Catholic schools leaving this year, taking Big East name | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Catholic schools leaving this year, taking Big East name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm sure they'll be fine. Recruits drool over the prospect of playing in front of a packed house at The UCF Arena - ironically named, The Dungeon

Does the Misfit 8 Tournament Champion get an automatic bid?
Things look beautiful for us. We're the most successful program of the past 15 years and we have a legitimate shot at a 4th title next year. Go away.

National title run next year? Who's being delusional?

Reaction Score
You're right. Recruits would probably rather go to Providence College with the opportunity to play for Ed Cooley at the Dunkin Donuts Center in downtown Providence. Did I mention they went to the final four in 1973 and 1987? Wasn't too long ago, was it?

The joke is on the catholic 7 when there becomes 4 super conferences, and the small private schools are left out because they are a financial LIABILITY. Post back here in 365 days, we'll see how the tables have turned.

Play in the DDC over Storrs? Ledo, Dunn and Austin did. That was when UConn was in the BE.

D

Deleted member 3149

Play in the DDC over Storrs? Ledo, Dunn and Austin did. That was when UConn was in the BE.

How did Ledo and Dunn work out for you???????????????????? And Austin is a thug who doesn't pass the ball. I've seen him play. Don't expect him to be anything great as your point guard.

Reaction Score
You're right. Recruits would probably rather go to Providence College with the opportunity to play for Ed Cooley at the Dunkin Donuts Center in downtown Providence. Did I mention they went to the final four in 1973 and 1987? Wasn't too long ago, was it?

The joke is on the catholic 7 when there becomes 4 super conferences, and the small private schools are left out because they are a financial LIABILITY. Post back here in 365 days, we'll see how the tables have turned.

Already on my my calendar. I always love visiting the boneyard and I can't even imagine how much fun it will be a year from now.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Are we still pretending that Ricardo Ledo had Big East options past Providence?

D

Deleted member 3149

Our starting lineup next year:

Shabazz Napier & Ryan Boatright- Best backcourt in the country. Both NBA players.
Omar Calhoun- Lights out shooter who literally doesn't miss. Remember when he went off at the DD center against you? Wasn't too long ago. Potential NBA player for sure.
DeAndre Daniels- A freak athlete 5 star recruit who is emerging into one of our best players. He'll go to the NBA after next season.
Kentan Facey/Amida Brimah/ Tyler Olander/Phil Nolan- Either one can start here. One word- DEPTH. Another word- HEIGHT

not to mention, we have incredible role players like Niels Giffey and Terrence Samuel coming off the bench. Niels has a national championship and is our best defender. Terrence is one of the top players in New York City and is in the running for the Mr. Basketball award.

SO.......I'm not delusional by any means. F-U very much.

Reaction Score
How did Ledo and Dunn work out for you???????????????????? And Austin is a thug who doesn't pass the ball. I've seen him play. Don't expect him to be anything great as your point guard.

Quite well. I'm just disappointed I won't get to watch you clowns melt down after your annual PC loss.

Reaction Score
I
I'm sure they'll be fine. Recruits drool over the prospect of playing in front of a packed house at The UCF Arena - ironically named, The Dungeon

It cracks me up that PC fans come on here to brag about conference affiliation. We all know you sure as heck can't talk about championships and results. We will land in a major conference soon enough. You have maxed out your dollars and Rutgers alone still makes as much as your entire conference.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Quite well. I'm just disappointed I won't get to watch you clowns melt down after your annual PC loss.
Yeah, those January losses really tore us up. Im not sure how we ever overcame them. Oh yeah, a pocket full of national championships while PC languished in the NIT. Advantage, UCONN.

D

Deleted member 3149

You're actually too dumb to argue with. Your team hasn't made the NCAA tournament since 2004, you have no ground to stand on.

Reaction Score

When is the last time you had a better season than UConn? Maybe 1 time in the last 25 years? Enjoy getting swept by us this year, and living off G-town instead of us moving forward.

Reaction Score

You do realize that teams that win 20+ games and then return every single important player the next year are usually awfully good, right? If Shabazz Napier comes back, Uconn will be ranked no worse than the 10-15 range in next year's preseason poll.

I know PC fans believe every year that Uconn is "this close" to falling off the cliff, but it sure as hell won't be next year.

D

Deleted member 3149

You do realize that teams that win 20+ games and then return every single important player the next year are usually awfully good, right? If Shabazz Napier comes back, Uconn will be ranked no worse than the 10-15 range in next year's preseason poll.

I know PC fans believe every year that Uconn is "this close" to falling off the cliff, but it won't be next year.

Ohhhh, NOW I see what the PC fan did. He must have put the loss of RJ Evans into consideration. Okay, okay....

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Let's see...would I rather be part of a hoops conference with Georgetown, Villanova, St. John's, Marquette, Providence, Seton Hall, DePaul, and oh yea...Xavier and Butler, or

A misfit, I'm not sure what I'm good at conference with UCONN, USF, Cincy, Tulane, Houston, Memphis, Central FL, SMU, Boise State, and San Diego...oh wait, didn't Boise State and SDSU already jump ship before their tenure even began?

You can spin it however you want, but UCONN is in a bad place and it's killing you buffoons that things are looking pretty good for the PeeCees and Johnnies of the C7.

Things are looking good for PC? You've been in the best basketball conference for the last 30 years, and have done nothing but **** all over yourselves.

There's no doubt Uconn's in an awful spot, but our basketball program becomes Memphis at absolute worst, which is far from a given, and that still means we're light years ahead of Providence.

Reaction Score
Already on my my calendar. I always love visiting the boneyard and I can't even imagine how much fun it will be a year from now.
You mean when Uconn is in the NCAA Tourney again and PC isn't (as usual)?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This makes absolutely no sense. As has been made abundantly clear during the whole conference realignment perception is reality. The name the big east will add value because it reminds people of basketball history (or at the very least it sticks it to the C-7, i mean this is like your grilfriend cheating on you and you giving her a nice long back rub because your best friend really worked her over hard, at a certain point there's just no need to be that cool about it makes you look weak). There is absolutely no reason to sell the name even if everyone that was in the conference leaves.

Disagree. Any goodwill in the name Big East will be used up within 3 seasons post-split.

It reminds me of the movie, Late Shift, about Leno and Letterman vying for Carson's Tonight Show. When Letterman final gets his break, Peter Lassally tells him he's not getting Carson's Tonight Show, it's used goods and he doesn't even get it now, he gets it 18 months from now.

This is how I see the Big East. The Butler, Creighton, et. al. is not getting the 1987 Big East (3 teams in the Final 4), or the 1996 Big East (3 1st team All-Americans in the same year). They aren't even getting the 2000's Big East (records for teams in the tournement from one conference), they are getting the C7 Big East. It's used goods.

Reaction Score
Let's see...would I rather be part of a hoops conference with Georgetown, Villanova, St. John's, Marquette, Providence, Seton Hall, DePaul, and oh yea...Xavier and Butler, or

A misfit, I'm not sure what I'm good at conference with UCONN, USF, Cincy, Tulane, Houston, Memphis, Central FL, SMU, Boise State, and San Diego...oh wait, didn't Boise State and SDSU already jump ship before their tenure even began?

You can spin it however you want, but UCONN is in a bad place and it's killing you buffoons that things are looking pretty good for the PeeCees and Johnnies of the C7.

You do realize that the C7 had to add teams from the A-10 in order to make it a respectable basketball conference, right? The C-7 is three good programs and four perennial Big East bottom feeders.

Reaction Score
Eventually, UConn will get into a major conference. Everybody knows this. For our "beloved" PC fans, what they have to worry about is UConn being part of a 4 or 5 league conference of between 64-80 teams that have both football & hoops in the repitore.
Those schools may very well split from the NCAA leaving the catholic schools to literally & figuratively play with themselves.
Bet on it. This will happen within the next 5-10 years.

Reaction Score

Admit it, you root for one of the aforementioned dregs. In prior years, you'd brag about your association with UConn, Syracuse and Louisville, while bottom feeding on scum. So the new conference is to your liking BECAUSE it feels so familiar.

Reaction Score
Eventually, UConn will get into a major conference. Everybody knows this.

Who's everyone? The UCONN football program is a joke. Since football is all that matters, clearly the premise behind the eventual demise of the new UCONN-less Big East, why would anyone want UCONN?

Reaction Score
This is how I see the Big East. The Butler, Creighton, et. al. is not getting the 1987 Big East (3 teams in the Final 4), or the 1996 Big East (3 1st team All-Americans in the same year). They aren't even getting the 2000's Big East (records for teams in the tournement from one conference), they are getting the C7 Big East. It's used goods.

Yea but what you're doing is using your brain to argue that the inherent value of something is gone. The name itself has history and it has value beyond a simple one time payment. At worst keeping it does nothing and we lose out on a some amount of money that will be split god knows how many ways. But if it does help in terms of perception it's well worth keeping, in particular, i think it's well worth keeping to simply not legitimize the C-7 as there is no logical reason for the big east to help a new conference.

Reaction Score
Who's everyone? The UCONN football program is a joke. Since football is all that matters, clearly the premise behind the eventual demise of the new UCONN-less Big East, why would anyone want UCONN?

We just spent a week of NFL.com and ESPN repeating that UConn brings the talent. And it does, multiple players getting drafted and invited to the biggest events. I know you don't follow football because your school can't field a team, but the fact is, UConn produced more high level talent this year than hundreds of other D1 teams.

Reaction Score

PEECEE Basketball is lucky to be even associated with a basketball conference. Aside from a handful of regular season upset wins over several seasons, your program literally has accomplished nothing and has very little, if anything, to be proud of. On top of it all, there's absolutely no reason to believe that PEECEE will all of the sudden get vaulted to National prominence. UConn has done far more this season with far less personnel than even the best teams of PEECEE's past and despite all the conference realignment, has a much more promising future that pretty much any of the C-7. It's almost as though we've been playing with one hand tied behind our back...and winning. Have fun sucking the toes of the rest of the bottom feeders while you stare up at all of your championship banners hanging from the rafters of that God-forsaken cock-fighting arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom