2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline

Reaction Score
Can someone with the info give us a 35,000 foot view without screenshotting it and getting Tom upset with the copyright infringement?
There are prominent people in his camp pushing both UConn and Indiana. No decision yet. Playing time is a bit of a concern at UConn, but he likes Hurley, the system, and the winning. He would love to stay home, but one of the reasons he's concerned is that he's afraid of Woodson getting fired and the style of play.

The recruitment will probably go quiet for a bit (his family said previously they'd take a 2 week break to think on it).

Reaction Score
He would love to stay home, but one of the reasons he's concerned is that he's afraid of Woodson getting fired and the style of play.
I wonder why they never seriously considered Purdue? Would seem to be a safer stay home option than Indiana.

Reaction Score
There are prominent people in his camp pushing both UConn and Indiana. No decision yet. Playing time is a bit of a concern at UConn, but he likes Hurley, the system, and the winning. He would love to stay home, but one of the reasons he's concerned is that he's afraid of Woodson getting fired and the style of play.

The recruitment will probably go quiet for a bit (his family said previously they'd take a 2 week break to think on it).
Great info thank you!

Reaction Score

That lays it out pretty well. In his shoes I imagine it is a very tough decision.

Except if Hurley is telling him that he could be a one-and-done, I am going to guess they imagine him getting plenty of playing time (and coming off the bench worked out okay for Reed Sheppard, so you don't have to go back all that far to imagine a positive scenario).

Reaction Score
I’ll use SuperJohns question
How do you know “they feel he is important enough to raise their offer”?
I obviously have no inside information. However, by all accounts, he is a very high priority recruit and they have spent very significant time resources on him. I would think that this would indicate they they would willing and able to increase their offer to lessen the gap with IU. Would thetvreally let a few hundred K keep them from getting the player? I think not.
I didn't say match IU offer but just lessen the difference. JMO

Reaction Score
I obviously have no inside information. However, by all accounts, he is a very high priority recruit and they have spent very significant time resources on him. I would think that this would indicate they they would willing and able to increase their offer to lessen the gap with IU. Would thetvreally let a few hundred K keep them from getting the player? I think not.
I didn't say match IU offer but just lessen the difference. JMO
It is not about a few hundred thousand, the issue is treating all the players fairly. If mcneeley got 750 should mullins get more? Should he get more than karaban got to stay? If he gets more do the existing players get a bump? Difficult dynamics to navigate

Reaction Score
This is probably one of the more in depth views on Mullins recruitment I’ve seen. From what I gather as long as the staff can give him some assurance of PT year one we have the edge. If DH is talking to him about OAD, then you’d have to think it’s part of the plan. Where it comes from is the question.

Then there has to he some thought about who are we ok letting walk in the portal. Do they have enough in next month to determine that?

Reaction Score
This is probably one of the more in depth views on Mullins recruitment I’ve seen. From what I gather as long as the staff can give him some assurance of PT year one we have the edge. If DH is talking to him about OAD, then you’d have to think it’s part of the plan. Where it comes from is the question.
Told you guys Stewart will be in the draft next spring lol

Reaction Score
This is awesome. Hard to believe that we might sign Adams and Mullins in the same class. I see 4 open schollies for sure, the open 13th, Karaban, Diarra, and Johnson. Do we take another guard after this to play at the point, or maybe Adams might play there? Thomas, Lewis, what may happen there?, plus the players we have for next year, Solo, Mahaney, Nowell. It's potentially a little crowded ; staff must feel very strong on Mullins because they may not get Lewis or Thomas if they take another guard. There is a lot going on here; I know we're going to have a killer class one way or the other, it's all good. Very fun recruiting cycle here and I did not even mention the bigs, Bundalo and Reibe. Great stuff!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is awesome. Hard to believe that we might sign Adams and Mullins in the same class. I see 4 open schollies for sure, the open 13th, Karaban, Diarra, and Johnson. Do we take another guard after this to play at the point, or maybe Adams might play there? Thomas, Lewis, what may happen there?, plus the players we have for next year, Solo, Mahaney, Nowell. It's potentially a little crowded ; staff must feel very strong on Mullins because they may not get Lewis or Thomas if they take another guard. There is a lot going on here; I know we're going to have a killer class one way or the other so no it's all good. Very fun recruiting cycle here and I did not even mention the bigs, Bundalo and Reibe. Great stuff!
I’d take Bundalo and Reibe if both want to commit. Nowell and Mahaney should both be here in 2025-2026. If Danny wanted to use the likely last open scholarship we should have he could grab a portal guy if he feels more depth is needed.

Reaction Score
This is awesome. Hard to believe that we might sign Adams and Mullins in the same class. I see 4 open schollies for sure, the open 13th, Karaban, Diarra, and Johnson. Do we take another guard after this to play at the point, or maybe Adams might play there? Thomas, Lewis, what may happen there?, plus the players we have for next year, Solo, Mahaney, Nowell. It's potentially a little crowded ; staff must feel very strong on Mullins because they may not get Lewis or Thomas if they take another guard. There is a lot going on here; I know we're going to have a killer class one way or the other so no it's all good. Very fun recruiting cycle here and I did not even mention the bigs, Bundalo and Reibe. Great stuff!
We're pretty much assured 5 open scholarships. Diarra and Johnson have no more eligibility, open scholarship, Karaban, and McNeeley are gone after this season.

Reaction Score
Never something we want to think or talk about too much but I’d guess there may be an expected transfer or two as part of the conversation.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Never something we want to think or talk about too much but I’d guess there may be an expected transfer or two as part of the conversation.
I don’t think pushing someone from our highly talented top 5 class is a good idea or conversation to have to make room for a freshman. Those guys are also legit NBA talents.

Reaction Score
It is unfortunately inevitable with this level of depth.

Reaction Score

“One team is so good and the coach has the perfect system for me, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to get the minutes I want” vs “one team is so bad that the coach might get fired next year because he refuses to adapt to modern basketball” is a heck of a battle

Reaction Score
It is not about a few hundred thousand, the issue is treating all the players fairly. If mcneeley got 750 should mullins get more? Should he get more than karaban got to stay? If he gets more do the existing players get a bump? Difficult dynamics to navigate
Doesn't this apply to IU as well?
If they can do it and not piss people off then Hurley can as well.
NIL is only going up. Inflation.
Sellers market.
Players need to understand the dynamic nature of the NIL deals. It's NOT a static situation.

Reaction Score
“One team is so good and the coach has the perfect system for me, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to get the minutes I want” vs “one team is so bad that the coach might get fired next year because he refuses to adapt to modern basketball” is a heck of a battle
When you put it that way the choice sounds fairly easy ;)

Think of it this way Braylon - you’ll get more valuable minutes playing intrasquad scrimmages than you’ll get playing at IU against the B10.

Reaction Score
Hurley already has the key to city and a statue in the works but if he lands Adams-Mullins-Reibe give the man a lifetime supply of lucky underwear or something

Reaction Score
Now that Haralson chose ND over Indiana, would they be desperate enough to increase their NIL offer to Mullins even more?

Reaction Score
Doesn't this apply to IU as well?
If they can do it and not piss people off then Hurley can as well.
NIL is only going up. Inflation.
Sellers market.
Players need to understand the dynamic nature of the NIL deals. It's NOT a static situation.
Who said iu is doing it well. They had a lot of talent last year and did not dance. ballo reportedly got 2m. indiana may have the highest payroll. mercenaries is not winning formula. Hurley is managing the nil situation very well. I believe that will continue

Reaction Score
IU's business school is actually the highest ranked out of reibe's suitors, but they don't run the basketball program. maybe they should bring their sports analytics people in there.
That would be the same school Mark Cuban attended....maybe he can write a small check.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom