Calhoun Quotes on Hurley | The Boneyard

Calhoun Quotes on Hurley

Reaction Score
Wow. That's about as damning as I've ever heard Calhoun be of one of his guys.

Things must have gotten really bad between him and Ollie.

I know there had been rumors, but is this the first time he's actually gone on record implying they didn't get along? I mean, if you want to call it an implication.

I'd be curious to know when their relationship soured and I also wonder half-jokingly if Ollie was actively trying to get himself fired with some of this stuff.

Reaction Score
It makes no sense to distance yourself from one of the most powerful / respected men in the sport of basketball, let alone in a state (CT) or even New England area that believes he is a deity.

Should be an interesting few chapters in KO's autobiography " Ten Toes in: My journey from Compton to the NBA"

Reaction Score
I’m not sure if it could matter, but maybe Calhoun shouldn’t be publicly saying that “change was needed and we made a change” instead of sticking to the script that Ollie was fired for NCAA violations?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I’m not sure if it could matter, but maybe Calhoun shouldn’t be publicly saying that “change was needed and we made a change” instead of sticking to the script that Ollie was fired for NCAA violations?
Bingo. He’s basically confirmed the narrative KO’s lawyers have framed.

Reaction Score
"But like anything else, change was needed, and we made a change."
I like the use of "we."

:D He truly means it, too. As in...him, himself, and Jim. The mechanics of it all (i.e., 'others involved in the decision') are just make believe window dressing....

Reaction Score
Why? The reason "change was needed" could as easily have been NCAA violations as poor on-court performance.

Good one...JC....thinking and lol..."saying".... that a coach should be replaced for NCAA violations.
I can see him saying that at a party, followed by two seconds of silence, and then everyone busting a gut in laughter....

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Why? The reason "change was needed" could as easily have been NCAA violations as poor on-court performance.
Yes. I’m sure.

Don’t get me wrong: I love JC, I think whatever Ollie did to distance him from the program is the most grievous offense he committed and would be cause in my book, and I am glad that JC is back in the fold.

But if I wanted to confirm that Ollie was fired for performance and not NCAA violations Calhoun’s deposition would be the first one I’d take, and I’m pretty confident that he wouldn’t attempt to support the construct you’ve suggested for a number of reasons.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Can anyone else see Calhoun in court going Colonel Jessup...adding on to the "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" rant with a bunch of eph bombs for good measure?
Yes. Exactly the image I have in mind. We’ve seen that movie before.

Reaction Score
Similar to @8893 post - it's an interesting point, but I can't imagine it's going to make a difference.
If Ollie committed NCAA infractions, thereby providing cause to UConn, he's not going to get out of that by saying, "they really fired me because I was sucking - take a look at Calhoun's comments." Benedict followed protocol. Only question that I see is whether we can prove any violations . . . shouldn't be too hard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom