C Nick Richards (UConn Offer) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

C Nick Richards (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My standard for special is a little higher and, perhaps, a lot higher. Maybe that is why you think you are special.

When recruits use, "he gets players into the league" as a reason/excuse for picking a team/coach, it is rarely, if EVER, Syracuse and Boeheim. You hear that excuse reserved for guys like the squid or coach K. Boeheim may be above average. That's nice but it doesn't make up for Syracuse being an armpit and Boeheim being an old man.

No one has produced more NBA Draft talent than Duke in the modern era

There are only 7 schools that have produced more NBA draft picks in the past 20 years than Cuse has. Cuse closed the gap with UConn by 1 this year.

Reaction Score
So you're confused about why Syracuse continues to recruit good players, and one of your pieces of "evidence" is an article about how Syracuse got a lighter penalty that expected, which seems like a great reason why Syracuse could continue to recruit good players. It must be so odd to have no ability to process information on even the most basic level.

Not to mention neither of these articles have anything to do with the topic we were discussing, Syracuse's ability to produce NBA draft picks, but I guess at this point even you have managed to figure out how idiotic it was to go down that path.
Oh, Napoleon, you poor tortured soul. Actually, the original topic was why a kid would choose syracuse. Those two links might give you a clue, or not.

Reaction Score
No one has produced more NBA Draft talent than Duke in the modern era

There are only 7 schools that have produced more NBA draft picks in the past 20 years than Cuse has. Cuse closed the gap with UConn by 1 this year.

These kids weren't alive 20 years ago and probably don't remember a damn thing about college basketball going back any farther than 10 years. But let's get this out of the way. Yes, Boeheim is above average at getting players into the league. My point WAS, and still is, that these kids don't view him like they do the squid or coach K in this regard. I don't recall a single recruit in the last decade or so say that they picked the cuse because of Boeheim's success in getting players into the league. Maybe they did and I don't remember hearing it because I detest the cuse. Still, he isn't viewed as an NBA prep machine like squiddy or K. Can't deny that. If Richards says that, well, perception is reality. Let's see wha happens.

Reaction Score
Oh, Napoleon, you poor tortured soul. Actually, the original topic was why a kid would choose syracuse. Those two links might give you a clue, or not.
I wasn't talking about the original topic, as I noted I was talking about the topic you and I were discussing.

And again, everyone but you already understands why kids would choose Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Devils advocate here...

Why would a recruit want to go to uconn? Storrs isnt exactly the nicest of places unless you like cows and cold winters, bad conference, we got hit harder than cuse with sanctions, up until a couple years ago we had a similar cranky old white guy coach, etc

4>1 is fun and all but a lot of the years in between we've struggled

Reaction Score
These kids weren't alive 20 years ago and probably don't remember a damn thing about college basketball going back any farther than 10 years. But let's get this out of the way. Yes, Boeheim is above average at getting players into the league. My point WAS, and still is, that these kids don't view him like they do the squid or coach K in this regard. I don't recall a single recruit in the last decade or so say that they picked the cuse because of Boeheim's success in getting players into the league. Maybe they did and I don't remember hearing it because I detest the cuse. Still, he isn't viewed as an NBA prep machine like squiddy or K. Can't deny that. If Richards says that, well, perception is reality. Let's see wha happens.

God what the duck are you talking about at this point?

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
to me Syracuse recruiting is simple. They have a HOF coach, they're in a big conference and they play in a huge arena.

UConn recruiting is a a young likeable coach who plays pro-style, he's got a ring, family atmosphere and history of winning

Reaction Score
I think our biggest sell is KO. Dude is charismatic as F.

More than that. He is young and energetic. He played in the league for many years and knows what it takes to succeed there. He mentored and is friends with KD and LeBron. He knows a TON of NBA people.

And while storrs may not be a hopping environment or a southern beach location, it isn't a dump like syracuse and the weather in cuse is much worse than than the already not so great storrs. The UConn campus is actually a nice rural campus.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
They play in the acc
They have a hof coach
They play in a famous arena
They have put many kids in the NBA
They get lots of exposure on ESPN
They get a good education

They aren't perfect, but there is some appeal to playing there.

Reaction Score
Good players go there. They get to play in front of a lot of fans for a HOF coach. He can recruit obviously.

Very few of them are well prepared for the NBA nor are they much better when they leave it would seem?

Reaction Score
Not sure how bold this is, but mark this down.

We will get one of Richards or Bamba

If Richards commits to cuse or Kentucky, Ollie will focus all his energy on Bamba.

is it kind of like the PG situation with Green or Trae going to UK or Duke and then leaving us with MAL or Waters?

Reaction Score
Now, now. We shouldn't be arguing with each other. We should be using that energy towards making nose picking cracks to syracuse fans on Reddit.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
The Scruggs video is really impressive. Nice player.

Scruggs is impressive. He looks like he has really nice court vision and great touch when passing ahead. He seems to finish very well and showed good form and results on his jumpers. He's listed at 6'4" or 6'5" and looks to handle contact well with his strength. Any sense of whether UConn has any real shot for him? He would go to my number one target for PG's if so.

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul