2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
How do you guys know how much all these players make?
I don’t know how much every player makes. But if you’re a CBB sicko with your eyes and ears in lots of places, you’ll find pretty substantiated rumors sometimes.

If you’re asking if I’ve seen these players NIL contracts directly, of course not. Everything is rumors and speculation at the end of the day.

Reaction Score
Look at how much time and effort the staff has put into Mullins. Very clearly he is a massive recruit for UCONN. That tells me they won't quite Match IU dollar for dollar but they do feel he is important enough to raise their offer.
I think it’s what the kid wants and his parents go along with that. At the same time it’s gonna be really hard for Mullins to say no to easily the best coaching staff in the country, regardless of NIL. If the parents also say they want the best coaching staff for their son, then he’s coming here. Heck, his parents could rent a place around here with all that NIL money, during basketball season. It’s been done before many times.

Reaction Score
I think it’s what the kid wants and his parents go along with that. At the same time it’s gonna be really hard for Mullins to say no to easily the best coaching staff in the country, regardless of NIL. If the parents also say they want the best coaching staff for their son, then he’s coming here. Heck, his parents could rent a place around here with all that NIL money, during basketball season. It’s been done before many times.
The Mullins recruitment stands as a true test to the current power of the UConn brand given the pros/cons differ so significantly between the two schools. Braylon seems like a very smart and level headed kid based on what I’ve seen so far, which makes it that much more interesting to see how this one lands.

Separately it looks like the suitors continue to line up for Reibe. Another interesting recruitment given the scarcity of the position and the varying compelling stories amongst those courting.

Reaction Score
The Mullins recruitment stands as a true test to the current power of the UConn brand given the pros/cons differ so significantly between the two schools. Braylon seems like a very smart and level headed kid based on what I’ve seen so far, which makes it that much more interesting to see how this one lands.

Separately it looks like the suitors continue to line up for Reibe. Another interesting recruitment given the scarcity of the position and the varying compelling stories amongst those courting.

Don't think he has officially named a final 5 but these 5 seem to be it. From what I remember, he's at a camp (with Mullins) this weekend and has his Oregon visit next weekend, and will make a decision after that. Creighton is obviously ALL over him...but I have a hard time seeing him going there. I'm sure Oregon will try to wow him...but not sure I see him going all the way across the country either. Ultimately, I'm betting this comes down to us and Kansas.

Reaction Score
Look at how much time and effort the staff has put into Mullins. Very clearly he is a massive recruit for UCONN. That tells me they won't quite Match IU dollar for dollar but they do feel he is important enough to raise their offer.
I’ll use SuperJohns question
How do you know “they feel he is important enough to raise their offer”?

awy

Reaction Score
at some point the kid has to make the final call, and if he's a serious basketball player he's gotta find the basketball level connection with our coaches important and take up the challenge.

Reaction Score
at some point the kid has to make the final call, and if he's a serious basketball player he's gotta find the basketball level connection with our coaches important and take up the challenge.
Go back to the earlier convo about value of UConn prep to the NBA draft position, while not easy to value, data is there to make an educated guess

Reaction Score
I’ll use SuperJohns question
How do you know “they feel he is important enough to raise their offer”?
You ask the question, if we get to x$ will you take it? If answer is yes take it back to the incubator and see if it’s worth it, weighing all variables of impact. If it’s a no, put your best offer out, cross the fingers and get active on the backup plan.

As for Reibe, not so sure on Creighton. They’ve been in it the longest and have a clear transition from a name brand center in Kalk. Not sure they’d still he so aggressive at this point if they didn’t feel like they had a chance. Still feels like Kansas and UConn to me. Someone mentioned quality of biz school is a factor, which really makes me wonder about how some of these fan bases contrive narratives to favor themselves.

awy

Reaction Score
IU's business school is actually the highest ranked out of reibe's suitors, but they don't run the basketball program. maybe they should bring their sports analytics people in there.

Reaction Score
Someone mentioned quality of biz school is a factor, which really makes me wonder about how some of these fan bases contrive narratives to favor themselves.
It's not a fan contrived narrative, it's a direct quote from Reibe after his Kansas visit.

“(I want) a school where I can play immediately and get minutes as a freshman,” he said. “Where I can develop into an NBA type-talent. Obviously, academics plays a role. I want to go to business school. … My connection to players — how I vibe with them and connect with them on and off the court.”

Reaction Score
It's not a fan contrived narrative, it's a direct quote from Reibe after his Kansas visit.

“(I want) a school where I can play immediately and get minutes as a freshman,” he said. “Where I can develop into an NBA type-talent. Obviously, academics plays a role. I want to go to business school. … My connection to players — how I vibe with them and connect with them on and off the court.”
I’m sure he can enlist in a top MBA program after he’s made a few mill in the NBA. I have a really hard time thinking the business school quality is a major factor when considering the financial impact of the best decision today. The extra millions he makes can set him up professionally for life after hoops to give him plenty of flexibility.

Goal for him right now should be seizing the opportunity of his current advantages, being young, 7ft tall and good at basketball.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I don’t know how much every player makes. But if you’re a CBB sicko with your eyes and ears in lots of places, you’ll find pretty substantiated rumors sometimes.

If you’re asking if I’ve seen these players NIL contracts directly, of course not. Everything is rumors and speculation at the end of the day.
With everything being "rumor and speculation", it's probably best to avoid claims like, "there is no chance", and "I know the market rate". Unless you have better sources than others in here ( and if you do, let us know and keep sharing) you're just using existing info to make definitive claims while others hedge their bets...

Reaction Score
Don't think he has officially named a final 5 but these 5 seem to be it. From what I remember, he's at a camp (with Mullins) this weekend and has his Oregon visit next weekend, and will make a decision after that. Creighton is obviously ALL over him...but I have a hard time seeing him going there. I'm sure Oregon will try to wow him...but not sure I see him going all the way across the country either. Ultimately, I'm betting this comes down to us and Kansas.
If they hit it off at that camp, maybe they’ll be a visit cancellation. :oops::eek::mad:Head bang

:p:p:p:p:p

Reaction Score
If they hit it off at that camp, maybe they’ll be a visit cancellation. :oops::eek::mad:Head bang

:p:p:p:p:p
Spent a whole weekend with Mullins on last weekends IU visit. They likely know if they like each other at this point :). Could see that working in our favor in some ways, not sure if they had a chance to pull off for any side convos from that IU shiv Sisler.

Reaction Score
I’m sure he can enlist in a top MBA program after he’s made a few mill in the NBA. I have a really hard time thinking the business school quality is a major factor when considering the financial impact of the best decision today. The extra millions he makes can set him up professionally for life after hoops to give him plenty of flexibility.

Goal for him right now should be seizing the opportunity of his current advantages, being young, 7ft tall and good at basketball.
I feel bad for anyone who felt inclined to go get an MBA after making millions of dollars... especially if their previous work experience is "played basketball"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom