Brimah Out 6-8 Weeks with Broken Finger | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Brimah Out 6-8 Weeks with Broken Finger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Would consistent full court pressure help mitigate our lack of an inside presence?

Reaction Score
Damn....hey lets keep a positive perspective here, he's not out for the season, and this will improve each players individual defense and instill good habits moving into March. We're not losing too much with rebounding so that's a plus. I'm really hoping this light a fire under Shonn Miller, we need 7-10 boards from him on a consistent basis moving forward for us to have a chance.

Teams are going to try and light us up on the offensive glass, which in some cases this season has already happened with Brimah in the lineup. Have to correct this moving forward and of course Shonn plays an integral role. It's very intriguing who will fill Brimah's role. I think Ollie will use a mixture of all three in Facey, Enoch & Phil depending on matchups. I think we'll see the most starting out of Phil, (experience/defensive footwork).

But man what a loss and a major hole in our defense now. I really don't see him missing more than a month. Heal up quickly Amidah!!!

Reaction Score
Well, this sucks.

Tough to replace his presence inside. Bench players will just have to step up.

Reaction Score
Our awful defense just got even worse, and the one thing we absolutely can't afford is to be even worse than we already are on defense. Brimah is the one guy who helps compensate for how horrible most of the players on this team are defensively (by blocking shots and being an intimidating presence in the paint).

I hate to say this, but I think we're in big trouble. I really hope I'm wrong.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
First, everyone saying 'the Brimah bashers get their wish', stop. You look stupid.

Second, throw Enoch out there and see what happens. He's a top-100 recruit...this should not be beyond him. We might be the better for it by the time March rolls around.

Reaction Score
First, everyone saying 'the Brimah bashers get their wish', stop. You look stupid.

There aren't many people who actually do not want Brimah at all, but they exist.

Reaction Score
Our awful defense just got even worse, and the one thing we absolutely can't afford is to be even worse than we already are on defense. Brimah is the one guy who helps compensate for how horrible most of the players on this team are defensively (by blocking shots and being an intimidating presence in the paint).

I hate to say this, but I think we're in big trouble. I really hope I'm wrong.

We have the #29 defense in kenpom.

Reaction Score
I agree bigs need to step up but my god the guards need to play some semblance of defense. Sagging off their men and allowing them to shoot virtually uncontested threes has to stop. I get that Lowell scored a lot of points in paint but it felt like almost all of their threes were uncontested.

C

Chief00

Second, throw Enoch out there and see what happens. He's a top-100 recruit...this should not be beyond him. We might be the better for it by the time March rolls around.

Agree it's Enoch's time. One thing the TV announcer pointed out last game - Enoch actually presents himself in the post and seals his man - the guards need to be aware of that and occasionally get him the ball. He gives them a good target.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Silver lining is that everyone will need to learn how to defend. If they do, March becomes a lot more promising assuming they win along the way. I don't want to here any excuses.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score

This is how I'm looking at it too. A win this weekend would go a long way though.

I hope they play Enoch a lot tomorrow and hope he gains confidence and adjusts to the college game a bit more on the defensive end.

Reaction Score
How much does the Committee account for injured players when determining bids?

Let's say we go 9-5 against a pretty soft schedule in Brimah's absence, but then go 6-1 down the stretch against good competition after he comes back.

Will we be given the benefit of the doubt, or will they just evaluate the overall record/numbers and decide our resume doesn't stack up?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Marcus White time for someone tobstep up.

Committee is supposed to mitigate an in-season injury if the player is healthy.

Very grey, shady area.

Reaction Score
There aren't many people who actually do not want Brimah at all, but they exist.

Name them please. Let's hear them Leebo? Not sure I've seen one anywhere but hey, dying to see those names so we can have a talk with them.

And what an assholic comment by "gb" Brimah bashers "get their wish" Really are you that stupid? #1 there are very few bashers per se, some just believe he has little less impact on the team as others while wishing there were more improvement. is that "bashing" really? #2 no one here that I know of think our Huskies are better without him for a full game never mind for 6-8 weeks. it's a big loss no doubt and will hurt, no way around that. The kids need to rally around each other and their coach and pick up the slack in many different ways.

Figured there would be some heroes though coming out with this crap. Congrats for looking really lame!

C

Chief00

Marcus White time for someone tobstep up.

Committee is supposed to mitigate an in-season injury if the player is healthy.

Very grey, shady area.

In basketball, committees seldom win championship - focus on developing your biggest upside players.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I was going to suggest this but I didn't want to discourage people from picking on Mau specifically. That's still cool, right?

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Every team your on or a fan of is gonna have to deal with at least one wtf injury for the season. If this is our draw for the season , I'll take it and run.
He'll at least be back and we do have Enoch, Nolan and Facey.

Reaction Score

I would've completely agreed with you if you said this before Sunday at 3:59. Then I watched the UML game. Maybe a fluke, but he was the one person on the team that definitely should not have taken that game off.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
We're better off in the long run, team will be forced to play better d, Adams and Gibbs will get more time on the court together. Brimah will be what he is when he gets back. I think it means a few more losses and hopefully an overall better team in March.

Not.
Better.
Off.
In any run, long or short.

That whole 'addition by subtraction' thing people talk about is really just BS. Enoch hasn't shown that he's close to ready, Phil is Phil, and as much as I like Facey, he ain't enough to make up for Amida.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm bummed for Brimah. I'm sure he doesn't read the boards, but I'll add my best wishes for him to get well soon.

Great opportunity for the rest of the team to step up. Great opportunity for Ollie to use his coaching acumen to come up with a new game plan. Great chance for the newbies to grow in leaps and bounds. And a great opportunity for fans to be patient as we stumble thru probably long stretches of games and also probably lose a few we think we should have won...

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Not.
Better.
Off.
In any run, long or short.

That whole 'addition by subtraction' thing people talk about is really just BS. Enoch hasn't shown that he's close to ready, Phil is Phil, and as much as I like Facey, he ain't enough to make up for Amida.
You misunderstand the point. It's not addition by subtraction, it's that everyone now will have to improve to accommodate for the significant loss, particularly on the defensive perimeter, which hopefully strengthens a weakness and is later complimented by the return of Brimah in the paint. It will hasten the development of both our freshman. We are far more at risk to lose basketball games without Brimah but many on the board would agree he's become a crutch of sorts to bail out bad on ball defense. We have to learn to stand without the crutch now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom