andre McGee, who was gone by the time the sanctions hit. This one, if true, would be the associate head coach.

Perhaps even worse for Louisville, this trial isn’t even half over. The prosecution has already stated, without details, that another assistant coach, Jordan Fair, paid $900 to a separate student athlete at an undisclosed time. It is also possible a secret recording of a meeting in Las Vegas may be introduced featuring Fair. That’s three separate members of Pitino’s staff that would be implicated.

Reaction Score
'How do these guys keep their jobs?' Major NCAA programs prepare for federal corruption trial fallout

Schools included in the initial set of charging documents in September 2017, and in subsequent superseding indictments, knew this day was coming: Arizona, N.C. State, Kansas, Maryland, Louisville, USC, Auburn and Miami. Others have been mentioned in testimony this week: Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Washington and Utah. More will follow. On Monday, Judge Lewis A. Kaplan mentioned LSU, Creighton, DePaul, Oklahoma State and Texas to jurors.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Kind of an aside, but topical. From one of the greatest snakes in all of college basketball:

"In 30 years as a head coach I have never had anyone ask me for money. I have never asked any shoe company to recruit for me. I have never asked anyone other than the family what is most important to you.’

LMAO

Reaction Score
I am not hopeful that anything other than a slap on the wrist by the NCAA will happen to any of these cheaters. After all they are not UConn who gets punished Twice for the same apr failing.

Reaction Score

it won't happen but it should definitely be on the table. the NCAA has been on record stating that they'll never issue it again because of what happened to SMU, but people and times change.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
it won't happen but it should definitely be on the table. the NCAA has been on record stating that they'll never issue it again because of what happened to SMU, but people and times change.

Yes but the ncaa is weaker than it used to be imo.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Kind of an aside, but topical. From one of the greatest snakes in all of college basketball:

"In 30 years as a head coach I have never had anyone ask me for money. I have never asked any shoe company to recruit for me. I have never asked anyone other than the family what is most important to you.’

LMAO

No he didn't give anyone money but he and the UNC administration gave away degrees to kids who didn't go to classes. That guy is scum, complete scum - Pitino like scum

Reaction Score
The pertinent question is will Self be available to coach.

>>As part of Adidas America’s so-called “Black Ops” division, T.J. Gassnola had been explicitly instructed by his bosses not to detail in writing any payouts to high school and college players on the company’s behalf. Adidas didn’t want any information out there that might find its way into a NCAA case, or presumably even a federal fraud trial like the one being held here in Lower Manhattan.

“A dark operation, underground [that] they don’t want anyone to know about,” testified Gassnola, a burly, goateed Massachusetts AAU coach that’s been described as Adidas’ “bag man.”<<

LOL... Black Ops Division... LOL.

Reaction Score

>>As part of Adidas America’s so-called “Black Ops” division, T.J. Gassnola had been explicitly instructed by his bosses not to detail in writing any payouts to high school and college players on the company’s behalf. Adidas didn’t want any information out there that might find its way into a NCAA case, or presumably even a federal fraud trial like the one being held here in Lower Manhattan.

“A dark operation, underground [that] they don’t want anyone to know about,” testified Gassnola, a burly, goateed Massachusetts AAU coach that’s been described as Adidas’ “bag man.”<<

LOL... Black Ops Division... LOL.

Where's calr when you need him

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I bet Miller is watching Gassnola and is just blown away by his ratting skills.

Big difference is the gov has Gassnola's balls to the chopping block. That's a very motivating situation.

Reaction Score
With all the (needed) Federal regulations applicable to withdrawing/depositing cash in/out banks, how are these companies appearing with this much cash without a bank or two raising an issue as to why publicly-traded companies are accessing the cash?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom