Brimah Out 6-8 Weeks with Broken Finger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I twice cut my finger opening a faulty PBR can. :(

Reaction Score
Agree it's Enoch's time. One thing the TV announcer pointed out last game - Enoch actually presents himself in the post and seals his man - the guards need to be aware of that and occasionally get him the ball. He gives them a good target.
The problem isn't on the offensive end. It's defensively. He just isn't a liability he really has no clue.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Should be an interesting next few weeks. I say 3-4 guard lineup.

If 06' Nova can go 28-5 with Mike Nardi logging 30+ minutes, then we can go 15-0 in the next 2 months.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't see why he can't play with one of those JPP clubs on his hand.

Hell, just cut off the finger. Doesnt seem to bother JPP that much. Only thing he can't do is play xbox.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Time for the team to step up. No eraser for 6-8 weeks. 10 toes in every game. Great opportunity for Enoch, Facey and Phil.
Brimah back in prime time for the run. Will also strengthen next year's team with the added playing time for Enoch and Facey.
Rise to the adversity like the Huskies of NC years. All in.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
How do you break a finger in basketball? Had mine jammed (damn near the same thing) but breaking fingers seems rare.

I've broken two. (And a lot of jams actually result in hairline fractures that people can and do ignore.)

One time was a really bad jam. The other time I swiped for the ball, and my pinky hit a guy's torso at exactly the wrong angle, and almost took the damn thing straight off. Ripped the webbing and broke the 5th metacarpal. Gnarly.

Reaction Score
I've broken two. (And a lot of jams actually result in hairline fractures that people can and do ignore.)

One time was a really bad jam. The other time I swiped for the ball, and my pinky hit a guy's torso at exactly the wrong angle, and almost took the damn thing straight off. Ripped the webbing and broke the 5th metacarpal. Gnarly.
Broke 6 fingers different times playing football in school. Jammed many times playing bball.

I have a scary feeling I'll be reminded of that (daily) when I turn 65.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Broke 6 fingers different times playing football in school. Jammed many times playing bball.

Seriously. That same pinky I previously had shattered playing softball, in another freak injury (line drive broke both the top and middle knuckles). Surgery, rehab, rinse, repeat. I've had more pins in my hand than a bowling alley. And as for my index finger, I elected not to have surgery on it, but it was in a splint for a while and it will always be stiff. I already feel like I have arthritis. It's a good deterrent against fighting; I think my hand would disintegrate if I landed a punch.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Yep, compound fracture of the side of my hand when I got hit by a Chevy Camaro while biking. Broke my fall with the hand. I wa 40 when it happened and I am 64 now and when it rains (which it does every day here on the outer Cape) I can't push off with the hand due to arthritis. That why I head to Flrida come New Year's Day!!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Brimah, a junior, had started 44 consecutive games, and played in 83 in a row before missing the game last Sunday. Now he will be out for several of the Huskies' most important games of the season, including the road game at Texas on Dec. 29, the matchup with Georgetown Jan. 23, and key AAC games against Cincinnati Jan. 28, Southern Methodist on Feb. 18, and two against Tulsa.

Let's see how well we do in the paint against these guys. Im sure the trolls and the brimah haters love it

Reaction Score
Brimah, a junior, had started 44 consecutive games, and played in 83 in a row before missing the game last Sunday. Now he will be out for several of the Huskies' most important games of the season, including the road game at Texas on Dec. 29, the matchup with Georgetown Jan. 23, and key AAC games against Cincinnati Jan. 28, Southern Methodist on Feb. 18, and two against Tulsa.

Let's see how well we do in the paint against these guys. Im sure the trolls and the brimah haters love it

Didn't you already post this? Not sure who the "haters and trolls" are but hey, good for you to have a bug up your a**. If we get W's out of it more power to you.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Obviously this stinks for AB and the team. Hopefully the guards can step up and play better perimeter defense. Phil has been there before and can be counted on for a solid 20 min/game. Let's see if KO an exploit the small ball situation as well. Going small will allow Adams to play more minutes which is a good thing. Miller needs to avoid those ticky tack fouls as he'll be more important on the defensive side now. I feel as if Facey is almost ready to burst out (ala Hilton?). Let's see what happens. Like KO said, let's hope this presents an opportunity for everyone else to tighten up and improve, as we'll definately need AB back for March.

Reaction Score
Obviously this stinks for AB and the team. Hopefully the guards can step up and play better perimeter defense. Phil has been there before and can be counted on for a solid 20 min/game. Let's see if KO an exploit the small ball situation as well. Going small will allow Adams to play more minutes which is a good thing. Miller needs to avoid those ticky tack fouls as he'll be more important on the defensive side now. I feel as if Facey is almost ready to burst out (ala Hilton?). Let's see what happens. Like KO said, let's hope this presents an opportunity for everyone else to tighten up and improve.

So right on the Miller tricky tack fouls. He reached the other night for his 4th and immediately looked frustrated with himself for the stupidity. It's not like they wouldn't have called these in the Ivy League so I'm not sure what his issue is. Move your feet and guard people Shonn need you to play 30 minutes now.

Reaction Score
Gotta hold things together long enough for him to get back! Could be a good time for the rest of the team to learn to play tighter defense instead of relying on Amida. Which would make us alot better when he gets back. I'm hoping it works out for us. We are definitely going to have a tough time adjusting though imo.

Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What the what?!? We have zero idea of what actually happened in practice, yet you're blaming the trainers for not taping his fingers enough? Seriously? #peakboneyard
Wait, you and @BUHusky10 aren't the same guy?

Reaction Score
Didn't you already post this? Not sure who the "haters and trolls" are but hey, good for you to have a bug up your a**. If we get W's out of it more power to you.
This seems like an excellent opportunity to thin the herd. Relishing an injury to say 'I told you so' and looking forward to 'nyah nyahs' that will only come from UConn defensive struggles in basketball games is begging to be ignored

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sign me up for the Phil to start, Kentan first off the bench and Steve getting increasing minutes. Just throwing Steve out there and hoping for the best doesn't help him to develop him in my view. I'd like to add some small ball with Miller as our sole big but I'm worried about mismatches causing him to foul.

Reaction Score
I don't think using a 3 guard lineup will yield long term success, especially against good competition. yes it can be used throughout the game but we need a rim protector out there for the majority of the minutes. Take the Maryland game for example, we used Enoch when brimah was in foul trouble to neutralize stone. You just can't go without a center for extended minutes against a solid team. We all saw what happened to the defense with Brimah out against umass Lowell (yes, umass Lowell!). We are going to see a lot of more Steve and Nolan thank we think moving forward.

Reaction Score
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article8415453.html
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/62729/tonye-jekiri

Jekiri is a good story at Miami. He really developed over the course of his 4 years.

Brimah hit 1 of the biggest shots ever in the history of our program. No one is rooting harder for him than me to recover and try his best to continue his development on the court.

One of the nicest kids you will ever meet.

He is the type of player I expected. Very good story and Ab can be this guy.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Wait, you and @BUHusky10 aren't the same guy?
Nope. I've been around for quite a few years. From Rivals to Scout to here. @BUHusky10 is a young pup. You're not the first (and won't be the last) to get us confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom