Calhoun Quotes on Hurley | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Calhoun Quotes on Hurley

Reaction Score
Thanks for confirming that's what you've been spreading.

Shameful.
You're so wrapped up in your anger that your sense of logic has disappeared

Curiouser
Reaction Score
While some of it certainly has not been confirmed, there's a lot of stuff that was 'behind the veil' that is now public knowledge (one simple example being KO's very real rift with JC). It is a win some, lose some game.
As I've said, the rift with JC is the most unforgivable transgression in my book.

Reaction Score
Smh at the second hand crap that’s allowed here. It has been spoken as Gospel truth by the same people for months, and repeated as such by countless others, and now confirmed to be car wash material.

There’s a reason for the hearsay rule.
You had to be drinking with him and under KO's bed for it to be true? You had to be eating linguine and clams when Pitino bent over crazy eyes for it to be true?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I’m a maverick.
mccain-02-4x3.jpg

Stairmaster??

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You're so wrapped up in your anger that your sense of logic has disappeared

Holy you have no self-awareness. I get that you're probably 14, but literally everything you post on this subject is animated by emotion, rumor, and what you've convinced yourself is true. And then you come at other people whose only crime is saying "let's pump the breaks on asserting as fact things that we don't know to be definitively true."

Reaction Score
Holy you have no self-awareness. I get that you're probably 14, but literally everything you post on this subject is animated by emotion, rumor, and what you've convinced yourself is true. And then you come at other people whose only crime is saying "let's pump the breaks on asserting as fact things that we don't know to be definitively true."
Well if we want to talk about anger and animated emotion you are the resident expert

Reaction Score
That may be one of the causes they are claiming. There are probably several others. Possibly neglect of duties. Possibly other things...perhaps behavioral issues. Look at clause iv in the piece of the contract @CL82 posted. My guess is that they didn't put all of their eggs in one basket, and probably have several examples that could constitute "cause" under his contract.

Everybody but you, including Ollie's lawyers given his lawsuit, seem to think UConn has a case, and a very good case. Ollie doesn't raise that ridiculous lawsuit arguing a Constitutional due process violation unless he knows they have cause, and that he's likely to lose in arbitration.
For the record, KO's attorneys have not filed a lawsuit. They wrote a letter describing how UConn failed to give KO due process among other claims.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
lol definitely august. it wouldn't be the first time. @ probably has the picture
That diet is doing wonders!

As to the subject at hand, if Pitt could settle with Stallings after initially claiming cause, then UConn and Ollie can settle too.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That diet is doing wonders!

As to the subject at hand, if Pitt could settle with Stallings after initially claiming cause, then UConn and Ollie can settle too.
It will be settled at some point, of that I am sure.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
C

Chief00

The FOIA is over the top. I counted Jim Calhoun’s name at least six times. I am sorry Kevin but Jim always put in a full day’s work. You used to do that, but then you didn’t. Perhaps, some of a head college coach/program leader’s tasks were just not in your wheelhouse? So you did not know how to approach or start them? You need to look in the mirror and accept ownership.

As to the letter it misrepresented KO’s contract. Made it seem it was only confined to major violations and soft peddled the other conduct stuff - which to me was what this was always about.

Last edited by a moderator:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
As I've said, the rift with JC is the most unforgivable transgression in my book.
That falling out was over Glen Miller’s firing.

Glen Miller and KO fell out over the handling of players two years ago unless you buy into the rumor he was fired over the loss of Diallo or Glen emphasized courses when recruits came for official visits and pushed KO into playing zone defense.

Unlike last season KO was a bear with players two years ago which people have conveniently forgotten. Glen tried to soothe things with players and KO perceived that as undermining his authority.

The AD had a talk with KO after that season and that plus the mass exodus resulted in KO doing a 180 in his handling of players last season.

The irony is those players two years ago would not buy into the importance of defense something JC insisted.

I’m not implying KO had no responsibility with events. He could have handled players better. On the other hand we’ll never know if anyone could have done better with that collective group. Although that won’t stop people from believing their conjecture is fact.

My conjecture is the divorce changed KO and he lost the ability to genuinely relate to his players the way he did the first few seasons as head coach. I hope he can regain that ability but UConn could not afford to wait if/until that happened .

We have hired a proven commodity with Hurley who has a long history of good relationships with players. And Hurley has hired a staff with a known ability to relate to players. Twenty four wins next season is not a pipe dream imo.

C

Chief00

That falling out was over Glen Miller’s firing.

Glen Miller and KO fell out over the handling of players two years ago unless you buy into the rumor he was fired over the loss of Diallo or Glen emphasized courses when recruits came for official visits and pushed KO into playing zone defense.

Unlike last season KO was a bear with players two years ago which people have conveniently forgotten. Glen tried to soothe things with players and KO perceived that as undermining his authority.

The AD had a talk with KO after that season and that plus the mass exodus resulted in KO doing a 180 in his handling of players last season.

The irony is those players two years ago would not buy into the importance of defense something JC insisted.

I’m not implying KO had no responsibility with events. He could have handled players better. On the other hand we’ll never know if anyone could have done better with that collective group. Although that won’t stop people from believing their conjecture is fact.

My conjecture is the divorce changed KO and he lost the ability to genuinely relate to his players the way he did the first few seasons as head coach. I hope he can regain that ability but UConn could not afford to wait if/until that happened .

We have hired a proven commodity with Hurley who has a long history of good relationships with players. And Hurley has hired a staff with a known ability to relate to players. Twenty four wins next season is not a pipe dream imo.

I agree about the handling of players. Although, the rift with JC started a long time before the Miller firing. It basically started when Jim in KO’s eyes got a little too much credit and attention as a result of the 2014 National Championship and KO’s ego was growing exponentially. He no longer wanted Jim at practices and telling KO his opinion on things. He wanted to be his own man, which would have been fine, but he underestimated the value of the cocooned Jim built around him his first two years.

#ChiefCertified

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom