Brimah Out 6-8 Weeks with Broken Finger | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Brimah Out 6-8 Weeks with Broken Finger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Damn is it definitely 6-8 weeks I could see Brimah coming back in 4 weeks I picture his as that guy who could come back earlier not that I want him to rush back at all, maybe put a cast on it and just block shots.

Reaction Score
The idea that we should throw enoch out there is laughable, it should not be beyond him? He has looked completely lost when he hits the floor. I'm guessing Nolan starts and facey takes on a bigger role .

Reaction Score
How do you break a finger in basketball? Had mine jammed (damn near the same thing) but breaking fingers seems rare.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
The idea that we should throw enoch out there is laughable, it should not be beyond him? He has looked completely lost when he hits the floor. I'm guessing Nolan starts and facey takes on a bigger role .
All 3 of them will obviously see more minutes, but Enoch has the highest ceiling so it makes sense to try and develop him on a faster track than planned now. Facey is a good offensive rebounder and he's agile, but he isn't going to be someone who deters teams from working us inside. Can't have Nolan as the only center on your team.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
You misunderstand the point.

I got your point. I just don't agree with it. I think the odds of our perimeter defense improving in Brimah's absence are slim , and it is just as likely to damage the confidence of those freshman as it is to spur faster/greater development.

Reaction Score
I got your point. I just don't agree with it. I think the odds of our perimeter defense improving in Brimah's absence are slim , and it is just as likely to damage the confidence of those freshman as it is to spur faster/greater development.

Key here is no one has a choice. We'll see.

Reaction Score
How do you break a finger in basketball? Had mine jammed (damn near the same thing) but breaking fingers seems rare.

May not hear why. He hurt his hand during the MD game with that goal tend when he hit the backboard. And we know his hands aren't great so a pass with the fingers out? Who knows but 6-8 weeks isn't mild for sure.

Reaction Score
Kitaman said:

Basically, you jam it really hard (sounds facetious - but that's all it takes). I've seen it happen with shot blockers on the follow through hitting their hand on someone's shoulder when their finger takes the brunt of the impact at an awkward angle. Guards can do it reaching in and jamming it hard against an elbow or forearm. You can do it going up and hitting the bottom of the backboard or the bottom of the rim or in a scrum diving for a loose ball with your fingers extended. I actually broke my metacarpal once playing pick up just trying to brace my fall and having two of my fingers split on the floor to create a wishbone effect, but that's probably an unusual way to do it.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
May not hear why. He hurt his hand during the MD game with that goal tend when he hit the backboard. And we know his hands aren't great so a pass with the fingers out? Who knows but 6-8 weeks isn't mild for sure.
He's getting surgery tomorrow, so it's definitely not mild. His timetable really depends on how quickly the swelling subsides.

Reaction Score
Basically, you jam it really hard (sounds facetious - but that's all it takes). I've seen it happen with shot blockers on the follow through hitting their hand on someone's shoulder when their finger takes the brunt of the impact at an awkward angle. Guards can do it reaching in and jamming it hard against an elbow or forearm. You can do it going up and hitting the bottom of the backboard or the bottom of the rim or in a scrum diving for a loose ball with your fingers extended. I actually broke my metacarpal once playing pick up just trying to brace my fall and having two of my fingers split on the floor to create a wishbone effect, but that's probably an unusual way to do it.

The reach in was easy to jam fingers, did it all the time your fingers eventually heal faster after multiple jams believe it or not. He has been caught under the basket a few times too with the net becoming an issue going up to block I've seen it and if he got it caught in that on the way down could be ugly. Nonetheless it's not good, hope the young man heals well and fast.

H

huskymagic

This is horrible news for the team. Hope Amida gets well soon as in 2-3 weeks and not 4-6. Nolan should not be starting at all going forward as he is done. Facey should start at center as he brings some energy, athleticism, and rebounding that we desperately need. Enoch and Nolan can come off the bench for either Facey or Miller. Ollie's small ball lineup won't work with Gibbs Adams Purvis and Hamilton starting. There are too many interchangeable zeroes on defense to hide not to mention Miller on defense. Going small will only have some effect if Omar is playing alongside Purvis and Jalen.

Lineup without Brimah: Jalen, Purvis, Hamilton, Miller, and Facey
Bench: Omar, Sterling, Enoch, Nolan

Reaction Score
Name them please. Let's hear them Leebo? Not sure I've seen one anywhere but hey, dying to see those names so we can have a talk with them.

And what an assholic comment by "gb" Brimah bashers "get their wish" Really are you that stupid? #1 there are very few bashers per se, some just believe he has little less impact on the team as others while wishing there were more improvement. is that "bashing" really? #2 no one here that I know of think our Huskies are better without him for a full game never mind for 6-8 weeks. it's a big loss no doubt and will hurt, no way around that. The kids need to rally around each other and their coach and pick up the slack in many different ways.

Figured there would be some heroes though coming out with this crap. Congrats for looking really lame!

We literally had someone get banned for their Brimah nonsense. On my phone at the moment and forget his name. He's not alone in not wanting him though.

Reaction Score
Enoch should definitely get his chance to shine but I still think you start Facey. Gibbs, Purvis, JCDH, Miller and Facey. I've wanted Facey to start over Brimah for a few weeks now to avoid the sluggish starts. He deserves it over Nolan and Enoch right now. Give Enoch 15-25 minutes though, depending on his place that given night.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I heard on WTIC, he caught it on another players jersey.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
This is just a rumor so don't hold me to it, but I heard that doctor's will be performing a double hand transplant. There could be a silver lining to this injury. Joking, joking.

What was the man doing? First he busts a nut then a finger? Coincidence?

Reaction Score
Well we have an experience Center who started on a Championship Team, and has a ring.
Also we are experienced being a donut team (Tyler, Chuck, Phil), with good results.

The sky may be dark but its not falling. Thank goodness this is temporary.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Too much finger waving after shot blocks. I say amputate the damn thing! Take one for the team!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I was going to suggest this but I didn't want to discourage people from picking on Mau specifically. That's still cool, right?

Wait....you make fun of him for a specific reason?

Brimah was four years old and in Ghana when I started making fun of him.

Reaction Score

I broke my thumb (proximal phalanx) playing basketball. It's brutal. I've jammed many fingers and I knew it was much worse once it happened. I broke it while in help D. Guy was driving and I didn't step in for charge (lazy D I know)....I swiped for the ball instead. Pain was immediate and brutal, and I luckily had no ligament damage. Still required surgery.

Reaction Score
My silver-lining pipe dream hope perhaps irrational rationalization... By playing without Amida, perhaps we'll get back (start?) playing tough perimeter defense again. Having a shot blocker/rim protector is a wonderful thing. But sometimes, defenders will over play knowing that they have someone back there to potential erase the shot. That's usually a good thing. However, Amida has a habit of trying to block everything and our other post players are pretty hideous at defensive rotations putting everyone out of position defensively and on the boards. Maybe we'll become a better defensive team b/c we don't have someone back there? My other way of looking at it is that we won two championships in the last 5 years without a true shot blocker. Yes, Amida was on one of those teams, but he was pretty much a non-factor defensively in the tourney. Those teams played unreal balls on balls defense. In fact, in all of our years being this shot-blocking behemoth, we only won one title and that team (04) was ridiculous.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
broke mine playing BBall - a pass caught me square on the tip of my left index finger - compound fracture - surgery with pin inserted - that finger is now about 1" shorter than the right index
Not a pleasant time - huge cast - can't remember recovery time but minimum of 4 weeks sounds right
It sucks but does give PN, SE and KF some time to work on their games and thus the team gets stronger BUT I hope it doesn't dig the team in too big or a hole with losses.

Reaction Score
Would like to see more of Facey and it seems likely. Going athletic. It's just too soon to expect a lot out of Enoch though I'm sure he'll see some minutes and a lot more action in practices won't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom