Catholic schools leaving this year, taking Big East name | The Boneyard

Catholic schools leaving this year, taking Big East name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I figured we had at least one more season to get acclimated to this crap...so much for that.

D

Deleted member 3149

Sooooo...... What conference does this put our name with? And no more big east tournament ever again? Weird.

Reaction Score
Don't worry guys. Aresco's got this. He's negotiating a tournament venue in Maine. All opening day games will have to end promptly at 7pm though because its in conflict with the Rockport Lobsterfest Ball at 8pm. Our championship game will be sold out and quite a sight to behold on Tuesday at 2pm. Get your tickets ASAP. 2000 seats sell out pretty quickly.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
C-11 plus Butler. When does UConn join?

This makes for another weird discussion. Who gets paid more? The Road Kill Conference Commissioner Mike Aresco or the C-12/Big East Commissioner Jeff Hathaway?

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

Reaction Score
Please let's not start the "get rid of football" shiat, Tranghese and Marinatto must be proud of what has transpired, this is what they couldn't see beyond.

Reaction Score
Don't blame trangese, this is on marinatto

No, it was Tranghese that added Depaul and Marquette instead of adding teams like Memphis and UCF to appease the bball schools. The lack of stability with football enabled the conference to get picked apart. This lies mostly with Tranghese, Marinatto was just an inadequate providence replacement to please the bball schools.

Reaction Score
You know thats really just another hit below the belt. Since we cant play in the Big East tournament this year, i thought we at least had next seasons BE tournament as the last one with all the rest of the originals at MSG. Now thats down the drain.

As much as it hurts, i will always be grateful that i finally got the chance to see us win the tournament in person back in 2011 when we beat Louisville...and the whole 5 games in 5 days just made it extra special. One of my earliest memories of UConn basketball is watching the 1996 championship game at home with my parents and after Ray hit the winning shot we all started cheering. Ive been to the tournament many times in the past including the 6 OT game but one thing i always wanted to see was UConn win it. The BE championship game in 2011 will be a night i will never forget.

Reaction Score
Sooooo...... What conference does this put our name with? And no more big east tournament ever again? Weird.

Pete Thamel (@SIPeteThamel)
2/28/13, 9:35 PM
Expect Memphis as the frontrunner location for the conference tournament of the Artist Formerly Known as the Big East.

Cripes...

image.jpg

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Expect Memphis as the frontrunner location for the conference tournament of the Artist Formerly Known as the Big East.

Cripes...

View attachment 2427
Hardly a surprise. We have effectively joined CUSA, that's where it holds its tourney. Unlike St. Johns, Memphis benefits from hosting it.

Reaction Score
NYC, Philly, Memphis, New Orleans, Dallas, Houston, move it the around!

Start it in NYC so UConn doesn't have to be exposed much to these other cities.

Reaction Score

Cripes...

View attachment 2427
Blues and BBQ down on Beale Street. Yahooo, here we come! Oh man, just shoot me right now. I'm praying every night that some conference saves UConn.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
We can only hope that the ACC gets raided soon.
No we hope that all the Big ten marketing executives wake up and see that UCONN owns the t.v. ratings for cbb in New England. Which includes two of the biggest markets in New York and Boston!!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It's wild to think of what UConn did as a banner school that propelled the BE through the years and then...this. Its like Dan Akyroyd in Trading Places. From the top of the class to picking dumpsters for food.

Reaction Score
By the way, Aresco must have been on the verge of getting fired from CBS. Why on earth did he leave that cushy job to step into this mess?

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
It's wild to think of what UConn did as a banner school that propelled the BE through the years and then...this. Its like Dan Akyroyd in Trading Places. From the top of the class to picking dumpsters for food.
But just like Dan we will end up back on top!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom