CBB Trial | Page 7 | The Boneyard

CBB Trial

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Kind of an aside, but topical. From one of the greatest snakes in all of college basketball:

"In 30 years as a head coach I have never had anyone ask me for money. I have never asked any shoe company to recruit for me. I have never asked anyone other than the family what is most important to you.’

LMAO

When the family said "money in important" I wonder how he responded?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I am not hopeful that anything other than a slap on the wrist by the NCAA will happen to any of these cheaters. After all they are not UConn who gets punished Twice for the same apr failing.
How about failure to create an atmosphere of compliance or some such crap they pulled on us for too many phone calls, etc.,

Reaction Score
Could Ieghon reopen with all this swirling around 'ville? Idk why any kid would take the chance at this point.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I mentioned a while back I knew TJ a little bit some years back.

He’s actually slimier than he comes off in his testimony. Which I know seems hard to believe...

Reaction Score
I'm reading all this and laughing for 2 reasons. One, will the NCAA really look at all this and do nothing? And two, I can't even imagine what would happen if they did this for college football. The numbers being thrown around in this trial would pale in comparison to what goes on in college football!

Reaction Score

1539278995028.png

Reaction Score
And two, I can't even imagine what would happen if they did this for college football. The numbers being thrown around in this trial would pale in comparison to what goes on in college football!
I’m not so sure about that. Football players, especially in college, don’t sell equipment/shoes. Kids going to Adidas schools wearing Adidas brand stuff, then who go on to the NBA, are huge indirect earners for these brands. Football players not so much

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm reading all this and laughing for 2 reasons. One, will the NCAA really look at all this and do nothing? And two, I can't even imagine what would happen if they did this for college football. The numbers being thrown around in this trial would pale in comparison to what goes on in college football!

SEC football alone likely funnels more money annually than all of MCBB countrywide.

I’m not so sure about that. Football players, especially in college, don’t sell equipment/shoes. Kids going to Adidas schools wearing Adidas brand stuff, then who go on to the NBA, are huge indirect earners for these brands. Football players not so much

Football boosters are absurd though. College football has so much more money/stakes involved in it that MCBB, and it's more popular on top of that. Kids get dropped 50k from booster without even thinking about it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The money for football recruits doesn't have to come from the apparel companies. It would be naive to think that there isn't a lot of money being thrown around in college football recruiting.

Reaction Score
SEC football alone likely funnels more money annually than all of MCBB countrywide.

Football boosters are absurd though. College football has so much more involved in it that MCBB, and it's more popular on top of that. Kids get dropped 50k from booster without even thinking about it.

The money for football recruits doesn't have to come from the apparel companies. It would be naive to think that there isn't a lot of money being thrown around in college football recruiting.

Right, the thing that’s different between Football and Basketball is that the payments are usually coming from individuals (I.e. boosters) rather than a systemic process being funded by the major international corporations (I.e. shoe companies).

Anyway, was someone actually arguing that there’s not being money thrown around in CFB??

Reaction Score
Football boosters are absurd though. College football has so much more money/stakes involved in it that MCBB, and it's more popular on top of that. Kids get dropped 50k from booster without even thinking about it.
Wasn’t thinking about that, I’m sure it’s crazy. Was moreso talking about corporations funneling money into schools on the down-low like this

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I've been so busy I havent been able to follow. Does someone have or can someone make a TLDR of what's come out so for?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
How many times has a Kansas player or two been suspended or ineligible for half/full season and nothing came of it?

Reaction Score

Most people in new england area are out of touch with how insanely serious people in the south- middle America take football. It's a way of life and as you say those uber rich boosters don't think twice about dropping $50k to get a stud player

Reaction Score
There is so much cash flowing through the HS-AAU-MBB system it reminds me of the cash being passed around during the Watergate era - simply unbelievable.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I've been so busy I havent been able to follow. Does someone have or can someone make a TLDR of what's come out so for?

This thread. Just skim through and read all the tweets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom