C Nick Richards (UConn Offer) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

C Nick Richards (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I would love to see Nick come to UConn. He seemed very athletic and mobile in earlier videos, with great potential.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Listed as the 5th-best performer at the Nike event that just took place in Georgia:

5. C/PF Nick Richards

Class of 2017, 6-11, 245

ESPN 60 rank: 12

Player comparison: Derrick Favors (Utah Jazz)

Richards rebounds and blocks shots as well or better than any prospect in the country regardless of class. He has great physical gifts and is a powerful finisher above the rim. The Kingston, Jamaica, native runs the floor like a deer and always makes his presence felt around the rim. He will need to continue to develop his scoring package and finish better in heavy traffic, but everything else is in place and just simply needs a little polish. Richards offer list currently includes Kentucky, Arizona, Syracuse, Connecticut, Indiana and Seton Hall.

Reaction Score
How great would it be to land this kid?
I feel like we have a good shot with him, should be at least in the conversation until the end. Obviously tough with Kentucky but don't think he's a priority for them

Reaction Score
How great would it be to land this kid?
we need to land a 5 star soon to keep pace, KO usually does sometime between may-july. Although the ditching of felon zach brown was a prescient move, it made us start from scratch with the class. MAL, one of the elite bigs ( Ike, richards) or diallo needs to happen soon before august. the roster is like half empty for 2017.

Reaction Score
So who is recruiting this kid for Cuse, Hopkins? It's basically KO vs. Hopkins right?

Let's go KO. get it done. Meet with the mother personally and this thing will be over and Cuse fans will get another bad taste of UConn in their mouths.

Reaction Score
Hate to say it, and don't take it any way other than an observation, but this kid would be perfect for the middle of the Cuse zone.

Reaction Score
Hate to say it, and don't take it any way other than an observation, but this kid would be perfect for the middle of the Cuse zone.
Going to Cuse is brilliant for a kid who can't play a lick of defense but can stand in one small area for 20 minutes a game. I'm sure the NBA scouts love seeing that too.
If this kid has any pride in his defensive abilities, he'll go to a man-to-man school - like real men.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I've heard it's us and cuse currently leading, Kentucky still present but not threatening unless they lose out on their top targets.

When I look around for UK interest in 2017 centers, I only see Nick Richards (on Verbal Commits, 247). Who would be considered ahead of Richards on their interest list? Any idea? Maybe Bamba and Ayton are seen as centers?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I would guess Wendell carter as well.
They've stopped recruiting him & have basically conceded him to Duke. He's expected to go there with Trent as something of a package deal.

Bamba, Ayton & Richards are UK's primary big man targets.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You know what's crazy, Richards might be better than bamba right now, but bamba has a higher ceiling. Who should be our priority?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
You know what's crazy, Richards might be better than bamba right now, but bamba has a higher ceiling. Who should be our priority?
Well, whoever signs first, of course! I would like Richards, as he would be a change of pace.

Reaction Score
Would a freshman Richards come to UConn and start right away over a junior Enoch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom