Catholic schools leaving this year, taking Big East name | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Catholic schools leaving this year, taking Big East name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Read some of the posts in this thread. Any goodwill in the name, The Big East, will be exhausted within three years. People'll see Big East Basketball on their channel guide, tune in, and get Providence vs. Creighton being billed as a national game, when in years past, they would have gotten actual powers schools. We live in a 24/7 world with a What-have-you-done-for-me-lately attitude. Shamefully the name is on its way to becoming incredible...and not in a good way.

In the end, I see Georgetown and Butler remaining relevent. Nova's stature will be the same as it has been (i.e. good years sprinkled in the rebuilding years), Marquette is not really focused on their athletic program and then you have SJU, PC, Depaul, and SHU will remain irrelevent.

Reaction Score
Who's everyone? The UCONN football program is a joke. Since football is all that matters, clearly the premise behind the eventual demise of the new UCONN-less Big East, why would anyone want UCONN?
How is UConn football a joke? Explain. Considering they've been Div 1 for what 9 or 10 years, they've done OK for themselves.

Reaction Score
Quite well. I'm just disappointed I won't get to watch you clowns melt down after your annual PC loss.
You know things have gone crazy when a fan of one of the most irrelevant college hoops programs in the last 20 years is coming here to talk smack.
The good news is now that his child-molesting conference is without us and Cuse and Pitt and Ville and ND, maybe his program can do OK.

Reaction Score
We just spent a week of NFL.com and ESPN repeating that UConn brings the talent. And it does, multiple players getting drafted and invited to the biggest events. I know you don't follow football because your school can't field a team, but the fact is, UConn produced more high level talent this year than hundreds of other D1 teams.

Hundreds? Apparently you don't follow football either since there are only 119 D1 programs out there. Hundreds? Hmmm.

Reaction Score
You do realize that the C7 had to add teams from the A-10 in order to make it a respectable basketball conference, right? The C-7 is three good programs and four perennial Big East bottom feeders.

How many teams do the Misfit 8 need to add to make it a respectable basketball conference? No matter, I'm sure the Big Ten is already drafting its invite for UCONN.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
LOL I love the annual (in this case, bi-annual) PC morons that come over to troll our board before our games. Priceless entertainment.

If we return everyone next year and we get SOMEONE in the paint that can grab a rebound or block a shot (Nolan/Brimah/Wolf), then we are legit title contenders. Even moronic PC fans can't ignore that.

I don't understand why PC fans they think they're entitled to preach about our program's demise when their's hasn't had a pulse in decades.

Reaction Score
PC actually put a smile on my face because they are so dumb. Here in Arizona even non Uconn fans know about Uconn and the three national championships. No one out here knows anything about PC except they have a histroy of being bad...

Reaction Score
Hundreds? Apparently you don't follow football either since there are only 119 D1 programs out there. Hundreds? Hmmm.
You really shouldn't be here. PEECEE has literally no relevance in any sport. I challenge you to list any post season accomplishments over the last 15 years. UConn has 3 national championships and 4 final 4 appearances in that span. Last I checked, a NC is the biggest prize of them all. In addition, our football program has multiple bowl wins and a BCS appearance after only having been D1 for only a short time. Oh, I forgot to mention that our soccer teams have also been a constant presence in the national spotlight for well over a decade. So please please please....I'm begging you to show me 1 redeeming quality of any PEECEE athletic program.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the women's BBall program. Rumor has it that they've done pretty well for themselves.

Reaction Score
How many teams do the Misfit 8 need to add to make it a respectable basketball conference? No matter, I'm sure the Big Ten is already drafting its invite for UCONN.

I didn't say Uconn was in a great basketball conference. The bottom half of our conference is atrocious. But so is the bottom half of yours.

Reaction Score
I didn't say Uconn was in a great basketball conference. The bottom half of our conference is atrocious. But so is the bottom half of yours.
Exactly. It's programs like PEECEE that bring down the class average.

caw

Reaction Score
Yea...I'm on the edge of my seat for next year's UCONN-Tulane matchup.

There will always be a market for good college basketball. We will will be in a conference that provides that. UCONN will likely not. Doesn't it piss you off when you're ugly schub ex is dating a doctor with a summer home on the Cape?

See the difference is, your team is the Tulane in this scenario. I'm looking forward to Georgetown-PC, Butler-PC, Marquette-PC...DePaul-PC.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yea...I'm on the edge of my seat for next year's UCONN-Tulane matchup.

There will always be a market for good college basketball. We will will be in a conference that provides that. UCONN will likely not. Doesn't it piss you off when you're ugly schub ex is dating a doctor with a summer home on the Cape?
I typically don't feed the trolls, but this guy makes it too easy...

THe difference between UConn and PC, is that PC is happy to be associated with a conference that fulfills the market for good college basketball. UConn is the team that provides it.

Reaction Score
I typically don't feed the trolls, but this guy makes it too easy...

THe difference between UConn and PC, is that PC is happy to be associated with a conference that fulfills the market for good college basketball. UConn is the team that provides it.

No doubt that UCONN has had a very successful run. The problem is that barring ND and Texas, TV contracts aren't given to individual schools, they are given to conferences. See, as good as UCONN has been, ESPN pays for games that require two teams. UCONN/Cuse, UCONN/Ville, UCONN/Gtown, even UCONN/PC due to it's penchant for upsets. When a worthwhile partner isn't available, the value of UCONN's "provided success" is greatly diminished.

Reaction Score
How did Ledo and Dunn work out for you???????????????????? And Austin is a thug who doesn't pass the ball. I've seen him play. Don't expect him to be anything great as your point guard.

Ah, Austin is a thug. That's why your board went into melt down mode when he chose PC

Recurring theme

LaFleur will never go to PC....now he's a stiff, we didn't want him
Dunn is ours....we didn't want him
Ledo is a Husky!...We ne er wanted a potential lottery pick anyway
Austin to Storrs...he's a thug, we don't want him

Reaction Score
We just spent a week of NFL.com and ESPN repeating that UConn brings the talent. And it does, multiple players getting drafted and invited to the biggest events. I know you don't follow football because your school can't field a team, but the fact is, UConn produced more high level talent this year than hundreds of other D1 teams.

Complete and utter BS

Reaction Score
Ah, Austin is a thug. That's why your board went into melt down mode when he chose PC

Recurring theme

Do you realize how weak this argument is?

Andre had no role going forward at UConn. It is clear ... and has been from JC's actions ... that Kevin Ollie was the one. That Glenn Miller & Hobbsie are more highly regarded. Your Associate HC was on the way.

If the other 3 make Lottery status, let me know? UConn had the most lottery picks to the NBA since 2006. It is more than one.

caw

Reaction Score

Recurring theme

LaFleur is a great assistant, but not better than any of UConn's current assistants.
Dunn...ask your own insiders how hard UConn went after him, they agree UConn didn't really
Ledo...has he played yet? Calhoun is averaging 11 per game. I think Ledo is still at zero
Austin, good win, Cooley pumped Ollie's contract situation to his advantage, not dirty but it won't be as easy going forward

D

Deleted member 3149

Recurring theme

Recurring theme- You miss out on the NCAA tournament. Unless 9 years in a row isn't recurring. Thoughts?

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Don't you have to accomplish something before you start bragging?

Reaction Score
I can't wait until March 1, 2014 when PC is a lock and UCONN, despite their 18-8 record will be battling the Misfit 9's weak RPI.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I can't wait until March 1, 2014 when PC is a lock and UCONN, despite their 18-8 record will be battling the Misfit 9's weak RPI.

Are you even old enough to remember the last time PC was a "lock"?

Reaction Score
We should probably give this guy a break- all this discussion of a NCAA tournament bids has him very confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom