C Nick Richards (UConn Offer) | The Boneyard

C Nick Richards (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Starting to get some buzz, including a blurb on ESPN today, and has moved into the national Top 40.

He's a big, lanky, spring center who can jump out of the gym. 6-foot-10, 220 lbs. His AAU team is expressions elite, which features at least 2 guys (Tyrique Jones - 2016 PF and Jermaine Samuels - 2017 SF) we've offered.

I don't think we've offered Richards yet, but unless Zach Brown or Samuel Japhet-Mathias commits early, I bet we eventually do.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Already has offers from Kansas and UCLA. Something tells me we will be competing with even more of the big boys if we decide to get in on him.

Reaction Score
The guy who runs Expression Elite is usually heavily involved with the recruitment of his players. He likes Ollie a lot and in general is a fan of UConn. He did send AMD to NC St. though. I can see him being enamored with programs like Kansas and UCLA. His AAU program is relatively new and I'm sure he'd love to use the fact he sent a player to Kansas in his marketing of the program. We'll see.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
A nice blurb from Jerry. Its weird, I hate everything about Jon Rothstein , but I think there is a palpable buzz around our recruiting lately. Kids are talking about Connecticut in a different light then years past. Its cheesy and cliche, but UConn is cool again. Wow, did I really just say that. Go KO!

http:// /Bolt/UConn-working-2017-class-39433020
Link doesn't work

Reaction Score
A nice blurb from Jerry. Its weird, I hate everything about Jon Rothstein , but I think there is a palpable buzz around our recruiting lately. Kids are talking about Connecticut in a different light then years past. Its cheesy and cliche, but UConn is cool again. Wow, did I really just say that. Go KO!

http:// /Bolt/UConn-working-2017-class-39433020

Ollie doing work. That's the beauty of getting out of the gates early on '16, more time to put an emphasis on '17 now.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Love this. Any time you can get a top 40 kid on campus is amazing. The new facility must be leaving a lasting impression...not to mention Ollie being a Champion and the team having a very nice core.

Reaction Score
Any word on how his visit went?

I just noticed that he recently retweeted Finkelstein's tweet about SMU offering Hamidou. Anyone know if these kids are close friends or if either have legit interest in SMU?

Reaction Score
Any word on how his visit went?

I just noticed that he recently retweeted Finkelstein's tweet about SMU offering Hamidou. Anyone know if these kids are close friends or if either have legit interest in SMU?
It is common to retweet whenever a friend gets an offer

Reaction Score
“Syracuse offered me since last spring,” he said. “I’m really thankful for that and blessed. I just like that it’s close to home. My mom can visit any time she wants"

Queens NY to Storrs 135 miles

Queens NY to Syracuse 265 miles

Reaction Score
KO has seriously targeted the 3 top centers in 2017, two of them being heavily recruited. Very impressive.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Wonder if Facey might play a role. Two NYC guys who came in from Jamaica - could be an interesting angle

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Kentucky and UConn have already offered Richards, who recently took an unofficial to the UConn campus.

“Coach [Ollie] loved the talent level in our gym,” St. Pat’s coach Chris Chavannes said. “He said he will be back down and talked about Nick being a priority them.”

As for what Duke’s Capel said, Chavannes added: “They like Nick and will definitely be back to see more of him. They didn’t offer. He, like many, was impressed with the level of talent in the gym and was intrigued by [2017 forward] Bul [Ajang].”

Reaction Score
If we land Zach Brown, I'll get over Nick Richards in a second.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nick Richards Looking to Cut List Soon

Says uconn one of the school's recruiting him the hardest
Thanks for the post.

When a recruit makes a statement about UConn recruiting him the hardest I put as much credence in our propects as the crystal ball picks.
When a recruit says he has a hard something for UConn is when I start to think positively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom