2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline | Page 31 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline

Reaction Score
Where are you reading that? I didn't say he can't make it. I'm just saying you can't say he is definitely gone this year after one good pre-season game. He showed glimpses last year too and then when into ruts. He has to show more to say he is NBA ready is all I'm saying. Consistency and the ability to take his man off the dribble as well continue to develop his outside shot. I was more sold on Hawkins than I'm on ball as far as NBA talent. Maybe that changes after this season goes along.

I wasn’t directing this solely at you. I think he has to play out of his mind this year to even sniff a shot at the lottery, so I don’t anticipate him leaving. But, unless he really needs more maturing(Bouknight/jalen Adams crap), which doesn’t seem to be the case at all, he still might go…

When players leave UConn now, they don’t leave “early,” they leave at the time when value is maximized. And when you have a culture of dawgs who know DH will class them up, you get a TNew or a Karaban to stick around for an extra year, even when the league is calling them. But Hawkins, who would have been a top 3 pick as a 20 year old junior, still chose to go, and it was the right decision. I don’t know what Solo will choose, but it’s more than a pipe dream this becomes a reality.

You did say he was a 6’3 SG, but he will obviously be playing a lot of on the ball as well. He will have to improve the ball handling because he has to be a PG in the league if he wants meaningful minutes anywhere, but he definitely looked much more under control with the rock against URI than any time last season, and that’s the first step of becoming a top tier PG.

He is not going to putting up 18 a night for us this year, but he might have the highest ceiling of anybody on this roster. That will become obvious to NBA scouts by the time Jan & Feb comes around.

All I’m saying, even though I said a lot….

Solo Ball is not a dude to bet against lmao.

Reaction Score
So just after a freshman season we now assume:

He’s done growing

No one under 6’4 is successful in the nba

He’s not good enough to go pro after frosh yr, but we expect it’ll stay that way in the future

people didn’t think TNew or Cam had a shot at all…solo is a better prospect than both of them, and looks to have made a significant leap this offseason.

I’m excited to look back at this in February.

Chill yall.
How has a Braylon Mullins thread morphed into a discussion of Solo Ball is gone after this year? Collectively, we have the attention span of a fruit fly.

Reaction Score
I wasn’t directing this solely at you. I think he has to play out of his mind this year to even sniff a shot at the lottery, so I don’t anticipate him leaving. But, unless he really needs more maturing(Bouknight/jalen Adams crap), which doesn’t seem to be the case at all, he still might go…

When players leave UConn now, they don’t leave “early,” they leave at the time when value is maximized. And when you have a culture of dawgs who know DH will class them up, you get a TNew or a Karaban to stick around for an extra year, even when the league is calling them. But Hawkins, who would have been a top 3 pick as a 20 year old junior, still chose to go, and it was the right decision. I don’t know what Solo will choose, but it’s more than a pipe dream this becomes a reality.

You did say he was a 6’3 SG, but he will obviously be playing a lot of on the ball as well. He will have to improve the ball handling because he has to be a PG in the league if he wants meaningful minutes anywhere, but he definitely looked much more under control with the rock against URI than any time last season, and that’s the first step of becoming a top tier PG.

He is not going to putting up 18 a night for us this year, but he might have the highest ceiling of anybody on this roster. That will become obvious to NBA scouts by the time Jan & Feb comes around.

All I’m saying, even though I said a lot….

Solo Ball is not a dude to bet against lmao.
Solo doesn't have to be a point guard in the league if he wants meaningful minutes anywhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom